Cheryl Ann Tweedy
Chery, Chez, Chezza
Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, England, United Kingdom
When Cheryl was 9, she joined The Royal Ballet summer school to learn dancing.
For her formal education, Cheryl attended Walker Comprehensive School in Newcastle between September 1994 and July 1999, and left at 16 with very less qualifications. During her time there, she was suspended twice: once for fighting with another pupil and again for swearing on a bus. After leaving school in 1999, she took a job as a waitress in a restaurant.
Author, dancer, entrepreneur, model, singer, TV personality
- Father – Garry Tweedy
- Mother – Joan Callaghan
- Siblings – Garry Tweedy (Brother), Andrew Tweedy (Brother), Joseph Callaghan (Brother), Gillian Callaghan (Sister)
Pop, Dance, R&B
Polydor, Fascination Records
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
51 kg or 112.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
- Ashley Cole (2004-2010) – English footballer, Ashley Cole started dating her in 2004. Post which, they announced their engagement in 2005 when he proposed Cheryl in Dubai that year. In the following year, i.e. in 2006, they got married. Their relationship ended in early 2010 when Cheryl Cole filed for divorce because football star cheated on her with 5 other women. Their divorce was confirmed in September 2010.
- Derek Hough (2010) – American dancer, musician, and choreographer Derek Hough dated her from February to May 2010. She also got suffered from Malaria on a trip to Tanzania and Derek remained with her all the time. Despite these things, they called it quits in May 2010.
- Taio Cruz (2011) – Cheryl and British singer Taio Cruz were romantically linked to each other in 2011 and their romance was just a few months old when they separated in December 2011.
- Tre Holloway (2012-2013) – Cheryl started dating Tre Holloway in July 2012. The two stayed happily in love and it was October 2013 when they called it quits.
- Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini (2014-2016) – Cheryl started dating Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini in April 2014 and the two got married the same year in July 2014. Their marriage lasted two years and they officially separated on January 10, 2016.
- Liam Payne (2016-Present) – In 2016, Fernandez-Versini started dating singer Liam Payne and the two are often spotted together in public. Cheryl gave birth to couple’s first child, a son on March 22, 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
- Her perfect figure
34-23-33 in or 86-58.5-84 cm
4 (US) or 8 (UK) or 34 (EU)
3½ (UK) or 6 (US)
In 1990, a young Cheryl did a TV commercial with her brother Garry Tweedy for British Gas.
She has also done commercials for SCS furniture store and Eldon Square Christmas with her brother.
In 2009, Fernandez-Versini was signed as L’Oréal’s new face.
In 2010, she was seen in Reveal magazine‘s commercial.
Best Known For
Her singing career. She has released many studio albums like 3 Words (2009), Messy Little Raindrops (2010), A Million Lights (2012). Although, her first tryst with fame was in 2002 after she won Popstars: The Rivals reality show on ITV network and became a member of Girls Aloud music band.
She is also known for being a judge on The X Factor reality show.
Cheryl’s debut studio album was 3 Words released on October 26, 2009. It consisted of 11 tracks giving it a total length of 43:49 minutes. 3 Words became an instant hit and comprised of three successful singles. One of these Fight for this Love topped the UK charts and became the best seller single of 2009.
It was certified as 3x Platinum in UK, 2x Platinum in Ireland.
2007 film St Trinian’s, is the sixth in a long-running series of films based on the works of cartoonist Ronald Searle. She had a cameo role in this movie as a girl group member.
Besides that, she also appeared in 2012 American romantic comedy movie What to Expect When You’re Expecting as herself. In this movie also, she had a cameo role as TV dance talent show judge.
First TV Show
2002 reality TV show Popstars: The Rivals. She was a contestant in this show and won. As a result, she was awarded a place as a member in the girls group, Girls Aloud.
Bantam Press published Through My Eyes on September 30, 2010. The book is about her journey as a singer, her performances, tours, X-Factor days and award functions.
