Amy Lynn Hartzler
Queen of Rock
Riverside, California, United States
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Amy Lee graduated from the Pulaski Academy in Little Rock in 2000.
She then got enrolled at the Middle Tennessee State University, where she aimed to study music theory and composition. But, dropped out before completing her studies to focus on her music career.
Singer, songwriter, record producer, multi-instrumentalist
- Father – John Lee (Disc Jockey and TV Personality)
- Mother – Sara Cargill
- Siblings – Robby Lee (Brother), Carrie Lee (Sister), Lori Lee (Sister), Bonnie Lee (Younger Sister) (Died in 1987 due to illness)
Amy Lee is represented by Revelation Management Group.
Vocals, piano, harp
Epic, Wind-up Records, EMI
5 ft 3½ in or 161 cm
62 kg or 137 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amy Lee has dated –
- Shaun Morgan (2003-2005) – Amy Lee and musician Shaun Morgan’s relationship didn’t attract as much attention as their bitter break up in 2005 and constant jabs at each other did. In a very obvious shot, Amy Lee released a song titled “Call Me When You’re Sober” and it was rubbed completely in as it was coincidentally aired on various radio stations on the same day he checked into rehab. Also, the case of her band guitarist Troy McLawhorn joining Morgan’s band and returning back only made the fallout nastier.
- Ben Moody – Amy was reported to be in a relationship with her bandmate Ben Moody. It all ended in acrimony as they had a very public fallout leading to his departure from the band.
- Josh Hartzler (2007-Present) – Amy Lee got engaged to her longtime friend Josh Hartzler in January 2007. In May 2007, they got married at her family’s house in Little Rock and went to the Bahamas for the honeymoon. On July 24, 2014, she gave birth to a son, Jack Lion Hartzler. She has credited him for inspiring many of her songs.
Race / Ethnicity
She has naturally “Brown” hair.
- Blue eyes
- Her gothic style sense
36-28-37 in or 91.5-71-94 cm
12 (US) or 42 (EU)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
Amy Lee has been seen in an Evanescence Shampoo advert.
Best Known For
Being the lead singer and founder of the rock band, Evanescence.
Amy Lee released her debut solo studio album, Dream Too Much in September 2016.
Her first album with Evanescence band was Fallen, which was released in March 2003. Worldwide, it was sold 17 million times.
She hasn’t appeared in a theatrical movie yet.
First TV Show
In 2003, Amy guest appeared with her band Evanescence in an episode of music documentary Real Magic TV as herself.
Her workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Amy Lee Favorite Things
- Artists – Michael Jackson, Nirvana, Tori Amos, Björk, NIN (Trent Reznor), Coldplay
- Video Game – Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- TV Show – Adventure Time
Source – IMDb, US Magazine
Amy Lee Facts
- Amy Lee has served as an American chairperson for Out of the Shadows, which is an international foundation working to spread awareness about epilepsy.
- Her first name is inspired by the 70s song “Amie.”
- While growing up, she took classes to learn how to play classical piano for 9 years.
- During her senior year at high school, she was a president of the school choir council. She even composed a choir arrangement that was performed at the graduation ceremony.
- The Hello track of her band’s debut album, Fallen is inspired by her sister who died at the age of 3. She is so emotionally invested in the track that she doesn’t perform it at live concerts.
- She has a hobby of collecting Care Bears, Rainbow Brite dolls, and videos from her childhood.
- While growing up, she wanted to become a veterinarian. But, a video showing vet operating surgery on dog dissuaded her and she decided to become a pianist.
- She is allergic to lobsters but still loves them.
- In her high school choir, she used to serve as an alto.
- Visit her official website @ amyleeofficial.com.
- Follow Amy Lee on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Google+, and iTunes.