Aisha N. Tyler
San Francisco, California, US
She attended McAteer High School, San Francisco.
Aisha graduated from Dartmouth College, from where she holds a degree in environmental policy.
Actress, stand-up comedian, author, producer, gamer and music video director
- Father – Jim Tyler (Photographer)
- Mother – Robin Gregory (Teacher)
- Siblings – Feri Tyler (Younger Sister)
Aisha Tyler is signed with agencies –
- United Talent Agency
- International Creative Management
- Morbete Publicity Group (Publicist)
Slim and curvaceous
6 ft or 183 cm
145.5 pounds or 66 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Aisha Tyler dated –
- Jeff Tietjens (Married; 1992-Present) – Tyler dated her teenage love Jeff Tietjens (lawyer) for years. The two of them were going around since their high school. They met at ‘Dartmouth College’ and moved to Oakland following their graduation. The couple got married in 1994. After spending two decades together, they split in January 2015. In April 2016, Jeff applied for divorce from her.
Race / Ethnicity
She possesses both African American and native American ancestry.
- Her hourglass figure
- Raised eyebrows
- Towering height
37-26-37 in or 94-66-94 cm
8 (US) or 38 (EU)
In 1997, she appeared in a TV commercial on AT&T Worldnet.
She follows Buddhism.
Best Known For
Aisha is widely known as a stand-up comedienne, a lively television host in shows like Talk Soup (2001), The Talk (2011-).
She is known for appearing in television series like Ghost Whisperer, voicing Lana Kane in Archer, and in 9th and 10th season of Friends, she appeared as Charlie Wheeler, Joey’s and then Ross’ girlfriend.
Aisha appeared in a small role (playing “Woman with Weave”) in HBO’s television film Dancing in September in 2000.
First TV Show
Tyler first appeared in television police drama series Nash Bridges on CBS for her guest role as a reporter.
Aisha Tyler got her noticeable role on television in the supernatural drama series on CBS’s Ghost Whisperer (first season, 2005-2006) as Andrea Marino.
Prior to this, she had also hosted the show Talk Soup in 2001 for cable network E! and Syndication’s reality dating series The Fifth Wheel (hosted from 2001 to 2002).
Aisha Tyler is famous for her curvaceous body and a magniloquent height of 6 feet. She is a yoga practitioner and does cardio on elliptical machine. She does jogging and hiking as well.
Her fitness freakiness can be counted by the fact that she has even got up early in the morning at 3 am to exercise. She takes a healthy diet rich in vegetables, but sometimes Aisha treats herself with a stint of chocolate.
Aisha Tyler Favorite Things
- Authors – Ray Bradbury, J.R.R. Tolkien
Source – TV Guide
Aisha Tyler Facts
- Her parents split when Tyler was 10, and hence she was raised by her father.
- She was raised in a strict veggie home.
- She is a celebrated author. Her second book, Self-Inflicted Wounds: Heartwarming Tales of Epic Humiliation (released July 2013) became the New York Times bestseller. Before that her first book, Swerve: A guide to the Sweet Life for Postmodern Girls (released January (2004) was also very well received.
- Aisha is an avid fan of beer and is a home brewer.
- She has appeared in music videos as well viz., Slow Jamz (2003) by “Twista” and Tacky for “Weird Al” Yankovic (2014).
- She also appears in the video game “Watch Dogs” as herself.
- Aisha enjoys cooking food.
- She has given the voice for “Mother Nature” in Santa Clause 2 (American Romantic comedy, 2002).
- Tyler hosts a popular online podcast Girl on Guy, where she interviews favorite celebrity friends and discusses topic guys love.
- Aisha wanted to become an environmental lawyer until she went to a live comedy show.
- Visit her official website @ aishatyler.com.
- Connect with Aisha on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Google+, and YouTube.