Christopher Michael Pratt
Virginia, Minnesota, United States
Hollywood Hills area, Los Angeles, California, United States
Chris studied at the Lake Steven High School, Lake Stevens, Washington, from where he completed his graduation in 1997.
He, then went to a local community college. But, dropped out in the middle of first semester.
- Father – Daniel C. ‘Dan’ Pratt (Worked in mining and remodeled houses, passed away in 2014)
- Mother – Kathleen Louise ‘Kathy’ (née Indahl; Worked at Safeway supermarket)
- Siblings – Cully Pratt (Older Brother), Angie Pratt (Older Sister), and four nephews Josh, Trevor, Tristan, and Logan.
Chris is signed with –
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
101 kg or 223 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chris Pratt dated –
- Emily VanCamp (2004 – 2006) – Chris met Emily on the sets of the American TV series and dated for a period of two years before they split in 2006. The couple was considered to be an odd one as both of them played on-screen brother and sister in the series. They tried to hide their relationship from the cast and crew to avoid any unnecessary controversies.
- Anna Faris (2007 – Present) – Chris and actress Anna Faris first met on the sets of the movie Take Me Home Tonight in 2007. The couple got engaged in 2009 and they tied the knot in a luxurious wedding destination in Bali on July 9, 2009. The couple has a son named Jack (born on August 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
Pratt has English, German, Swiss-German, French Canadian and Norwegian ancestry.
- Friendly personality and fun to be around nature
- Has habit of saying ‘dude’ all the time whether in reel or real life
- His height
Chris’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 46 in or 117 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
13 (US) or 12.5 (UK) or 46 (EU)
Chris Pratt has signed no endorsement deals till now.
Best Known For
He started his career in films with supporting roles in movies including Wanted (2008), Moneyball (2011), Zero Dark Thirty (2012), Delivery Man (2013), and Her (2013).
He has played the lead role in some major blockbusters including Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), in which he played Peter Quill / Star Lord and, Jurassic World (2015). He has also lent his voice to the character of Emmet Brickowski in The Lego Movie (2014).
He made his foray into films with director Rae Dawn Chong’s horror movie Cursed Part 3 (2000) that was shot in Los Angeles. It was a short film.
First TV Show
His debut in the television industry was in 2001 as Nick Owens in USA Network’s The Huntress in an episode titled “Who Are You?”
He, then appeared as Harold Brighton ‘Bright’ Abbott in the WB series Everwood from 2002 to 2006.
Pratt gained popularity for his work in television series as Che Cook in The O.C. (2006 – 2007), and Andy Dwyer in the famous NBC series Parks and Recreation (2009 – 2015).
Chris has undergone a major transformation and used to weigh almost 300 lbs at one point of time. He was depressed beyond words, felt impotent and tired, all the time. He worked out rigorously with the help of a personal trainer and nutritionist to lose all the extra pounds for his 2014 film Guardians of the Galaxy and Jurassic World (2015).
He lost over 60 lbs in 2014 with the help of the Paleo low-carb diet and CrossFit exercises. Chris ate a protein-rich diet including fish, chicken and natural fat products like avocado, fresh fruits and non-starchy vegetables. To avoid dehydration, Chris also drank a lot of water every day. He also did swimming, running, boxing and P90X.
Chris Pratt Favorite Things
- Activities – Fishing and Hunting
- Sport – Football
- Singer – Dr Dre, Eminem
- Football Team – Seattle Seahawks
- Book – Chris loved Where the Red Fern Grows (By Wilson Rawls) when he was a kid
- Comic Hero – Peter Quill / Star-Lord
- Movie – Jurassic Park
Sources – IMDb, US Magazine, Canada Hello
Chris Pratt Facts
- Before becoming an actor, Chris used to work at Bubba Gumps Restaurant in Hawaii, where he met director Rae Dawn Chong.
- He has worked for three consecutive years in Oscar-nominated movies – Moneyball (2011), Zero Dark Thirty (2012) and Her (2013).
- Chris learned German while in school and is fluent in the language.
- He has stripped at a club in Hawaii in his teenage days when he lived in a van.
- Chris is good friends with Aubrey Plaza.
- He won the CinemaCon Award for Breakthrough Performer for Guardians of the Galaxy in March 2014.
- Chris won the Guy of the Year Award at the Spike TV’s Guys Choice Awards that were held at Sony Studios, Culver City on June 6, 2015.
- Chris lost a record 60 pounds for the role of Peter Quill / Star Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy.
- In 2014, Pratt got the second place on the Sexiest Men Alive list by People’s Magazine.
- You can follow him on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.