Devon Edwenna Aoki
New York City, New York, United States
Devon Aoki got her high school education from The American School in London.
- Father – Hiroaki Aoki (Actor)
- Mother – Pamela Hilburger (Painter and Jewelry Designer)
- Siblings – Steve Aoki (Older Half-Brother) (DJ and Record Producer), Kana Grace Nootenboom (Half-Sister), Kyle N. Aoki (Half-Brother), Jenifer Crumb (Half-Sister), Kevin Aoki (Half-Brother), Echo V. Aoki (Half-Sister)
- Others – Yunosuke Aoki (Paternal Grandfather), Katsu Aoki (Paternal Grandmother), Edwin K. Hilburger (Maternal Grandfather), Rosa Doris Mumford (Maternal Grandmother)
Devon Aoki is represented by
- MGMT Entertainment
- D’ Management Group – Milan
- Select Model Management – London
- Elite Model Management – Stockholm
- Elite Model Management – Amsterdam
- Elite Model Management – Paris
- One Management – New York
- TFM World – Oslo
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Devon Aoki has dated –
- Rick Salomon – According to reports, Devon had an affair with famous fashion photographer, Rick Salmon, who is also known for being quite a womanizer.
- Lenny Kravitz (2001) – The eighteen-year-old Devon was in a relationship with Bahamian American singer and actor Lenny Kravitz in 2001. Lenny dumped her in the same year as he had eyes on another model, Adriana Lima.
- Damon Dash (2002) – Devon Aoki dated music producer and actor Damon Dash. Some sources reported that they started dating after having grown close on the sets of the comedy movie, Death of the Dynasty (2003). Whereas some reports cite that they had been going out before the movie.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (2010) – In June 2010, Devon was RUMORed to have hooked up with actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt after they were pictured making out at the Bing party held at Boa Steakhouse restaurant in West Hollywood. According to onlookers, they were very open about their new relationship status.
- James Hunter (2011-Present) – In January 2011, Devon had got engaged with financier James Hunter. Her rep also revealed that she was pregnant. In June 2011, Devon gave birth to a son, Hunter. In February 2013, they welcomed a baby girl to their family. In 2015, it was reported that they were trying for another child and had got married. However, both claims haven’t been confirmed.
Race / Ethnicity
Devon is of Japanese descent on father’s side, whereas, has English and German ancestry on mother’s side.
33-23-34 in or 84-58.5-86 cm
0 (US) or 32 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU) or 5 (UK)
Devon Aoki has starred in a TV advert for the Japanese fruit drink company.
She has also been featured in print campaign for beauty products from Lancome Paris.
The other brand she has done promotion work for include Alessandro Dell’Acqua, Atsuro Tayama, Baby Phat, Banila B, Boss by Hugo Boss, Chanel, Click Blesk Krasota, Denim, eLuxury.com, EmperorMoth, Helena Rubinstein, Junko Shimada, Kathleen Madden, Kesho, Wakusei, L’Oreal Professional, Max Factor, Momono Tennensui, Moschino, OZOC, Promaster, Ra-Re, Scanlan & Theodore, Spring Court, Tiffany & Co., Ungaro Fever, Versace, Yohji Yamamoto, Yves Saint Laurent, etc.
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most high profile fashion models.
- Having appeared in 2003 action movie, 2 Fast 2 Furious.
First Fashion Week
Devon debuted with Ready to Wear – Autumn / Winter 1997 Fashion Week where she walked for Bella Freud.
Devon debuted with 2003 comedy film Death of a Dynasty in the role of Picasso.
First TV Show
In 2007, Devon was seen in the talk show Up Close with Carrie Keagan as herself in just 1 episode.
Devon Aoki makes sure that she is hitting the gym on regular basis. Her workout sessions last about 1 hour.
In case, she doesn’t have the time or inclination to hit the gym, she heads out to Central Park for running sessions. She also likes to cycle in the Central park.
Devon Aoki Favorite Things
- Wardrobe Piece – Maroon Azzedine Alaïa Gown
- Beauty Products – Bobbi Brown foundation and Tubes by Lancome
Source – Refinery29
Devon Aoki Facts
- Devon Aoki was originally discovered at a concert in New York City by a scout from the American fashion magazine.
- The British model Kate Moss saw her in the magazine and alerted her agent Sarah Doukas. Sarah signed her up for her Storm Agency. At that time, she was 14 years old.
- When she was 16 years old, the fashion legend Karl Lagerfeld found in her his new muse and made her the face of Versace in place of British model Naomi Campbell.
- Despite being an A-level student in high school, she decided against joining the university as she believed that traveling and working gave her broader and more in-depth knowledge than any college degree.
- Connect with Devon on Instagram.