Emily Erin Deschanel
Deschanel was born on October 11, 1976
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Emily went to Harvard-Westlake School and Crossroads School in Los Angeles.
She finally attended Boston University in their Professional Actors Training Program and received a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theater.
Actress, TV producer, film producer
- Father – Caleb Deschanel (Cinematographer and director)
- Mother – Mary Jo Deschanel (née Weir) (Actress)
- Siblings – Zooey Deschanel (Singer, actress, model) (Younger Sister)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
59 kg or 130 pounds
Emily started dating writer and actor David Hornsby in 2008. On September 25, 2010, the actress married David Hornsby in a private ceremony in Los Angeles. The couple welcomed their first child, son Henry Lamar Hornsby on September 21, 2011.
Race / Ethnicity
Emily has Dutch, English, Irish, Swiss and French ancestry.
35-24-35 in or 89-61-89 cm
Emily has appeared in commercials about brands like Fiat, Avon, and others.
Deschanel has also appeared in a Breast Cancer awareness commercial for the organization Stand Up 2 Cancer.
Emily was raised as Roman Catholic. But, now she is Agnostic.
Best Known For
Playing Dr. Temperance “Bones” Brennan in the Fox’s crime comedy-drama series Bones since 2005.
Deschanel has appeared in 1994 romantic comedy-drama film It Could Happen to You for her role as “animal rights activist”.
First TV Show
In 2002, Deschanel guest appeared in NBC’s Law & Order: Special Victims Unit for her role as Cassie Germaine in an episode titled “Surveillance” broadcast on episode 17 of season 3.
Emily works with personal trainer, Julie Diamond as frequently as possible. They work together and Julie keeps positive thinking and hence she is able to motivate Emily to do more and more workout. Emily runs on the treadmill, which she has kept at home.
Emily used to go for yoga classes too previously with her younger sister, Zooey. But, now they have stopped as they felt bored with the teacher, who was so slow.
She is a vegan and never ever buys stuff made from animals or their skin (neither to eat nor for wearing).
Emily Deschanel Favorite Things
- School Subjects – Mathematics, Science
Source – TV
Emily Deschanel Facts
- Emily always desired to be an architect, while growing up.
- Deschanel is good friends with TV producer, director and actor David Boreanaz.
- She supports animal rights causes.
- Emily is a vegan.
- Emily previously owned a female dog of Wheaten terrier breed. Now, that dog is with her ex-boyfriend.
- She was placed at #12 in The 2012 Hot 100 on AfterEllen.
- In 2004, she was included in the list of “six actresses to watch” by Interview Magazine.
- Her dad is an Oscar nominated cinematographer and director Caleb Deschanel.
- Emily’s paternal grandfather is from Oullins, Rhône (French).
- Connect with Emily on Twitter.