The easiest and simplest way to lose weight seems to be through starvation. But does that sound good? Are we burning the excess fat or just making our muscles weaker?
Starvation is completely wrong and unhealthy way of losing weight. When you are starving, your brain is losing more energy than your body is actually losing weight. Starvation is responsible for increased stress and for lowering the immunity of the body.
When it comes to quality weight loss, then we need to follow a diet that can help reduce excess fat without any other negative influence on the body or health. To build muscles and lose fat, you should import quality amount of protein, vegetables, carbohydrates, fruits and healthy fats. Eating enough protein helps in building and maintaining the muscles. Believe it or not, eating healthy fats in controlled amounts, helps in weight loss.
Fruits and vegetables contain various vitamins and minerals that are necessary for the recovery of your body, especially after an intense workout. At the same time, carbohydrates are the primary fuel for your brain. So you should eat plenty of big salads to give your brain the needed energy.
Read on to find some food items that you can implement in your daily meal plan.
- Oats – Oat flakes reduce the level of cholesterol and provide low glycemic index (GI) of carbohydrates for energy. Oat flakes are a great way to start the day with a healthy breakfast.
- Spinach – Spinach is a pretty healthy alkaline food. It prevents the loss of muscle and bone mass, but can also be used for prevention of cancer and heart disease because of its high nutritional profile.
- Red meat – It contains high amount of proteins, vitamin B12, zinc, iron and creatine. Many people think that red meat is responsible for fattening because of the saturated fats and calories that it contains, but that isn’t true.
- Olive Oil – Olive Oil contains 70% monounsaturated fats that help avoid the possibility of heart disease and cancer. You can add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in your salads.
- Nuts – They contain mono and polyunsaturated fat, protein, fiber, zinc, potassium, magnesium and Vitamin E. All nuts are high in calories and are great for those who want to increase their muscle mass. You can make a mix of almonds, Indian nuts, hazelnuts and walnuts to increase your energy levels.
- Losos – Losos and many other fishes are one of the best sources of Omega 3 fatty acids, which also contain 20 grams of proteins in one portion of 100 grams.
- Eggs – Eggs are the cheapest and richest source of proteins. One egg contains 7 grams of protein. Although the bile is not recommended for excessive consumption, it contains half of the protein in one egg. Also bile contains the vitamins A, D, E and cholesterol that naturally increase your testosterone. If you have bad levels of cholesterol, lower the intake of fats instead of not eating the bile.
- Yogurt – Yogurt contains nutrients that improve the health of your gastrointestinal system. Don’t buy yogurt that contains added sugar and fruit, instead buy plain lowfat yogurt. You can combine the yogurt with blueberries and flaxseed.
- Broccoli – It is a great vegetable that is used in the fight against cancer. Broccoli contains phytochemicals and anti – estrogenic indoles and is also high in soluble fiber which helps in reducing fat. Eating broccoli is a great way to keep your organism healthy, but don’t forget the other vegetables that you can consume like cabbage, kale and cauliflower.
- Berries – They are rich in antioxidants that prevent cancer, heart disease and eye disease too. No matter if they are blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or Aronia.
- Tomatoes – Contains lycopene which prevents cancer. You can make homemade tomato sauce combined with olive oil.
- Apples – Contains pectin, which helps in weight loss by increasing satiety. Apples are also rich in antioxidants.
- Water – If you are not drinking enough water, your body will keep it stored in itself. Drinking sufficient amount prevents possible water retention by the body.
The water also helps the muscles to recover faster and prevents dehydration after a hard workout. Water is considered to be the foundation of health.
Green Tea – The green tea is a strong antioxidant and a natural diuretic. Green tea accelerates the process of burning fat, prevents cancer and improves blood circulation.
To get quality weight loss despite the diet, you will need to add an effective training program.