Murphy was born on August 11, 1973
Panama City, Florida, USA
Murphy graduated from Choctawhatchee Senior High School in Fort Walton Beach, Florida in 1991. Post that, she also attended University of Virginia while working as a model part-time.
Her both the parents were in Air Force and separated when Carolyn was born.
Carolyn can be contacted through these modeling agencies –
- Dominique Models – Brussels
- Riccardo Gay Model Management
- IMG Models – Paris
- IMG Models – Milan
- IMG Models – New York (Mother Agency)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Carol dated –
- Mark Vanderloo – Dutch model, Mark Vanderloo had a fling with the supermodel in the past.
- Romain Zago – American businessman and night club owner, Romain Zago had a relationship with the model and actress, Carolyn.
- Jake Schroeder (1999-2001) – Murphy started dating businessman, Jake Schroeder when she met him on a vacation in 1999. And soon in October 1999, she married him. But, the marriage didn’t last for very long. The couple separated in 2001 and their divorce was finalized in 2002. She has a daughter, Dylan with Jake.
- Brandon Boyd (2002-2006) – American musician, Brandon Boyd commenced dating this supermodel in 2002. She first met him on the set of his video “Are You In”. The relationship lasted till 2006, i.e. when they separated.
Lean toned legs
34-24-34 in or 86.5-61-86.5 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK)
Carolyn has walked the ramp and advertised for 7 for all Mankind, Angela Cummings, Ann Taylor Loft, Anne Klein, Banana Republic, Bergdorf Goodman, Calvin Klein, Celine, Cento X Cento, Cesare Paciotti, Coach, D&G, DKNY, Dolce & Gabbana, Escada, Estee Lauder Fragrances, Et Vous, Fendi, GAP, Gucci, Harry Winston, Iceberg, Istante, Jantzen, Lagerfeld, Lord & Taylor, MaxMara, Missoni, Prada, Rag & Bone, Richard Tyler, Roberto Cavalli, Tiffany & Co., Tom Ford eyewear, Trussardi, Valentino, Versace, Versus, Vince Camuto, Zara.
She has not stated her religious beliefs publicly.
Best Known For
Modeling and one of the highest earnings models. She has grasped no. 9 in Forbes “Top Earning Models” list in 2012 with an estimated earnings of $3.5 million in a single year.
1999 comedy-drama film, Liberty Heights for her role as Dubbie. She was chosen to act in the film by director-writer-producer, Barry Levinson.
First TV Show
She debuted on television with a fashion show Ready to wear – Autumn / Winter 1997 when she advertised for Byblos, Cerruti 1881, Chanel, Christian Dior, DKNY, Dolce & Gabbana, Fendi, Genny, Gianni Versace, Givenchy, Gucci, Iceberg, Jil Sander, John Galliano, Karl Lagerfeld, Marc Jacobs, Martine Sitbon, Missoni, Moschino, Sonia Rykiel, Trussardi, Valentino, Versus, Yohji Yamamoto.
Carolyn says that happiness is essential with good diet. It will keep the body beautiful and good from inside. She talked to Vogue about all this. In her own words –
“I have been extreme in the past, but I think it’s unrealistic and boring just to eat vegetables all the time. Happiness is the biggest part to being beautiful and feeling good inside, so if you’re taking care of your body you’re obviously going to feel good. I think [it’s best] sticking to fruits that have antioxidants and lean meats and fish.”
She also talked about her fitness secrets and staying fit. She revealed –
“Again, it’s hard to stay consistent. I go through phases where I’m on the treadmill, I’m doing the hiking, the yoga class, then I tailor it to more: ‘What can I do in a hotel room? Or when I drop my daughter off at school?’ It comes down to basics. Recently, it’s been about the mat on the floor, some leg lifts, some squats, but mainly the breathing. I find that deep breathing centers me.”
In a different interview given to Bella Sugar, she stated that Bikram Yoga is what she practices most, whether she is in hotel or house.
Carolyn Favorite Things
- Food – Dark Chocolate, Ice cream
- Music – 1970s folk rock and old-school country
- Album – Bob Dylan’s Blood on the Tracks or Van Morrison’s Moondance
- Her career commenced when she was 16 as she was enrolled into a modeling school.
- She was raised in Northwest Florida mainly, but also in Maryland and England for a short period due to her parents’ divorce.
- She has won the VH1/Vogue’s “Model of the Year” contest in 1998.
- She is considered to resemble the American actress, Gene Eliza Tierney. The resemblance was noticed a photographer in 1998 during a photoshoot for Elle magazine. And, then she was titled “The blonde Gene Tierney” by Elle.
- She has been featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue in 2005.
- She signed an exclusive contract with Estee Lauder in 2001.
- She has hosted the full second season of Project Runway All Stars from 2012 to 2013 by replacing Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.
- She has a tattoo on her thigh.
- Murphy appeared in the 1998 and 1999 Pirelli Calendar.
- She can’t stand at the salons. Her friend, Marcus Francis cuts and colors her hair at home.
- She do not listen to radio, neither she watches television. But, she can’t live without her iPod.
- She has a great interest in rollerblading (inline skating).