Miami, Florida, United States
Argentine, British, American
At the age of 17, Anya dropped out of school to concentrate on becoming an actress.
Actress, model, and former ballet dancer
- Father – used to race powerboats.
- Mother – Worked as a photographer and interior designer
- Siblings – Unknown
Anya Taylor-Joy is represented by –
- Creative Artists Agency – USA (via Deadline)
- Troika – UK
- Felker Toczek Suddleson Abramson
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Details about her dating history and private life aren’t known.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Scottish and Argentine ancestry while on her mother’s side, she is of Spanish and English descent.
33-26-34 in or 84-66-86 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
During her brief stint as a model, she appeared in a number of advertising campaigns.
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Starring in the lead role in the much-lauded horror movie, The Witch (2015).
- Playing the role of young Barack Obama’s close friend in Vikram Gandhi’s Split (2016).
She made her first film appearance in an uncredited role of a feeder girl in Vampire Academy in 2014.
First TV Show
In 2014, Anya guest appeared in an episode of detective drama series Endeavour as Philippa Collins-Davidson.
In her teen years, Anya Taylor-Joy relied on her ballet routines to keep her svelte figure in perfect shape.
However, in preparation for her role in 2016 movie, Morgan, she underwent a boot camp style workout, which was performed almost daily for a stretch of 2 weeks. This workout relied heavily on martial arts and boxing style exercise routine.
Anya Taylor-Joy Favorite Things
- TV Shows – Dawson’s Creek (1998-2003), Freaks and Geeks (1999-2000), 8 Simple Rules (2002-2005)
- Food – Truffles
- Comedy Movie – Undercover Blues (1993)
- Pizza – Vegan Truffle Pizza
- Emoji – Unicorn, Twisted Snake, Pizza, Bearded Shrimp
- Celebrity Girl Crush – Winona Ryder, Angelina Jolie, Tilda Swinton
- Role Model – Tilda Swinton, Cate Blanchett
Source – Buzzfeed, Just Jared
Anya Taylor-Joy Facts
- Her first acting performance was in the primary school production of Perkin and the Pastry Cook. She was cast in the role of Perkin.
- Anya took ballet classes until the age of 15. It was then, she decided to drop it as she didn’t want to give up on acting.
- Her first professional audition was for the role of young Maleficent in the Disney movie. She had traveled for the audition to London with her mother but, missed out on the part.
- She almost missed out on becoming a model, when she mistook Storm Modeling agency founder, Sarah Doukas as a stalker and tried to run away on the streets of London.
- Taylor-Joy can play the ukulele and likes to write songs in her free time. She has also learned to play electric guitar.
- She has been a vegetarian since the age of 10. And, in November 2015, she became a vegan as well. She doesn’t have a problem with eating eggs or cheese but objects to animal cruelty perpetuated by mass production.
- When she wanted to drop out of school, she wrote a long essay for her parents in a bid to make them understand, it was a well thought and mature decision.
- She only spoke Spanish until the age of 6 as her family had shifted to Argentina when she was an infant.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.