David Ferrer Ern
Xabia, Alicante, Spain
David went to Juan Carlos Ferrero’s Academy named, Equelite for 9 months.
During his stay at the academy, he wasn’t selected as a player who should have been sponsored by the Spanish Federation, instead the federation chose to sponsor Tommy Robredo.
Professional tennis player
Grand Slam Results
- US Open – Semi-finals (2007, 2012)
- Wimbledon – Quarter-finals (2012, 2013)
- Australian Open – Semi-finals (2011, 2013)
- French Open – Finals (2013)
- Father – Jamier Ferrer Sapena
- Mother – Pilar Ern Cholbi
- Siblings – Javier Ferrer Ern (Brother)
Ferrer is signed with IMG (Sports Management Company), Barcelona, Spain
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
161 lbs or 73 kg
David Ferrer dated –
- Camille Pin (2006 – 2007) – David was in a relationship with the French female tennis player, Camille Pin for about a year from 2006 to 2007.
- Svetlana Kuznetsova (2007) – Ferrer was in a short lived relationship with the well known Russian female tennis player, Svetlana Kuznetsova in 2007.
- Marta Tornel (2008 – Present) – David was introduced to Marta Tornel by his past trainer, Javier Piles and his wife in 2008. The Spaniard is still dating the beautiful Marta, who works at her family’s opticians and owns a degree in optometry. He has also stated that he sees Marta Tornel as his future wife.
Race / Ethnicity
- Great athlete
- Soft hair
- Probably the best return shot
- Calm and disciplined
- Very competitive
- Humble and shy person
Ferrer’s body specifications like chest, arms and waist sizes are not known.
9.5 (US) or 9 (UK) or 43 (EU)
David has signed endorsement contracts with Samsung, Lotto and Bovet Watches.
David’s religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
David Ferrer is best known for being the three times champion of Davis Cup with the national tennis team of Spain (2008, 2009, 2011).
Along with Rafael Nadal, David is considered to be one of the best Spanish tennis players who has played during the last decade.
David hasn’t appeared in a movie yet.
During his career, Ferrer had been coached by three trainers, starting from Javier Piles (2000 – 2013), Jose Francisco Altur (2014) and Paco Fogues (2014 – Present).
You can check how David prepares for his matches through this video –
You may also want to check what David has to say about the importance of the fitness when it comes to its relation to tennis –
David Ferrer Favorite Things
- Novelists – Arturo Pérez-Reverte, Ildefonso Falcones
- Book – La Reina del Sur (Queen of the South) by Perez-Reverte
Source – Wikipedia
David Ferrer Facts
- At the age of 13, David relocated to Gandia and after two years he moved to Barcelona.
- He is a huge supporter of the well known football club, Barcelona.
- He loves to play basketball.
- Ferrer won his first career Challenger title in Sopot.
- Roger Federer considers David as the best returner from all men’s tennis players. At the same time, Darren Cahill also believes that Ferrer and Novak Djokovic are the best returners who have ever played men’s tennis.
- Ferrer keeps each and every book, he reads.
- When David was a teenager, his trainer Javier Piles had put him in a cabinet (2m x 2m) for couple of hours because he wasn’t practicing hard enough. He was giving David little water and only a piece of bread. After the incident, Ferrer went on to work on a construction site and was about to completely leave tennis. However, after a week, he returned back to Javier and asked him if he can continue to play tennis at his club.
- He is not a great net player.
- Follow Ferrer on his Twitter.