Elisha Nelson Manning
Eli, Penguin Boy, Easy
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Eli Manning attended the Isidore Newman School in New Orleans and graduated in 2001.
He then got admission in the University of Mississippi, where he emerged as one of the brightest football talents across the country. In 2004, he graduated from the university with a degree in marketing with a GPA of 3.44.
Professional American Football Player
- Father – Archie Manning (Former Professional American Football Player)
- Mother – Olivia Williams Manning (Housewife)
- Siblings – Peyton Manning (Older Brother) (Professional American Football Player), Cooper Manning (Older Brother) (Entrepreneur and TV Host)
Manning is represented by Thomas Cordon, the head of Football Division of Creative Artists Agency (CAA).
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
99 kg or 218 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Eli Manning has dated –
- Abby McGrew (2003-Present) – Eli started going out with Abby McGrew in 2003 while both were students at the University of Mississippi. After dating for four years, Eli popped the big question in 2007. In April 2008, they got married in an intimate ceremony held in a romantic coastal Mexican town. Abby gave birth to their first child, a daughter Ava Frances in March 2011. Later, daughters Lucy Thomas (b. June 2013) and Caroline Olivia (b. January 2015) were born.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall and muscular body
- Blond hair
Eli Manning’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 36 in or 91.5 cm
Manning has had a lucrative and long-term endorsement contract with sportswear brand Reebok.
He also starred in a number of TV adverts for Gatorade and has performed ambassadorial duties for the following brands as well –
- Citizen watches
- DirecTV NFL
- XFINITY X1
He has also worked on promotional campaigns for social causes such as ‘Guiding eyes for the Blind’ and ‘The No More Project.’
Best Known For
- Being a starting quarterback for the New York Giants.
- Being a part of the Manning family, which is known for their great pedigree in NFL.
First American Football Match
On November 21, 2004, Eli Manning made his first professional start for the New York Giants in an NFL match against Atlanta Falcons at Giants Stadium.
Eli was first seen in a documentary film Fed Up in January 2014 as special thanks.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of the NFL matches, Eli was first seen in the talk-show Let’s Talk with Gary Gellman as himself in 2005.
During the off-season, Eli Manning hits the gym for four days in a week. There are two upper body sessions and two lower body sessions. The focus is to lift heavy weights and power up the overall strength. His off-season exercises also involve lots of running.
During the season, he limits his gym work to just two days a week. Both of these workouts are intense full body workouts with an aim of maintaining strength and injury prevention.
He performs power cleans and explosive lifts to help him build explosiveness that serves him so well on the field. Then, there is a lot of leg work involving squats and various kettlebell moves. He also uses a band for the strengthening of arm, shoulder and rotator cuff. Plus, there are some moves aimed at making his core powerful and sturdy enough to lift his game.
Manning focuses on getting a big meal on the night after the game to restore his energy levels and to aid muscle recovery. In the lead up to the game, he keeps things simple with chicken and pasta along with some helping of fruit. During game intervals, he eats banana and Gatorade bars to amp up his energy.
Eli Manning Favorite Things
- Food – Pork chop, a house salad with no tomatoes, butter beans, mashed potatoes and gravy from Ajax Diner in Oxford, MS
- Sports Movies – Hoosiers (1986), Caddyshack (1980), Miracle (2004)
- TV Shows – Seinfeld (1989-1998), Modern Family
- Beer – Bud light
- Video Game – Zelda (Original Nintendo Game)
- Favorite Sport – Basketball (after football)
Eli Manning Facts
- Along with his father Archie and brother Peyton, he has co-authored Family Huddle, which is a children’s book on Manning brothers’ football start as kids.
- Eli along with his brother Peyton volunteered for social work to alleviate the havoc caused by the hurricane Katrina. They also assisted in the delivery of relief goods and amenities.
- Like his father, Eli Manning was a member of the Sigma Nu fraternity. In 2001 and 2003, he was declared the Sigma Nu athlete of the year.
- He holds the distinction of being the first quarterback in the history of NFL for throwing more than 4,900 yards as well as winning Super Bowl in the same season.
- For leading the New York Giants to the Super Bowl glory in 2007 and 2011, he was named the most valuable player on both occasions.
- Eli Manning is the first quarterback in the NFL history to start 194 games consecutively, which included 183 regular games and 11 playoff games.
- In his senior year at the University of Mississippi, he won the Maxwell Award, which is given to country’s best all-round college player.
- He is the first ever NFL player to record a last-minute touchdown throw that helped win the championship title game, which couldn’t have been tied with a field goal.
- Eli Manning doesn’t have any social media account.