Gemma Christina Arterton
Gravesend, Kent, England
Gemma attended Gravesend Grammar School for Girls in Kent, England. She left school to attend Miskin Theatre School in Dartford. Arterton graduated in 2008 from RADA.
She received full government grant to attend Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
- Father – Barry Arterton (Welder)
- Mother – Sally-Anne Heap (Cleaner)
- Siblings – Hannah Jane Arterton (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Wreckless Eric (Aunt) (Singer-songwriter)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gemma dated –
- Eduardo Munoz (2008) – Spanish horserider Eduardo dated for a couple of months from June to December 2008.
- Stefano Catelli (2009-2013) – Gemma started dating a fashion consultant, Stefano Catelli in March 2009. She announced her engagement on 6 July 2009 and married on 5 June 2010 at a private ceremony in Zuheros, Andalucia, Spain. The couple remained together for a while but separated in February 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
She has German Jewish ancestry on her mother’s side.
34-28-37 in or 87-71-94 cm
8 (US) or 38 (EU)
She wears a shoe of size 8.5 (US) or 39 (EU).
G-Star Raw (Dutch clothing company), Avon (American cosmetics company)
Anglican / Episcopalian
Best Known For
Her roles in movies like St Trinian’s (2007) as Kelly Jones, Quantum of Solace (2008) as Strawberry Fields, Clash of the Titans (2010) as Lo, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010) as Princess Tamina and Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters (2013) as Gretel.
She did the role of Kelly Jones in the 2007 film St Trinian’s. The film is a sixth one in the series by the work of the cartoonist Ronald Searle.
First TV Show
Arterton appeared in a 4 part British television series Lost in Austen in 2008 for her role as Elizabeth Bennet. Gemma had appeared in only 2 episodes out of a total 4.
For her movie roles, she needs to develop the body as required. But, Gemma does not like the idea of going to gym to do that. Instead, she likes to do the exercises privately in a room with the help of a personal trainer, who appears on the computer screen via Skype.
Gemma Arterton Favorite Things
- Fairytale – Little Red Riding Hood
- Author – Angelina Carter
- Playwright – Shakespeare
Source – Glamour
Gemma Arterton Facts
- She was born with polydactyly.
- She was raised by a single mother.
- Gemma supports Charlton Athletic Football Club enthusiastically.
- Launched in October 2008, Arterton is the face of Avon’s Bond Girl 007 fragrance.
- She was once blocked in May 2008 from acting opposite Kate Moss for Rimmel.
- She won Empire Award for Best Newcomer for the movie “Quantum of Solace” in 2009.
- She had also worked as a makeup sales girl during her time in Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
- She made her stage debut in school and won the best actress prize for her performance.
- She describes herself in three words as “Vivacious, unpredictable and soulful”.
- Connect with Gemma on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.