Ashley was born on May 16, 1991
Aliso Viejo, California, USA
Wagner was initially homeschooled for seven months and then she took admission into Whitman Middle School. After that, she attended West Potomac High School in Virginia. She further continued her study by enrolling herself into Northern Virginia Community College’s online course. Subsequently, Ashley attended Saddleback College in Mission Viejo, California.
Finally, she studied sports journalism.
- Father – Eric Wagner (Retired lieutenant colonel in the United States Army)
- Mother – Melissa James (Former schoolteacher)
- Siblings – Austin Wagner (Younger Brother) (Competed in skating at the national level)
Shae-Lynn Bourne, David Wilson, Phillip Mills (former), Irina Romanova (former)
SC of Wilmington
John Nicks, Rafael Arutyunyan, Priscilla Hill (former), Shirley Hughes (former)
5 ft 2½ in or 159 cm
50 kg or 110 pounds
Her dating history is not known.
32-23-33 in or 81-58.5-84 cm
She is style ambassador for the jewelry giant, Pandora.
Her religious beliefs aren’t known.
Best Known For
Representing America in figure skating and winning accolades at different levels such as becoming the U.S. national champion in 2012 and 2013.
Ashley appeared in a 90 minute long, sports based, TV movie titled Kaleidoscope as herself in 2009.
First TV Show
In 2012, Wagner guest appeared in a news talk show Today as herself in an episode dated November 20, 2012.
Being an ice figure skater, she is on ice most of the times. Ashley spends 22 hours in a week and 5 days in a week (approx 5½ hours in a day) on the ice, working out. Besides this, she also does yoga to freshen up and have a flexible body. Cardio is also important for her. So, she does running and swimming in the form of cardio.
Ashley also focus on weight training by taking proper advice from her trainer.
She does not work with a nutritionist, but do eats healthy and munches on snacks throughout the day like nuts, fresh fruits, granola, etc. Her breakfast is like an orange juice and a protein bar. She also have light lunch like salad, or sandwich or her favorite chicken quesadillas. Her dinner is sometimes burger, or pasta, etc – it depends on her mood.
Ashley also takes iron supplements.
She also knows cooking and sometimes prepares her own food.
Ashley Wagner Favorite Things
- Food – Chicken Quesadillas from Sonia’s Cafe, Skating Club of Wilmington
- TV Show – The Office (2005-2013), Gilmore Girls (2000-2007), House (2004-2012)
- Country – Germany
- Skater – Tara Lipinski, Michelle Kwan
- Drink – Lemonade
- Book – Atonement (By Ian McEwan), A Thousand Splendid Suns (By Khaled Hosseini)
- Color – Green
Source – FigureSkatersOnline, Sochi2014
Ashley Wagner Facts
- She was born in Germany, but she resides and represents U.S. in figure skating.
- Ashley began skating in 1996, when she was five years old in Eagle River, Alaska.
- As of January 2014, she is at #4 in world ranking.
- She is an ice cream enthusiast.
- Ashley was born in Germany on U.S. Army Base because of her dad’s posting there at that time.
- She cites Seabeck, Washington as her home. She has actually travelled to many places within the U.S. and Germany because of her dad’s job in U.S. army.
- She won a bronze medal in the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics in the team event.
- After retiring from figure skating, she expresses her desire to work in broadcast journalism.
- She goes with the motto – “No guts, no glory.”
- During her childhood, she was given the choice to either choose skating or ballet for learning.
- She knows English and German language.
- She likes to run on the beach, read books, and laser tag.
- She likes to explore small diners, where she can have the world’s best pie.
- Visit her official website @ figureskatersonline.com.
- Hear more from Ashley on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.