Carey Hannah Mulligan
Westminster, London, England
Mulligan attended International School of Düsseldorf in Germany. Post that, she attended Woldingham School in Surrey, England.
- Father – Stephen Mulligan (Hotel Manager)
- Mother – Nano (née Booth) (College Lecturer)
- Siblings – Owain (Elder Brother) (Works in British Army)
Carey is signed with these talent agencies –
- Julian Belfrage Associates
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mulligan dated –
- Shia LaBeouf (2009-2010) – Shia met Carey on the set of the 2010 movie Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps. The two of them started dating in August 2009, when they were filming the movie. The relationship however went till October 2010, when they ultimately separated.
- Tom Sturridge (2010) – Tom was RUMORed to be dating Mulligan in October 2010. After her split from Shia, she was staying at Best Western Hotel and was photographed with Tom, who used to walk behind her to avoid being spotted and photographed.
- Eddie Redmayne (2011) – They were RUMORed to be dating when the two were spotted walking arm and arm in New York around January 2011.
- Marcus Mumford (2011-Present) – The childhood friends, musician Marcus and actress Carey met again as adults in February 2011 and liked the company of each other so much that they married on 21 April, 2012. Marcus is the lead singer of “Mumford & Sons” in Somerset, England. The couple engaged somewhere in July 2011. Mumford is around 2 years younger than her. The couple welcomed their first daughter, Evelyn Mumford in September 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
Brown hair and eyes
34-25-35 in or 87-63.5-89 cm
In 2012, she became the ambassador of Alzheimer’s Society. The organization aims at creating awareness among the people about the disease Alzheimer and dementia.
She was raised Catholic. She does not seems to be too religious.
Best Known For
Working in films like The Greatest (2009), An Education (2009), Never Let Me Go (2010), Drive (2011), Shame (2011).
2005 British romance film Pride & Prejudice for her role as Kitty Bennet.
First TV Show
She appeared in a TV series Bleak House in 2005 BBC television drama serial adaptation of Charles Dickens’ novel Bleak House. It was a mini TV series consisting of only 15 episodes.
Carey says that she does not do heavy workout. She had told her trainer that she wants to look like a normal person, who doesn’t even go all the six days for the exercises or some workout to gyms. She has been reported to be working out with just trails and cross-trainers, i.e. cardio is most important for her. She likes to do hiking in the hills of Hollywood. Hiking is believed to burn up to 370 calories per hour. It also works all the body parts like legs, knees, ankles, shoulders, arms, neck, hips. Read her full story.
Carey Mulligan Favorite Things
Source – Celebuzz
Carey Mulligan Facts
- Her father is from Liverpool, England while her mother is from Llandeilo in West Wales. Her great-grandfather was from Ireland but emigrated from there.
- She developed her interest in acting when she was six and watched her brother act in a school production The King and I.
- She made her professional acting debut at 19.
- In 2012, Carey became the ambassador of Alzheimer’s Society.
- Carey’s grandmother suffers from Alzheimer and as a result, she now no longer recognizes Carey.
- Her parents moved to Germany when she was three and returned back to UK when eight. All this happened due to her father’s job as a hotel manager.
- She made her Broadway debut in 2008 through Chekhov’s The Seagull.
- To prepare for the role of Daisy Buchanan in the 2013 movie The Great Gatsby, she studied seven biographies of Zelda Fitzgerald and love letters from F. Scott Fitzgerald’s muse Ginevra King.
- She is good friends with Zoe Kazan.
- She learnt driving when she became 23 years old.
- She is not on social media.