Amy Lou Adams
Adams was born on August 20, 1974
Vicenza, Veneto, Italy
Adams graduated from Douglas County High School in Castle Rock, Colorado. Amy didn’t pursue college after that. And, now she also regrets her decision of not attending college at that time.
- Father - Richard Kent (U.S. serviceman)
- Mother - Kathryn (née Hicken) Adams (Semi-professional bodybuilder)
- Siblings - She has four brothers and two sisters.
Amy comes at #4 out of the seven children.
Amy’s dad Richard had also sang at various restaurants professionally, besides his service with U.S. government. When Amy was born, Richard was posted at Caserma Ederle.
Amy’s parents divorced in 1985.
She is connected with Management Artists Syndication.
R&B, calypso, doo-wop, popular music, pop
Decca Records, Walt Disney Records
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
58 kg or 128 pounds
Amy Adams dated -
- Darren Le Gallo (2001-Present) – Since 2001, Amy is dating actor and artist Darren Le Gallo. She met him for the first time during an acting class in 2001. Later, in April 2008, after dating for several years, the couple engaged. Amy gave birth to the couple’s first daughter Aviana Olea Le Gallo in May 2010.
She has English, German, Danish and Norwegian ancestry.
Amy has naturally “Strawberry blonde” hair color.
But we all know she is a redhead now. But, then why she went red?
It is because of the TV show Dr. Vegas in which she played a nurse named Alice Doherty in 2004. For that, she had to dye her pretty hair red. And, her performance was also just for 5 episodes.
- Sparkling blue eyes
- Wide-eyed expressions
- Bright smile
- Amy frequently plays the optimistic characters.
34-25-34 in or 87-63.5-87 cm
Lacoste’s fragrance line
Best Known For
Her portrayal in films like Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (2009), Man of Steel (2013), American Hustle (2013), Enchanted (2007), Julie & Julia (2009) and others.
For the 2007 Walt Disney’s animated musical film Enchanted, Amy Adams contributed as a singer for the film’s soundtrack (She was also the lead actress in the film). She sang the songs such as “True Love’s Kiss”, “Happy Working Song” and “That’s How You Know”.
Then, again for the 2008 movie Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day, and 2011 movie The Muppets, she contributed as a singer and actress.
Adams debuted with 1999 American black comedy film Drop Dead Gorgeous for her role as Leslie Miller.
First TV Show
In 2000, Amy played the role as Kat Peterson in Fox’s period sitcom That ’70s Show in an episode titled “Burning Down the House”.
Amy does exercise and hiking regularly.
After giving birth to her first child in mid 2010, she was working out, whenever she got time and ate healthy. However, she is not a fan of starvation and super skinny bodies and also don’t want to be recognized for such stuff.
She did exotic dancing to shed off the extra pounds, which she gained after giving birth to Aviana.
Amy Adams Favorite Things
- Food - Nachos
- Movies - The Apartment (1960), Vertigo (1958), Grease (1978)
- Disney Princess - Cinderella
- Song - That’s How You Know
- Animal – Amy’s own dog named Pippy
- Actresses - Cate Blanchett, Rachel Weisz, Samantha Morton
- Ice Cream Flavor - Strawberry Cheesecake
- Band - Gorillaz
- Broadway Musical - Man of La Mancha
Source – LATimes, MoviesOnline
Amy Adams Facts
- Amy was active in singing during her time in high school.
- She had plans to take ballet dancing as her career.
- She has also worked at Gap store as a greeter (her job was to welcome the customers).
- After completing her graduation, she also worked at Hooters restaurants as a hostess.
- She likes to read books.
- If given a chance, she would definitely like to work with French actress Audrey Tautou.
- She knows knitting and she learned it from veteran actress Meryl Streep.
- She likes to sing karaoke.