Emily Irene VanCamp
Port Perry, Ontario, Canada
She was passionate about dancing since childhood and is learning it since the age of three. To learn dancing professionally, she took admission into ballet school École supérieure de ballet du Québec at the age of 12.
- Father – Robert VanCamp (Animal Nutritionist)
- Mother – Cindy VanCamp
- Siblings – Katie VanCamp (Oldest Sister) (Children’s book writer and former dancer), Molly Dawn VanCamp (Younger Sister), Alison VanCamp (Older Sister)
Thruline Entertainment, Inc.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
56 kg or 123.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emily VanCamp dated –
- Ben McKenzie (2004) – The two actors were RUMORed to be dating in 2004 when they were seen kissing at a public place. But, their reps announced that they are just friends.
- Chris Pratt (2004-2006) – After meeting on the set of Everwood, Emily started dating her co-star Chris Pratt in 2004. In the starting, they kept their relationship secret. But, gradually made it public.
- Dave Annable (2007-2008) – American actor Dave Annable started dating his Brothers & Sisters co-star VanCamp in 2007. They split in January 2008.
- Joseph Morgan (2010-2011) – Emily did a small TV series Ben Hur in 2010 and met Joseph Morgan. She started dating this English actor in that year. But, this relationship also saw an end in October 2011.
- Joshua Bowman (2011-Present) – Since December 2011, she is dating another English actor Joshua Bowman. She met him on the set of ABC’s primetime television series Revenge.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark brown eyes
34-24-35 in or 87-61-89 cm
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
She has appeared in television commercials about Chevy, Pepsi, Time Warner Cable, etc.
Best Known For
Playing Amy Abbott in The WB’s drama series Everwood from 2002 to 2006, as Rebecca Harper in the ABC’s drama series Brothers & Sisters from 2007 to 2010, and as Emily Thorne / Amanda Clarke in the ABC’s Revenge since 2011.
In 2000, she appeared in a TV film Jackie Bouvier Kennedy Onassis for her role as Jackie Bouvier – age 13.
First TV Show
In 2000, she appeared in the very first episode of YTV’s horror / fantasy-themed TV series Are You Afraid of the Dark? for her role as Peggy Gregory in season 7.
She feels her childhood ballet training is helping a lot for her role as Amanda Clarke in Revenge. She needs to do fight scenes, which is nothing but choreography.
Emily tries to finds a fruitful way in which she can balance her mind, body and spirit, while working.
Emily VanCamp Favorite Things
- Exercise – Pilates
- Sport – Ice Hockey
- Team – Montreal Canadiens
- Idol – Audrey Hepburn
- Designers – Michael Kors, Gucci, Versace
- Stone – Emerald
Source – USMagazine, Yahoo, LATimes
Emily VanCamp Facts
- She is a ballet dancer also. Emily started taking interest in dancing at the age of three.
- She can speak English, Québécois French, and Spanish.
- She was into photography in and around 2002. She was cast in Everwood in 2002 and wanted to buy F100 Nikon Camera.
- Emily is also skilled in horse riding.
- Her job was to deliver food to people in her hometown, thus helping her father.
- She is skilled in various dance forms such as ballet, tap, jazz, hip-hop.
- If she weren’t into acting, she would probably be either a dancer or a cook.
- She is also an ice hockey fan. She supports Montreal Canadiens team.
- In 2003, Emily was named as one of the E! Online’s Sizzlin’ 16.
- Connect with Emily on Twitter.