Aish, Gullu, Ash
Mangalore, Karnataka, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Aishwarya attended Arya Vidya Mandir Secondary School, Mumbai. Her parents relocated to Mumbai for work and as a result, she did her schooling from there. She started modeling with Camlin pencils, when she was in ninth class. Post to her schooling, she went Jai Hind College for just an year. During that time, her snaps were taken by her English professor (an amateur photographer) and that were published in one of the fashion magazine. It was the start of her successful modeling career.
Later she completed her education from The D.G. Ruparel College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Matunga, Mumbai. She also enrolled herself into Raheja College of Arts to study architecture. But, again dropped out from that college to pursue a full time career in modeling.
- Father – Krishnaraj Rai (Marine biologist)
- Mother – Brindya Rai (Writer)
- Siblings – Aditya Rai (Elder Brother) (Works as an engineer at Merchant Navy)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ash dated –
- Vivek Oberoi – Oberoi, who is 3 years younger than her dated Aishwarya in the past.
- Salman Khan (1999-2001) – Salman acted in the 1999 film “Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam” with Aishwarya. This was the start of their dating relationship. But, later in 2001, it came to an end. Rai reported to the media as Salman abused her – emotionally, physically, and verbally. But, Khan on the other hand, denied of these offences.
- Abhishek Bachchan (2005-Present) – Finally, Aishwarya married Abhishek. They acted together in the 2006 action film Dhoom 2 and this time, Abhishek fell in love with her. Though this was not the first time – on screen appearance of the duo. They had appeared together in “Dhaai Akshar Prem Ke” (2000) and “Kuch Naa Kaho” (2003). The couple engaged on 14 January, 2007 and married on 20 April, 2007 according to the rituals of the Bunt community, to which Aishwarya belongs. The marriage cremeony took place in the Bachchan’s residence, Prateeksha in Juhu, Mumbai. The couple have one daughter, Aaradhya Bachchan (b. 16 November, 2011). She has been nicknamed as “Beti B” by the fans.
34-26-34 in or 86-66-86 cm
She may be wearing a shoe of size 7.
She has appeared in TV commercials for Camlin pencils, Fuji films, Pepsi, Coca-Cola (the only female actor to endorse both Pepsi and Coca Cola), Titan Watches, Longines watches, L’Oréal, Lakmé Cosmetics, Casio pager, Philips, Palmolive, Lux, Nakshatra Diamond Jewellery, Kalyan Jewellers, De Beers diamonds.
Best Known For
Acting in hindi language films like Taal (1999), Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999), Dhoom 2 (2006), Robot (2010), Action Replayy (2010) and others.
1997 Tamil language political drama film, Iruvar for her role as Pushpavalli / Kalpana. This film was also dubbed into Telugu Iddaru.
First TV Show
She had / does not appear in any of the television shows.
Aishwarya Rai must have worked out a lot to make her body to get the shape, people wants her to see in. This is a show business; she has to look good and toned. She has lost her post baby weight and become flab to fab. Rai is ready to comeback on the screen again. You may want to read about her dieting and workout habits here.
“I’m just an average woman with average concerns.”
She would like to donate her eyes after death. She explained –
“People know me more because of my eyes. So I decided to donate my eyes. But before that, I acquired all the information about the campaign. Within what time after death one has to donate eyes, and all other information. Only then I decided to donate my eyes. It’s not that just for doing something, I donated my eyes. I found that useful so I did it. I like to do social service from my heart. Whatever is possible I do, but I don’t speak of that. But I would like to give more time to it in the near future.”
Aishwarya Rai Favorite Things
- Food – Likes every cuisine, especially Indian
- Beauty Destination – The cities of Normandy, Paris, Cannes in France.
Aishwarya Rai Facts
- She became Miss Indian as well as Miss World in 1994.
- She is one of the leading contemporary actress of Indian film industry.
- Rai was born to a family, who belonged to a Bunt community of Tulu Nadu.
- Aishwarya’s elder brother, who works at merchant navy had also produced a hindi film in 2003. It was Dil Ka Rishta, starring her sister, Aishwarya and Arjun Rampal.
- In 1991, she was featured in Vogue magazine – US edition.
- She had earlier thought of pursuing a career in the field of medicine. But, dropped the idea and instead took admission in Raheja College of Arts to study architecture.
- According to a survey conducted by World Watch Report, she is the second most popular watch brand ambassador all over the world.
- She is the first Indian actress to be in the jury of Cannes International Film Festival.
- She likes to collect wrist watches.
- She had turned down the roles in various films, such as the role of Rani Mukherji in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998). The other role which she turned down was in Munnabhai M.B.B.S. (2003), which was later offered to Gracy Singh.
- She has appeared in many English language films like The Pink Panther 2 (2009), The Last Legion (2007), Provoked (2007), Mistress of Spices (2005), and Bride & Prejudice (2004).
- She is a supported of PETA (People for Ethical Treatment of Animals) India and is the spokesperson for UN Microcredit.
- She will donate her eyes to Eye Bank Association of India after death.