Sidney Royel Selby III
Desiigner, Designer Royel, Dezolo
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
- Father – Sidney Selby II
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Two sisters and an older brother.
- Others – Sidney Selby (Grandfather) (Jazz Musician)
Desiigner is represented by Richard De La Font Agency, Inc.
GOOD Music, Def Jam Recordings
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
92 kg or 203 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Desiigner has dated –
- Lil’ Kim (2016) – After the on-stage performance of rappers Lil’ Kim and Desiigner at the BET awards in June 2016 and loved up posts uploaded after the event, it seemed that Desiigner was in a relationship with curvaceous beauty. In the uploaded Instagram snaps, the duo seemed very cozy as they cuddled.
Race / Ethnicity
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
Desiigner was featured in the TV commercial for Adidas AlphaBounce alongside Dak Prescott.
He has also starred in a two-minute long advert for the Champs Sports, which also features his Outlet track.
He has also starred alongside model Andreea Diaconu in a promotional video for the famous Vogue magazine.
His religious views are not known.
Best Known For
- His debut single Panda, which managed to reach on #1 on the US Billboard Hot 100.
- Being Kanye West’s protégée.
Desiigner released his debut single, Panda in 2015.
His debut studio album, The Life of Desiigner was released thereafter.
Desiigner has not yet starred in any film.
First TV Show
Desiigner first appeared on the TV series as a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert in 2016.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Desiigner Favorite Things
- Movie – The Fast and the Furious (2001)
Source – High Snobiety
- He got his name as a suggestion from his brother-in-law, who had asked him to design his name, leading to him using Designer Royel. His sister asked him to drop Royel and add another ‘I’ in his name.
- He honed his singing skills by performing in the school choir and at a church.
- The idea for his debut single, Panda came from listening to the beat on YouTube while playing GTA game with his friends. He purchased that beat for $200 before turning it into his own work.
- He came up with a Panda song within two days. However, he initially didn’t plan on working on the single and wanted to give kook to more established rapper but his manager convinced him otherwise.
- In September 2016, the police authorities stopped his SUV in New York City after a caller to 911 alleged that the rapper had pulled a gun on him during the altercation.
- The NYPD officers found guns and oxycodone in his vehicle while responding to 911 call. He and his four companions received weapon and drug charges.
- In June 2016, the XXL magazine included him along with 9 other budding rappers in their Freshman Class for 2016 feature.
- In February 2016, he was signed up by Kanye West to his label GOOD Music, which is signed to the Def Jam Recordings.
- Four months before the release of his debut single, he was in talks with the Cash Money Records. However, he opted to go with Kanye West’s record as he felt he could learn a lot from him.
- Visit his official website @ lifeofdesiigner.com.
- Follow Desiigner on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, and YouTube.