Cheryl recently hired Tracy Anderson for getting back into shape. Earlier, she took the help from Greg Whyte (before Mount Kilimanjaro trek). Tracy made such a workout routine which assisted Cole to build muscle only in the area where she desired. Tracy told to Grazia magazine.
“Cole wanted thinner thighs, but was worried that the exercises may bulk them up.”
Her workout includes a 1 and a half hours gym sessions and dance aerobics classes. Tracy said that she works on her tiny leg muscles, which in turn involves the big thigh muscles as well. Thus, making the legs look slimmer. After every 10 days, Cheryl’s workout schedule is changed and she does 13 different types of moves with her legs and arms. She does so as she a has small height (5’3″) due to which her weight shows up very easily. Read out more about her exercise regime and diet plan.
Cheryl Cole Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Sunday Roast and chinese food
- Favorite TV Programs – The Hills (2006-2010), The City (2008-), Eastenders (1985-), Coronation Street (1960-), Big Brother (2000-)
- Favorite People – Anyone she can sleep with
- Favorite Movies – All Disney movies, Chicago (2002), Rize (2005), Pretty Woman (2005)
- Favorite Songs – Tik Tok (Kesha), Boom Boom Pow (Black Eyed Peas), New York (Jay-Z and Alicia Keys)
- Favorite Street Shop – River Island
- Favorite Beauty Product – L’oreal Elvive Full Restore 5
- Favorite Hobby – Getting tattooed
Cheryl Cole Facts
- She was voted no. 2 in FHM’s Top 100 Sexiest Women in the world in 2012.
- She is a friend of fashion designer Victoria Beckham, Perrie Edwards and Craig David.
- Cheryl has 2 pets named, Coco and Buster.
- “I absolutely love my tattoos. The girls and I decided that the next time Girls Aloud have a No. 1, we’ll all get one done. I want us to get something that only makes sense if we all stand in line, though”, says Cheryl Cole.
- She has appeared in the list of FHM’s top 100 sexiest women in the world many times. She was ranked no. 2 in 2005, no. 7 in 2008, no. 1 in 2009, no. 2 in 2012.
- She has also judged “The X Factor (UK)” in 2008, 2009, 2010 for season 5, 6, and 7.
- In 2009, she won the Virgin Media Award for being the hottest female.
- In 2012, Cheryl won the Virgin Media Award for “Best Judge”.
- Cheryl and her former husband Ashley Cole signed a £1 million deal with OK! for the rights of their marriage photographs.
- She climbed Mount Kilimanjaro in March 2009 for Comic Relief with her Girls Aloud band members.
- As a baby, she won many modeling titles including Bonniest Baby by Boots Group, Best Looking Girl of Newcastle in Mothercare Happy Faces Portrait competition, The Evening Chronicle’s Little Miss and Mister, and Most Attractive Girl at the MetroCentre.
- She is the first British female to have got five singles at the number one spot on the UK charts. She holds the record with Jess Glynne.
- She was titled by Glamour Magazine as the Best Dressed Woman in 2009 and 2010.
- On her visit to Tanzania, she got infected with Malaria and got hospitalized on July 3, 2010.
- Her wax statue that cost around £150,000 was added to Madame Tussauds London in October 2010.
- She launched her charity in February 2011 with The Prince’s Trust after a meeting with The Trust’s President, HRH Charles, Prince of Wales.
- For raising funds for her charitable trust, she auctioned 20 dresses with ASOS on June 13, 2011.
- A rose tattoo that she got engraved on her lower back in 2015 earned the title of the worst celebrity tattoo.
- In 2016, the singer got a small heart tattoo engraved on her middle finger.
- She launched her fragrance StormFlower on May 7, 2012.
- She opened a second charitable trust on January 23, 2015. In March 2015, she teamed up with Prizeo and conducted a styling session competition.
- She launched a limited edition Belgian Chocolate Bar with bakery chain Greggs in August 2015 and 5p proceeds from each sale are regularly donated to her charitable trust.
- In October 2014, her net worth was valued at £20 million approximately.
- She has been quite open about her liking for making love with various men.
- You can follow Cheryl on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Google+.
- You can also visit her official website @ cherylofficial.com.