Calista Kay Flockhart
Freeport, Illinois, United States
Calista Flockhart graduated from the Shawnee High School in Medford Township in 1983.
She then got enrolled for a competitive and specialized class at Mason Gross School of the Arts at Rutgers University and received her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Theatre in 1988.
- Father – Ronald Flockhart (Kraft Foods Executive)
- Mother – Kay Calista (English Teacher)
- Siblings – Gary Flockhart (Older Brother) (Writer/Content Editor)
- Others – Hannah Calista Flockhart (Paternal Great-Grandmother), John Flockhart (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Mary Calista Honohan (Maternal Great-Grandmother), Terence Ford (Brother-in-law) (Actor)
Calista Flockhart is represented by Viewpoint, Inc.
5 ft 5½ in or 166 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
- David E. Kelley (1997) – Calista was reported to be in a relationship with her TV series, Ally McBeal creator David E. Kelley in 1997. The relationship created a huge scandal as Kelley was married to actress Michelle Pfeiffer at that time.
- Jeffrey Kramer (1997) – At the same time, when Calista was linked with Kelley, the reports also linked her with comedy show’s co-executive producer Jeffrey Kramer. Like the previously mentioned affair, this one wasn’t confirmed by reps of the involved parties.
- Sam Mendes (1999) – Calista was going out with English film director Sam Mendes in spring and summer of 1999.
- Robert Downey Jr. (2001) – Flockhart started dating actor Robert Downey Jr in 2001 after having met him on the sets of Ally McBeal series.
- Jon Bon Jovi (2002) – In 2002, Calista was reported to be seeing rock star Jon Bon Jovi, with whom she had grown close during his cameo appearance in the fifth season of the Ally McBeal series.
- Harrison Ford (2002-Present) – Calista met her future husband Harrison Ford at the 2002 Golden Globe Awards. Reportedly, Calista had spilled her drink on Ford in a bid to get more private time with him which worked perfectly for her. In 2009, Ford and Calista got engaged on Valentine’s Day eve. They got married more than a year later in June 2010 in Santa Monica at governor’s mansion. The ceremony was officiated by Supreme Court Chief Justice Charles W. Daniels and Governor Bill Richardson. They have adopted one son, Liam.
Race / Ethnicity
Calista Flockhart is of Irish, Scottish, German and English descent.
- Brown eyes
- Slim figure
31-22-32 in or 79-56-81 cm
0-2 (US) or 30-32 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
Calista has not endorsed any brand yet.
Her religious views are not known.
Best Known For
- Her roles in the TV shows like Ally McBeal, Supergirl and Brothers & Sisters.
- Being married to Hollywood legend Harrison Ford.
Calista made her debut in 1993 with rom-com film Naked in New York in the role of an acting student.
First TV Show
Calista made her first TV show appearance in Guiding Light in 1989 as Elise.
Calista Flockhart loves to go out for a workout to maintain her famously thin figure. She could be often seen out and about on her routine morning runs in Los Angeles. She is not averse to hitting the gym as well.
When it comes to diet, she relies on Atkins diet to keep her body trim and in shape. The Atkins diet doesn’t place any limit on calorie intake or fat consumption. It only restricts carbohydrate intake.
For the breakfast, she likes to have boiled eggs. The lunch is mostly comprised of nuts, which are also preferred for snacking. For dinner, she likes to go out and consume beef or additionally, a strip of bacon to the meal.
Calista Flockhart Favorite Things
Her favorite things aren’t known.
Calista Flockhart Facts
- While studying at Shawnee High School, she was a part of the school council and was also a cheerleader.
- During her early struggling acting days, she used to work as an aerobics instructor and waitress in New York City for financial support and lived in a two-bedroom apartment with three other women.
- In her childhood, she once composed a play called Toyland and performed it for guests at the dinner party.
- Due to her thin figure, Calista has been suspected of suffering from anorexia or bulimia. She has claimed that she doesn’t suffer from any such disease neither has indulged in any drug abuse.
- Flockhart has worked from 2004 to 2014 as a national spokesperson for a nonprofit organization, Peace Over Violence, which works to eliminate violence from the society.
- In May 2003, she was inducted into the Rutgers Hall of Distinguished Alumni for her tremendous achievements in the acting field.
- She has been involved with the Los Angeles Commission on Assaults against Women as a national spokesperson and received Humanitarian Award in October 2005 from them.
- In April 2006, Calista was honored with an addition to the South Jersey Arts and Entertainment Hall of Fame.
- In 1998, the People’s magazine featured Flockhart in the list of “50 Most Beautiful People.”
- Calista does not have social media accounts.