Christopher Henry Gayle
Crampy, Gayleforce, Master Storm, Gaylestorm, Da Boss, World Boss, Legend
Rollington Town, Kingston, Jamaica
Chris Gayle attended the Excelsior High School in Jamaica.
He was enrolled at the Lucas Cricket Club, which helped him hone his skills with bat and become one of the best hitters in the modern cricket.
Professional Cricket Player
- Father – Dudley Gayle (Former Policeman)
- Mother – She used to sell peanuts and snacks.
- Siblings – Vanclive Parris (Brother). He has five siblings.
Chris Gayle is represented by Simon Auteri.
Right arm off spin
Opening Batsman and all-rounder
45 – Kolkata Knight Riders, West Indies National team
333 – Royal Challengers Bangalore, Melbourne Renegades, Somerset, Lahore Qalandars, Karachi Kings
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
99 kg or 218 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chris Gayle has dated –
- Nacy Benoit – Chris Gayle was married to the Jamaican beauty Nacy Benoit, however, their marriage fell apart with time and as of 2016, he was with Natasha Berridge.
- Natasha Berridge – They were together back in 2005 as Natasha accompanied Gayle at the ICC awards event. They eventually separated and Gayle married Nacy. In April 2016, Natasha gave birth to a daughter, whom Gayle has named Blush.
- Sherlyn Chopra (2010) – Chris Gayle was RUMORed to have had a fling with Indian model Sherlyn Chopra in 2010 during IPL tournament. They were reported to have indulged in some steamy and dirty dancing in a late night party in Kolkata.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Jamaican origin.
- Cornrow hairstyle
- Tall imposing body
- Numerous tattoos
- Languid batting style
- Cool and calm demeanor
Chris Gayle’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 46 in or 117 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
Chris Gayle has been associated with the cricket goods manufacturer, Spartan from a long time. The brand, which is featured on the sticker of his bat, created a gold bat for the burly opener for the 2015 BBL season.
Gayle has also done endorsement work for Wham mobiles, Indian real estate firm Agrani Homes, McDowell’s and Skore Condoms.
In 2013, he also starred alongside Priyanka Chopra in a Pepsi advert for the IPL tournament.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- His destructive and flamboyant batting style.
- Being one of the finest T20 batsmen.
First Cricket Match
Chris Gayle played his first international test match against Zimbabwe at Port of Spain on March 16, 2000. He bagged a first-ball duck in the second innings.
Chris Gayle’s first one-day international match was against India in Toronto on September 11, 1999. West Indies lost by eight wickets.
On February 16, 2006, Chris Gayle made his Twenty Twenty debut against New Zealand at Eden Garden, Auckland.
Chris Gayle was first seen in the documentary film Death of a Gentleman in 2015.
First TV Show
Chris Gayle’s first work in TV series was in animated series Family Guy in 2014 where he gave his voice to a character.
His first TV show appearance was in Indian comedy show The Kapil Sharma Show as himself in 2016.
Despite being labeled as a lazy and party animal, Chris Gayle does play special attention on his fitness regime. When he is not playing a cricket match, he has a habit of hitting the gym at 9 in the morning for a 40-minute workout.
These workout sessions are geared towards strength training and core strengthening, both aspects are crucial for his tremendous boundary clearing prowess. However, he doesn’t include cardio in his gym exercises and gets it done on the dance floor.
Chris Gayle Favorite Things
- Food – Ackee and Saltfish
- Soccer Player – Cristiano Ronaldo
Source – Crictracker, Sports Keeda
Chris Gayle Facts
- On February 24, 2015, he became the first player to hit a double century in a World Cup after scoring 215 runs against Zimbabwe in group stage match.
- Chris Gayle holds the record for being the first player to score a century in an international T20 match, which he achieved on September 11, 2007 against South Africa.
- On June 19, 2009, in a World Cup semi-final match against Sri Lanka, he became the first international player to remain not out from the start to the end of an inning in T20 cricket.
- He holds the distinction of being the only player to score all three – a triple century in tests, a double century in one-day internationals and a century in Twenty20 internationals.
- In 2005, he along with his national teammates was involved in an open dispute with the West Indies Cricket Board over personal sponsorship contracts.
- In January 2016, he was slapped with A$10,000 by his BBL team for making flirty comments in an interview with Network Ten commentator Mel McLaughlin on live TV.
- By scoring an unbeaten hundred against England in March 2016, Chris Gayle became the second player after Brendon McCullum to score two international Twenty20 centuries.
- He has established The Chris Gayle Academies in Jamaica and London with an aim to give better opportunities to the young people through cricket.
- In acknowledgment of his tremendous achievements in T20, he was declared the first franchise player in the Caribbean Premier League.
- In a test match against Bangladesh in 2012, he became the first player in the history of test cricket to hit a six off the first ball of the innings.
- In January 2016, he was accused by former female West Indies cricket team staff member of exposing his genitals in the dressing room during 2015 World Cup.
- You can follow Chris Gayle on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.