Gemma Ann Merna
Manchester, England, UK
Gemma went to St. George’s RC High School in Walkden, Greater Manchester.
She took acting classes at Manchester School Of Acting. Apart from this, she also attended many theatre workshops and groups.
- Father – Dennis Merna (Died on June 30, 2012 while sleeping)
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Katie Merna (Sister), Stephen Merna (Brother), Leigh Merna (Brother)
Gemma is signed to AM Concepts UK.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Gemma started dating businessman Ian Minton in 2007 and was engaged to him since long time. She married her businessman boyfriend of 5 years on May 27, 2012 at a ceremony.
Her ceremony was exclusively covered by Hello Magazine. Several Hollyoaks cast members were also present in her wedding.
Some of her Hollyoaks cast members at that time were Nicole Barber-Lane (on-screen mother), Jennifer Metcalfe (on-screen sister) and Jorgie Porter (on-screen cousin). They all were bridesmaids in her wedding.
Race / Ethnicity
39-24-35 in or 99-61-89 cm
8 (US) or 38 (EU)
She is the brand ambassador of Vitzer drink, LBD Diet Plan and others.
She has also worked with numerous other brands such as Aviva Insurance, Littlewoods, Nuratrim, TiVo, Very.co.uk, VO5, and Virgin.
She has not revealed her religious beliefs publicly.
Best Known For
Playing Carmel Valentine in the Channel 4 soap opera Hollyoaks from 2006 to 2014.
She has not been cast in any of the films.
First TV Show
From 2006 to 2014, she was a series regular in the soap opera Hollyoaks for her role as Carmel Valentine.
Gemma follows LBD (Little Black Dress) diet. Earlier, she used to shed 2 pounds a week by adhering to this diet program, and had nuratrim diet pills, which worked like a charm for her.
Regarding exercises, she does tabata training. It fills her with energy and is able to spend her whole day enthusiastically. She does a circuit where various exercises are performed with short gaps for rest.
She suggests her fans to set long term goals.
Gemma Merna Favorite Things
Gemma Merna Facts
- Merna had also served as a contestant on I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! in November 2014.
- Gemma was born in Manchester but raised in Worsley.
- In 2005, when she was 21, Gemma had breast enlargement. She considers it as one of her best decisions.
- She supports both the football clubs – Manchester United F.C. and Liverpool F.C.
- In 2015, she released her own calendar.
- Along with Alan Hinkes, she presented the awards for Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme on October 14, 2009.
- Follow Gemma on Twitter and Instagram.