Anthony Marshon Davis Jr.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Davis went to Perspectives Charter School. After graduating from high school, Anthony continued his education at the University of Kentucky where he played for the Wildcats coached by John Calipari until the end of his sophomore year.
Eventually, in the summer before his junior year, Davis decided to quit the rest of his college years and participated in the 2012 NBA Draft.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Anthony Davis, Sr.
- Mother – Erainer Davis
- Siblings – Antoinette Davis (Twin Sister), Lesha Davis (Older Sister) (Basketball Player)
Davis is signed with Thad Foucher.
Anthony is also signed with Wasserman Media Group LLC.
Power Forward / Center
6 ft 10 in or 208 cm
115 kg or 253½ lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Anthony Davis dated –
- Dylan Gonzalez – In the past, Anthony dated the female basketball player Dylan Gonzalez.
- Brittney Griner – Later, he was romantically linked with another WNBA player Brittney Griner.
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
- Long Arms
Anthony Davis’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 52 in or 132 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 36.5 in or 93 cm
17 (US) or 50 (EU)
Anthony Davis has been seen in TV adverts for Red Bull, Foot Locker, NBA 2K, Nike, Boost Mobile and others.
Davis’s religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Being the 1st overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft. He is also known for his huge wingspan reaching 7 feet and 5½ inches in total.
First Basketball Match
Anthony started his first official game for the New Orleans Hornets on October 31, 2012 against San Antonio Spurs. The Hornets lost the game by 4 with the final score being 99-95 in which Anthony scored 21 points and grabbed a total of 7 rebounds.
- Wingspan (7 ft 5½ in)
Davis has not performed in a movie yet.
First TV Show
Other than basketball matches itself, Anthony has been seen in 2 episodes of the news sports talk show Mike & Mike in 2014 and 2015 as himself.
We found several videos on Anthony’s workouts which can be seen on the following links –
Anthony Davis Favorite Things
- Snowball – Strawberry Snowballs
- New Orleans Musician or Band – Lil Wayne
- New Orleans Festival – Essence Fest
- Mardi Gras Parade – Endymion
- New Orleans Museum – National World War II Museum
- Po-Boy – Gumbo
Source – Gonola.com
Anthony Davis Facts
- While in high school, his teams used to train in a nearby church as their school had no gymnasium.
- At the end of his freshman year, Anthony stood only 6 feet 0 inches (183 cm) tall. However before the start of his sophomore year, he was already 6 feet and 4 inches (193 cm).
- Despite he was wanted by colleges such as DePaul, Ohio State, and Syracuse, Anthony chose Kentucky.
- Before Davis stated that he desired to play for the Wildcats, there were rumored reports released in public by Chicago Sun-Times in which Anthony’s father was accused of being involved in a pay-to-play scandal.
- According to Sporting News, Anthony was selected for the 2012 Men’s College Basketball Player of the Year award.
- On March 19, 2012, Davis achieved the U.S. Basketball Writers Association’s Robertson trophy.
- On March 31, 2012, Anthony received the John R. Wooden Award and only a day after, he got the Naismith award for College Player of the Year.
- On June 28, 2012, Davis was picked by the New Orleans Hornets as the first overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft.
- On July 24, 2012, David penned a three-year contract with the Hornets worth 16 million dollars.
- On February 15, 2013, he performed at the 2013 NBA All-Star Game. Anthony competed in the Rising Stars Challenge.
- Because of a shoulder injury, Anthony missed the 2015 NBA All-Star Game.
- At the end of 2014-2015 season, he was chosen for the All-NBA First Team.
- On July 9, 2015, Davis re-signed with the Hornets for another five years for a sum of 145 million dollars.
- He played for the USA’s National Team at the 2012 Olympics and won the gold medal.
- Follow Anthony Davis on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.