Christopher Anthony John Martin
Exeter, Devon, England
Chris went to pre-preparatory Hylton School and then preparatory Exeter Cathedral School. He formed his first band, while in this school.
Post that, in 1990, he went to boys’ independent school Sherborne School in Dorset. He attended that school until 1995 with Phil Harvey. He formed his second band called “Bunga” while in this school.
Subsequently, he went to University College London to earn a first-class honours degree in Latin and Greek. He also met his all the three future Coldplay bandmates here in this university.
Singer-songwriter, record producer, musician, multi-instrumentalist
- Father – Anthony Martin (Retired Accountant)
- Mother – Alison Martin (Music Teacher)
- Siblings – He has 4 younger siblings.
- Others – William Willett (Builder and inventor) (Great-Great-Grandfather)
Phil Harvey is the Coldplay’s (Chris Martin’s band) manager.
Alternative rock, post-Britpop
Vocals, bass guitar, guitar, clarinet, piano, keyboards, harmonica, mandolin, glockenspiel, organ, percussion, trumpet
Parlophone, Capitol, Atlantic Records
6 ft 1¼ in or 186 cm
86 kg or 190 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chris Martin dated –
- Natalie Imbruglia – In 2000, Chris dated Australian singer, Natalie Imbruglia for couple of months.
- Gwyneth Paltrow (2002-2014) – In October 2002, American actress Gwyneth Paltrow met Chris Martin during one of his concerts. They married on 5 December, 2003 during a ceremony in a hotel in Southern California. Now, the couple have 2 children – daughter Apple Blythe Alison Martin (b. 2004) and son Moses Bruce Anthony Martin (b. 2006). They separated in March 2005 about which Gwyneth announced on March 25, 2014.
- Kate Bosworth (2009) – In October 2009, American actress Kate Bosworth and Chris were RUMORed to have hooked up in Vegas at a U2 show.
- Alexa Chung (2014) – TV presenter and talk show host, Alexa Chung and Martin were RUMORed to had fling with each other in May 2014 when they both enjoyed their company in the trendy New York bar Elsa.
- Jennifer Lawrence (2014-2015) – From June to June 2015, American actress Jennifer Lawrence and Martin dated each other.
- Kylie Minogue (2015) – In June 2015, Chris was found walking arm in arm with Australian singer, Kylie Minogue. After Minogue performed at British Summer Time festival in the evening, she was spotted walking with Martin late night. This encounter was a RUMOR.
- Annabelle Wallis (2015-Present) – Since August 2015, Martin is dating English actress, Annabelle Wallis.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall frame
- Blue eyes with blonde hair
Chris Martin’s probably body specifications are –
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
He is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 10.
Best Known For
Being a lead vocalist of the rock band Coldplay formed in 1996 by Chris Martin himself and lead guitarist Jonny Buckland when they both were at University College London (UCL).
Coldplay is a 4-member band with lead vocalist Chris Martin, lead guitarist Jonny Buckland, bassist Guy Berryman, and drummer Will Champion, who also serves as a backing vocalist, and multi-instrumentalist. The band’s manager, Phil Harvey is sometimes considered as the unofficial fifth member of the band.
He is the founding member of the Coldplay band and they released their debut album Parachutes on July 10, 2000 in UK via Parlophone. The album went 8x Platinum in Britain and 2x Platinum in America. It had a total sales of 8,500,000 copies in the world.
The album charted at #1 in UK, #2 in Australia and Ireland, #4 in New Zealand, #19 in Canada, #51 in USA and likewise.
In 2004, Chris Martin had a cameo role in the horror comedy film Shaun of the Dead as himself along with another Coldplay band member, Jonny Buckland.
First TV Show
In 2006, Chris guest appeared in the sitcom Extras as himself in an episode 4 of season 2 titled “Chris Martin.”
On the recommendation of Jay-Z, he hired a personal trainer for £110 an hour session and recently showed his buffed biceps.
He hits the gym for two hours. In 2013, he was photographed while coming out of the gym completing an intense workout.
Now, he eats meat too. In the past, he was named one among the world’s sexiest vegetarians by PETA. But, after splitting from Gwyneth Paltrow, he started eating meat too. His daughter “Apple” is a vegetarian since her birth.
Chris Martin Favorite Things
- Song – Bittersweet Symphony (By The Verve)
Source – DigitalSpy
Chris Martin Facts
- Chris is the eldest of 5 children in his family.
- Chris formed his first band “The Rocking Honkies” when at preparatory Exeter Cathedral School. His performance was not liked by the audience.
- He met Phil Harvey, the future Coldplay manager in 1990 when both were studying in Sherborne School.
- Martin again tried to form a new band with 4 other members. This time it was called “Bunga” and it lasted for two years. At that time, Martin was in Sherborne School.
- Chris cites Scottish rock band Travis as his musical influence.
- William Willett was the tireless promoter of British Summer Time and made daylight saving time a recognized practice. He was Martin’s great-great-grandfather.
- Chris gets his song ideas most frequently at night.
- He is an insomniac.
- Simon Pegg is the godfather to his daughter Apple Martin and Chris is the godfather to Simon Pegg’s daughter.
- He didn’t lose his virginity until he was 22 due to some religious issues. As per OK magazine, S*x was also a reason that Martin chose to become a rock star.
- He wrote the song “Moses” and “Fix You” for ex-wife Gwyneth Paltrow.
- Jon Bon Jovi and Chris Martin were born on the same date – March 2.
- In 1996, Coldplay band was initially named “Pectoralz” and then it was renamed to “Starfish”, and finally to “Coldplay” in 1998.
- Visit his band’s official website @ www.coldplay.com.
- He himself is not on social media. But, you can connect with Coldplay on Twitter.