Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
Fernanda’s educational background is not known. But, she became really active in modeling at a young age. So, she may have opted for homeschooling.
- Father – Was a singer
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Fernanda is signed with these modeling agencies –
- Next Model Management – London
- D’Management Group – Milan
- Mega Model Agency – Hamburg
- Francina Models – Barcelona
- IMG Models – New York
- Unique Models – Copenhagen
- Central Models – Lisbon
- Artform – Tel Aviv
- IMG Models – Paris
- Marilyn Modeling Agency – New York
- Marilyn Modeling Agency – Paris
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
64 kg or 141 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Fernanda Tavares dated –
- Tyson Ballou – She was romantically linked with American fashion model, Tyson Ballou in the past.
- Murilo Rosa (2007-Present) – In 2007, she started dating actor Murilo Rosa and married him in July 2007. Fernanda gave birth to couple’s first child, son Lucas in October 2007. In November 2012, the couple welcomed their second child, son Artur. Both Murilo and Fernanda are 5 ft 10 in high and he is about 10 years her senior.
Race / Ethnicity
Fernanda has Portuguese-Brazilian ancestry.
- Brunette hair
35-24-36 in or 89-61-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
9 (US) or 40 (EU) or 6.5 (UK)
She has advertised for brands like AA Milano, Absolute Tom Ford, Ann Taylor, Antártica, Avon ‘Midnight’ fragrance, Bali, Beautyjungle.com, Bloomingdale’s, Bottega Veneta, Chloé, Citroen, Dana Buchman, Davidoff ‘Cool Water’ fragrance, Dolce & Gabbana, Gap, Giorgio Armani, Giorgio ‘Beverly Hills’ fragrance, Guerlain, H&M, Herbal Essences, Iceberg, J. Crew, Jones New York, Lança Perfume, Lejaby, L’Oreal, Louis Vuitton, Mango, Marella, Massimo Dutti, Maria Lya, Nine West, Orwell, Peter Hahn, Ralph Lauren, RoccoBarocco, Rock & Republic, Rosa Cha, Sais, Toli, Valentino, Versace, and Zoomp.
Best Known For
Being a supermodel and working with various brands and designers such as Victoria’s Secret, Guerlain, Chanel, Versace, etc.
First Fashion Show
She debuted with Ready to Wear – Autumn / Winter 1999 Fashion Show where she walked the ramp for Exte, Loewe, and Roberto Cavalli.
In 2007, she appeared in the action comedy film Gomez & Tavarès, la suite for her role as Francesca.
First TV Show
In 2000, Fernanda made an appearance in the talk show Superbonita as herself.
There is no information about her current workout routine and diet plan. But, she gave an interview to NY Post in November 2001, when she said that she always used to think that this time she would prepare for the Victoria’s Secret show by doing something different. She further continued –
“But then, it’s the day before and you suddenly remember, ‘Oh my God! I forgot to do anything! I didn’t diet, I didn’t exercise . . .’”
Fernanda Tavares Favorite Things
Fernanda Tavares Facts
- She is a Brazilian supermodel.
- Tavares has walked in the 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2005 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. Her VS Fashion Show 2004 nomination was canceled due to Super Bowl XXXVIII halftime show controversy.
- At 9, Fernanda started walking in the local fashion shows.
- Fernanda was the winner of “Elite Look of the Year” at the age of 13.
- In 1994, Fernanda started receiving invitations from modeling agencies so that she can start her career in modeling full time after going to São Paulo.
- Fernanda is friends with models like Ana Claudia Michels, Brooklyn Decker, Daniela Pestova, Gisele Bündchen, and Tyson Ballou.
- Fernanda has appeared in 2003 and 2007 editions of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issues.
- Fernanda likes to do swimming and jogging.
- In 2003, she posed for PETA’s anti-fur campaign.
- Fernanda signed a deal with perfume company Guerlain in $1.3 million in the past.
- She has previously worked as a VJ (Video Jockey) with MTV Brazil.
- She knows various languages like English, French, Italian, and Portuguese.
- Connect with Fernanda on Instagram and Official Facebook Fan Page.