Jacoba Francisca Maria Smulders
Cobie Smulders is currently 31 according to her birth date April 3, 1982
Vancouver, British Columbia,Canada
Los Angeles, California, USA
Cobie attended Lord Byng Secondary School, Vancouver, British Columbia and completed her education with honors distinction in 2000.
Actress and former model
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
64 kg or 141 pounds
Taran Killam (American actor, comedian and TV series How I Met Your Mother co-star) is the one with whom Smulders dated back in 2007. The couple engaged in January, 2009. On May 14, 2009, the couple have a daughter named – Shaelyn Cado Killam.
Taran Killam and Cobie Smulders married on September 8, 2012 in Solvang, California, USA. They have 1 daughter also.
32-23-33 in or 81-58.5-84 cm
Cobie has not been endorsed by any major brands.
Cobie is of Dutch-British descent and may worship Jewish religion
Best Known For
Her role as Robin Scherbatsky on the TV series How I Met Your Mother and Maria Hill in The Avengers.
2004 film Walking Tall for her role as “Eye Candy”. But, she is best known for starring in The Avengers as Maria Hill in 2012.
First TV Show
Cobie did appear in a comedy TV series Special Unit 2 in 2002 in season 2, episode 1- “The Wish”.
However she is best known as Robin Scherbatsky for starring in How I Met Your Mother, which is broadcasted on TV from 2005.
Cobie Smulders had the most challenging role in The Avengers as she is more comfortable with comedy rather than action roles. She had a trainer for her role in The Avengers, who prepared her physically, like how to hold the gun, how to fit in that role. She did daily 30 minute push ups, followed by boxing but only 3 times a week. Finally, a trainer used to visit her house just 1 or 2 times a week.
Cobie Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Macaroni, Chess, Sushi. She said she could list 30 things.
- Favorite TV Programs - Flight of the Conchords (2007), Friday Night Lights (2006)
- Favorite Movies – Milk (2008), The Princess Bride (1987)
- Favorite Travel Destination – Anywhere, she can scuba dive
- Favorite Gift so far – Engagement Ring from Taran Killam
- She got her nickname “Cobie” from her great-aunt Jacoba.
- Cobie Smulders hated modeling.
- If she was not an actress, she would be in the field of medicine and marine biology.
- Cobie was voted no. 65 in Maxim’s Hot 100 list of Women in 2012.
- As a model, she has worked in Africa, Japan, Greece, Germany, France, America, Italy and others.
- Cobie Smulders is a certified scuba diver.
- She has participated in various sports like swimming, rugby, tennis when in school.
- She can speak fluent French.
- She was voted “Most Respected” by her classmates in high school.
- Her father is Dutch and her mother is English.
- She has 7 siblings – 4 sisters, Julie, Fiona, Amy and Melissa and 3 brothers – Adam, Mark and Scott.
- Cobie appeared at no. 59 in Askmen’s Top 99 Most Desirable Women of 2012.