Christie Lee Hudson
Monroe, Michigan, U.S.
Christie went to Paul Revere Junior High School.
From grades 9 to 12, she attended Le Lycée Français de Los Angeles in Los Angeles, California. She graduated in 1973.
Post that, she studied art from Paris, France.
Model, actress, fashion designer
- Father – Herbert Hudson
- Mother – Marjorie (née Bowling)
- Siblings – Gregory Donald Brinkley (Brother)
As an actress, she is signed with Artist Brand Alliance.
As a model, she was signed with modeling agencies –
- IMG Models – New York
- IMG Models – Paris
- IMG Models – Milano
- IMG Models – London
- IMG Models – Sydney
- Cathy Quinn Models
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
64 kg or 141 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Christie Brinkley dated –
- Colin Buchanan – Scottish actor Colin Buchanan had fling with Christie in the past.
- Jean-Francois Allaux (1973-1981) – French artist, Jean-François Allaux started dating Christie in 1973. The couple married in the same year and remained an item for next 7 years. The marriage finally ended in 1980 when the couple split and their divorce was finalised in 1981 without any children.
- Mike Reinhardt (1980) – Photographer Mike Reinhardt and Christie dated briefly in 1980.
- Olivier Chandon De Brailles (1982-1983) – In 1982, French car race driver, Olivier Chandon De Brailles and Christie started dating each other and even got engaged. They met for the first time during that year at a nightclub named Studio 54 in New York City during a party for the promotion of a calendar. Olivier is the heir to Moët-Chandon Champagne fortune. But, the relationship ended suddenly when Olivier died on March 2, 1983 during a car racing accident.
- Billy Joel (1983-1994) – Pianist, singer-songwriter, and composer Billy Joel started dating Christie when the two of these met at St. Barts islands in April 1983. The duo got married on March 23, 1985. This was the 2nd marriage for both. This marriage also saw an end in 1994 after 9 long years. The couple have a daughter named, Alexa Ray Joel from this relationship who is a singer-songwriter.
- Richard Taubman (1994-1995) – Businessman (real estate developer) Richard Taubman started dating Brinkley in 1994 after meeting via a mutual friend. In May 1994 (when she was still married to Billy Joel), Richard proposed Christie. The couple got married on December 22, 1994, in Telluride, Colorado. This marriage didn’t last long and they broke up in 1995. She has one child, son Jack Paris Taubman from this relationship.
- Peter Cook (1996-2008) – Next, Christie started dating architect Peter Halsey Cook in 1996. They had already met before in 1979, but they didn’t start dating until they were reintroduced in 1996. In August 1996, the couple announced their engagement. On September 21, 1996, the couple got married in Bridgehampton, New York. Former spouse of Christie, Billy Joel was also present at their wedding. The marriage ended and they were divorced on October 3, 2008. It was supposed that Peter slept with his 18 year old office assistant, Diana Bianchi. Through this relationship too, she has a child, daughter Sailor Brinkley Cook.
- Paul McCartney (2007) – English singer, Paul McCartney was RUMORed to had fling with Christie in August 2007. He is about 12 years her senior.
- John Mellencamp (2015-Present) – Musician, singer, painter and actor, John Mellencamp started dating Christie in September 2015. They are still together. They are also ready to wed each other. This would be Christie’s 5th marriage and John’s 4th. When she married Peter Cook, Christie confidently said to Red Book that it would be the last marriage for both of them.
Race / Ethnicity
Christie has English, German, Irish, and Scottish ancestry.
- Megawatt smile
- Natural California beach girl looks
- Deep sultry voice
37-25-35 in or 94-63.5-89 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
As a model, she has advertised for tons of fashion and non-fashion brands which includes CoverGirl, Helena Rubinstein, Barneys, and Spiegel.
Brinkley has also appeared in commercials for Nissan, ADCO Total Gym (1997), Little Tikes (voiceover), Prell Shampoo, CoverGirl makeup, Infiniti QX60 etc.
Apart from that, she was also seen in print ads for Got Milk? (1995), CoverGirl Luminesse Nail color and other campaigns, Canadian whiskey, Sag Harbor clothing line (2007), Houbigant’s Chantilly fragrance, ACT dental mouthwash (2009), etc.
She has also served as the spokesperson for Total Gym.
Her religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Being the face of CoverGirl for continuous 25 years. In the history, it was the longest running cosmetics contract of any model.
As an actress, she first appeared in 1983 adventure comedy film National Lampoon’s Vacation for her role as ‘The Girl in the Ferrari.’
First TV Show
As an actress, Christie first appeared in dramedy Ugly Betty for her role as Penelope Graybridge in 2009 in just 1 episode entitled “The Bahamas Triangle.”
She does 100 push-ups daily to remain fit. The beauty spends more time on yoga than cardio and strength training exercises.
She is a vegetarian since her early teen years. See her complete workout routine and diet plan.
Christie Brinkley Favorite Things
- Dish – Brown rice with lentils
- Lip Gloss – Sweet Dreams by Nars
Source – Harper’s Bazaar, Into The Gloss
Christie Brinkley Facts
- Christie gained recognition when she landed 3 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue covers from late 1970s to 1981.
- Besides modeling (where she was highly successful), she has tried her luck as an actress, TV personality, fashion designer, photographer, writer, illustrator, and activist.
- Christie was born in Monroe (in Michigan), but has also lived in Canoga Park (in Los Angeles). Also, she lived in Malibu, and Brentwood.
- When she was studying art in Paris, she was discovered in 1973 in a post office by an American photographer Errol Sawyer.
- She wholeheartedly supports PETA, animal rights organization and is a vegetarian since the age of 13. Her complete family is vegetarian.
- In 1983, she released her book entitled “Christie Brinkley’s Outdoor Beauty and Fitness Book.”
- Christie is a fan of New York Islanders ice hockey team.
- When she started out in modeling industry, her hair were really thick and she used to find difficulty in wrapping a rubber band. But, after each pregnancy, her hair became thinner and now everything works fine as she use bunch of haircare products including Fekkai Salon Technician Color Care.
- Visit her official website @ www.christiebrinkley.com.
- Connect with Christie on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.