D, Geet, Dr. Muskaan
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Drashti completed her schooling from Mary Immaculate Girl’s High School, Borivili (West). Dhami later did a degree in sociology from Mithibai College in Vile Parle, Mumbai.
Model, TV actress
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Jaisheel Dhami (Older Brother)
- Others – Suhasi Goradia Dhami (Sister-in-law) (TV Actress), Karan V Grover (Cousin) (TV Actor)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dhami started dating Neeraj Khemka, NRI businessman in the past. They married on February 21, 2015.
She is of Gujarati descent.
Charming, vivacious, loud nature.
34-24-35 in or 87-61-89 cm
She may be wearing a shoe of size 6.
As a model, she has done many TV commercials like Chevrolet, Reliance Mobile, Colgate (toothpaste) with Saif Ali Khan, Lion Honey, Pulimoottil SILKS, Vasan Eye care, RKS Grand (Shopping Mall), Amul, VIP Bags and jewellery.
Apart from all these, she has also been made the ambassador for Canvironment Week 2011, which is an initiative started by Hindustan Tin Works Ltd to support the noble cause of “Save Our Planet”.
Best Known For
Appearing in Colors TV channel’s Madhubala – Ek Ishq Ek Junoon TV show.
Dhami has also done shows like STAR One’s Geet – Hui Sabse Parayi, and Dill Mill Gayye.
First Song Appearance
Drashti has done modelling before, and due to that she was cast in many music videos for Hindi, Punjabi songs. The first one of them being the music video of “Saiyan Dil Mein Aana Re” by Harry Anand.
Drashti has also been featured in “Nachle Soniye Tu”, a Punjabi music video and also the remix version of “Humko Aaj Kal Hai Intezar”.
She has not done any of the films yet.
First TV Show
Drashti debuted on television with the TV show Dill Mill Gayye for her role as Dr. Muskaan Chadda. This is an Indian soap medical drama TV series that aired on STAR One . She appeared in this show from 2007 to 2009.
This is what the cute Drashti Dhami told in an interview to Hindustan Times regarding her fitness regime –
“I hardly ever work out. I keep thinking of exercising, but I hardly get the time. I do keep a check on my diet, and avoid oily and fatty food. I’m also blessed with good genes. My mother, who is 58, is still very slim.”
She told to a magazine on the worst and best part of being a TV actress –
“The best part is having to look good everyday, but the worst part is that I have to, everyday. It’s an effort, especially on days when you’re low on energy and just want to be in your pyjamas. I need to doll up when I’m shooting for a wedding scene. Along with heavy make-up, wearing wigs is also a pain. For the scene where Balraj was shot, we shot in the sun for over a week, and that was tough.”
Drashti Dhami Favourite Things
- Ice Cream – Baskin Robbins’s Mint Choco-chip
- Color – White
- Actor – Karan Singh Grover
Drashti Dhami Facts
- She was born in Mumbai to a Gujarati family.
- In 2012, she was ranked 12th in Eastern Eye “World’s Sexiest Asian Woman”.
- She likes the smell of mud, when it rains.
- She is the winner of reality TV show, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa season 6. She was paired with Salman Yusuff Khan in 2013.
- In 2012, she won a Golden Petal Award in the category “Most Lokpriya Naya Sadasya (Female)” for her wok in TV soap “Madhubala – Ek Ishq Ek Junoon“.
- Also, in 2013, Drashti Dhami received an Indian Telly Award in the category “Best Jodi with Vivian Dsena” for her work in the show “Madhubala – Ek Ishq Ek Junoon”.
- Dhami has appeared multiple times on radio also in the year 2011. With RJ Vikrant from Radio Mirchi 98.3 FM, she appeared in his show named “Radio Mirchi”. Other appearances are on 1260 AM Leicester Sabras Radio with RJ Kash Kumar, and RJ Raj Baddhan on their shows “Sabras Radio”.
- Dancing and sleeping are her hobbies.