Anne Jacqueline Hathaway
Hathaway was born on November 12, 1982
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA
She completed her schooling from Brooklyn Heights Montessori School and Wyoming Elementary School in Millburn.
She graduated from Millburn High School. Later, she majored in English and minored in Women’s Studies at Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, New York. After that, Anne enrolled herself into New York University’s Gallatin School of Individualized Study.
Finally, she attended American Academy of Dramatic Arts.
- Father – Gerald Thomas Hathaway (Lawyer)
- Mother – Kathleen Ann “Kate” (née McCauley) (Actress)
- Siblings – Michael (Older Brother), Thomas (Younger Brother)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
56 kg or 123.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anne Hathaway dated –
- Topher Grace (1999-2001) – American actor, Topher Grace dated Anne from 1999 until 2001. They made a cute couple together. Grace and Anne have also appeared on screen together in 2010 movie Valentine’s Day. They separated amicably in 2001.
- James Holzier (2001-2002) – For couple of months between 2001 and 2002, Anne was RUMORed to be dating with James.
- Scott Sartiano (2002) – After her breakup with Topher, she was dating restaurateur Scott. It was a very brief relationship in which she might have enjoyed free food.
- Hugh Dancy (2002-2004) – About 8 years older than Anne, Hugh Dancy, an English actor dated for a good two years from 2002 to 2004. She made a good looking couple and had appeared together on various occasions on the red carpet.
- Raffaello Follieri (2004-2008) – She first met Italian businessman (real estate developer), Raffaello in New York in 2004 and soon she became an item with him. This relationship went longer than others (before this). But, after he was found guilty of backstabbing his investors, Follieri was sentenced to four and a half years of imprisonment. And, due to all this, Anne left him as the bad press may have a negative impact on her career. Hence, the relationship ended in 2008.
- Adam Shulman (2008-Present) – Finally, Anne found a man, with whom she would settle down this time. Actor Adam Shulman and Anne commenced dating in October 2008. After three years of dating, they decided to engage and this happened in November 2011. In the following year, on September 29, 2012, Adam and Anne married in Big Sur, California in an interfaith Roman Catholic and Jewish service.
- James Franco (2011) – In 2011, the actors James Franco and Anne Hathaway were RUMORed to be an item.
Anne has Irish and French ancestry mainly, with a little bit of German and Native American.
- Slim figure
- She often plays lively, free-spirited women, who tries to remain independent
34-25-35 in or 87-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
She wears shoe of size 8.5.
Her upbringing was as Roman Catholic, but after finding that her older brother Michael is gay, she started calling herself as nondenominational Christian.
Best Known For
Appearing in films like The Princess Diaries (2001), Get Smart (2008), Alice in Wonderland (2010), The Dark Knight Rises (2012), Les Misérables (2012).
Anne appeared in 2001 American comedy film The Princess Diaries for her role as Mia Thermopolis.
First TV Show
Hathaway appeared in FOX Network’s short lived comedy-drama television series Get Real for her role as Meghan Green. From 1999 to 2000, she appeared in a total of 22 episodes.
She has a petite frame and this all comes with proper diet and exercise. This all happened after her starvation diet for Les Miserables. She danced for one and a half hour and did stunt training for five days a week for the 2012 movie. Learn more about her eating habits and workout routine.
Anne Hathaway Favorite Things
Anne Hathaway Facts
- In 2009, Anne appeared in a comedy play by William Shakespeare entitled Twelfth Night as Viola.
- Her older brother Michael is gay.
- She is the first teenager ever to be admitted into The Barrow Group Theater Company’s acting program.
- She suffered from depression, when she was teenager.
- Anne loves her chocolate Labrador named Esmeralda.
- She is one of the People Magazine‘s Most Beautiful People in 2009.