Elena Jane Goulding
Lyonshall, Herefordshire, England
Goulding finished her schooling from Lady Hawkins’ High School in Kington. Later, she attended University of Kent to pursue a degree in politics and drama.
She left her college on the suggestion of Jamie Lillywhite from Turn First Artists, who was in search of new talent.
Singer, songwriter, record producer
- Father – Arthur Goulding (He is from the “family of undertakers“)
- Mother – Tracey Goulding (née Clark) (Worked in a supermarket)
- Siblings – Ellie has 3 siblings – 1 brother and 2 sisters. She is the second among the 4 children.
Jamie Lillywhite from Turn First Artists manages Ellie.
Dream pop, folktronica, indie pop, indietronica, synthpop
Vocals, bass, clarinet, drums, guitar, mandolin, keyboard, percussion
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
56 kg or 123.5 pounds
Ellie Goulding dated –
- Greg James (2009-2011) – British TV and radio presenter dated Ellie from 2009 to 2011.
- Skrillex (2012) – In 2012, a new couple alert came. American music producer, Dubstep DJ Skrillex hooked up with Ellie in February 2012. The relationship ended in October in the same year.
- Jeremy Irvine (2012-2013) – From November 2012 until August 2013, actor Jeremy and singer Ellie were together.
- Calvin Harris (2013) – Scottish DJ Calvin Harris was RUMORed to be dating Goulding in 2013, when they met during the filming of the song “I Need Your Love” in 2013.
- Ed Sheeran (2013) – Another English singer, Ed Sheeran had fling with Ellie, when they both were seen holding hands of each other during MTV’s Video Music Awards 2013 nearing August 2013.
- Luke Friend (2013) – RUMOR
- Niall Horan (2013) – Niall and Ellie are fondly called as “Nellie” by media. They dated for 27 days, when they first met during V Festival in August 2013. They called the relationship quits in September 2013.
- Dougie Poynter (2013-Present) – Since December 2013, she is dating McFly guitarist and vocalist, Dougie Poynter.
- Sam Karl (2014) – RUMOR
Race / Ethnicity
She is naturally a brunette.
But, she likes to dye her hair blonde.
- Can play a huge different number of musical instruments (see the list above)
- Known for high piercing vibrato, breathy tone and emotive delivery
35-26-35 in or 89-66-89 cm
ASOS, and SoBe.
Ellie was announced as the face of M.A.C. cosmetics in June 2015.
She also partnered with Nike to create a 30 minute running documentary film in 2011.
She does not talk about her religion much. But, she had been raised Christian.
Best Known For
Goulding released her debut album Lights on February 26, 2010 by Polydor Records. The album is 36:51 minutes long with total number of approx. 1.6 million sales worldwide. It was certified as 2x Platinum in England.
She had not appeared in any of the films.
First TV Show
Ellie had numerous guest appearances in TV shows. Her first one was in Later with Jools Holland in 2009 as herself in season #35 and episode 7.
Ellie had also guest appeared in a British chat show presented by Jonathan Ross, titled “The Jonathan Ross Show” on October 6, 2012.
Goulding likes to run a lot. She aims at running 6 miles every day. But, she does not stop here. Ellie likes to mix up. Apart from running, she likes to do yoga for strength. Capoeira is a martial art dance form, which Ellie likes to perform to achieve shaped hip muscles.
Ellie Goulding Favorite Things
- Food – Sushi, fish
- Christmas Film – The Snowman
- Book – Birdsong (By Sebastian Faulks)
- Disney Movie – Sleeping Beauty (1959)
Watch this video to find her most of the favorite things like her fave movie, vacation spot, food, book, albums and many others.
Ellie Goulding Facts
- Her parents separated, when Ellie was five years old.
- She had worked hard since childhood. Ellie won the singing contest first time, when she was in college.
- She started songwriting at 15. At 14, she commenced learning and playing guitar. At 9, Goulding used to play clarinet.
- She had a stepfather, who used to drive lorry.
- On April 29, 2011, she sang a song on the occasion of Prince William Windsor and Kate Middleton‘s wedding in Buckingham Palace in London.
- Kanye West and Björk are her musical influences.
- In 2013, she appeared in a track “Mirror” from the film The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
- She is a philanthropist too. Ellie is doing charity work since 2010.
- She is a cheese addict.
- She considers Daniel Day-Lewis as the best actor in the world.
- She had also performed for Barack Obama and his family.
- She is ambidextrous, meaning she can use both of her hands equally well.
- Visit her official website @ elliegoulding.com.
- Connect with her on various social networks – Twitter, Facebook, Rdio, HypeMachine, Google+, YouTube, MySpace, SoundCloud, Instagram.