Alex went to the National Institute of Dramatic Art in Sydney in 1999. In 2002, he graduated with a Bachelor of Dramatic Arts degree.
- Father – is a physics and astronomy teacher.
- Mother – is a nurse.
- Siblings – Jennifer O’Loughlin (Younger Sister)
- Others – Canadian stepfather
United Talent Agency
6 ft 0¾ in or 185 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alex O’Loughlin has dated –
- Holly Valance (2005-2009) – Alex first met actress and singer Holly Valance at their mutual female friend’s house. That particular friend had just moved into new house and Alex was helping her repair the place and Holly was visiting her. They regularly kept meeting at their friend’s house and eventually started going out. After dating for a couple of months, they moved in together. They went out for about four years, before going separate ways in February 2009.
- Amber Clayton (2010-2011) – Alex started dating actress Amber Clayton in 2010 after having grown close while working in the Three Rivers TV series. He owned up to dating her in 2011 but refused to reveal too much as he didn’t want to put his new relationship under the strain of being in the spotlight and also he felt it was no one’s business.
- Jodhi Meares (2011) – O’Loughlin had a passing affair with model Jodhi Meares nearing the 2011 end. He made his relationship with Jodhi public by walking the red carpet together at the GQ Australia Men of the Year Awards in November 2011.
- Malia Jones (2011-Present) – Alex made his relationship with surfer and model Malia Jones public by stepping out together in November 2011. In August 2012, Alex’s representative revealed that they had added a baby boy named Lion to their family. Jones already had a son Spike from her earlier relationship. In April 2014, they got married in a secret wedding in Hawaii, where they have been living together.
Note – Alex had his first child, a son named Saxon who was born in 1997 as a result of his relationship with an unidentified woman.
Race / Ethnicity
Alex has Irish and Scottish ancestry.
- Tall and hunky
- Fuzzy beard
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Alex has starred in the TV commercials for –
- One A Day
- Toyota automobiles
- Infiniti Q50
- CBS Cares, Typhoon Haiyan
- Mitsubishi automobiles
- Libra Tampons
He has appeared in a print ad campaign for Supima.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Lieutenant Commander Steve McGarrett in CBS action series, Hawaii Five-0.
- Playing the role of protagonist in the CBS medical drama series, Three Rivers.
Alex debuted with 2004 rom-com film Oyster Farmer in the role of Jack Flange.
First TV Show
In 2003, Alex guest appeared in the Network Ten series White Collar Blue as Ian Mack.
Alex started doing karate at a very young age, which helped him establish a solid foundation. Also, in his early 20s, he used to go for heavy lifting exercises. However, he has mellowed down since and instead prefers moderate lifting exercises.
He works out about 5 times a week and his workouts focus on circuit and interval training. In the circuit, usually, three to five exercises are done one after another without any rest until the circuit is completed.
He likes to mix up his workout by indulging in surfing in his free time. And, as he lives in Hawaii and his wife was a professional surfer, he gets plenty of opportunities to do his favorite pastime. He also likes to go for trail running to unwind and destress.
He makes sure that he is hydrated and it is his self-imposed rule to drink 2 gallons of water daily. His typical diet plan is like –
- Breakfast – Half cup of oatmeal, some almonds, banana and reduced fat milk.
- Lunch and Dinner – A balanced meal comprising of a protein source like chicken breast, fresh vegetables, and healthy carbs such as brown rice and whole pasta.
Alex O’Loughlin Favorite Things
- Shower Song – Johnny B. Goode
- Super Power – Flying
Source – Women’s Health Mag
Alex O’Loughlin Facts
- In 2010, BuddyTV placed him on #2 on the list of “TV’s 100 Sexiest Men of 2010”. He bagged #9 spot in 2011’s list.
- In his teenage years, he worked as a plumber for about 3 months. He rates it as his worst job.
- In 2005, he traveled to London to screen test for the iconic role of James Bond. He considers it the biggest screen test, he has done.
- As a child, he suffered from obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). He later found out that he suffered from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) as well.
- In his free time, he likes to play his guitar.
- He is proud of his fishing skills. He learned the technique to catch fly-fish, which is known as crack a whip in his childhood.
- While living in Australia, he was once involved in fighting a bushfire.
- Follow Alex on Facebook.