George Timothy Clooney
Lexington, Kentucky, U.S.
Clooney attended Blessed Sacrament School in Fort Mitchell, Kentucky. Then, he went to St. Michael’s School in Columbus. Post that, from 1968 to 1974, George attended Western Row Elementary School in Mason, Ohio.
Clooney also went to Susanna School in Mason. He was an altar boy there.
He was then enrolled into Augusta High School in Augusta, Kentucky. He majored in Broadcast Journalism from Northern Kentucky University from 1979 to 1981.
He also attended University of Cincinnati for very short time. He did not graduate from it.
Actor, director, producer, screenwriter
- Father – Nick Clooney (Former anchorman and game show host)
- Mother – Nina Warren Clooney (Beauty pageant queen)
- Siblings – Adelia Clooney (known as Ada) (Older Sister)
- Others – Miguel Ferrer (Cousin) (Actor), Rafael Ferrer (Cousin) (Actor), Rosemary Clooney (Aunt) (Singer), José Ferrer (Uncle) (Actor)
George is signed to Creative Artists Agency (CAA).
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
78 kg or 172 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
George Clooney dated –
- Talia Balsam (1989-1993) – He started dating actress Talia Balsam in January 1989. After dating for about a year, the two stars married on December 15, 1989. They divorced in September 1993.
- Elizabeth Daily (1993)
- Karen Duffy (1995)
- Kimberly Russell (1995)
- Vendela Kirsebom Thomessen (1996)
- Céline Balitran (1996-1999)
- Lucy Liu (2000)
- Traylor Howard (2000)
- Lisa Snowdon (2000-2005)
- Jennifer Siebel Newsom (2002)
- Mariella Frostrup (2002)
- Krista Allen (2002-2004)
- Teri Hatcher (2006) – RUMOR
- Monika Jakisic (2007)
- Sarah Larson (2007-2008) – Clooney started dating model Sarah Larson in June 2007. They met for the first time in Las Vegas, where she worked as a cocktail waitress in The Palm Hotel and Casino. The duo separated in May 2008.
- Elisabetta Canalis (2009-2011) – In July 2009, Clooney started dating Italian TV personality, Elisabetta Canalis. They were first found together, when she was sitting on the back of Clooney’s motorcycle. They separated in June 2011.
- Stacy Keibler (2011-2013) – From July 2011 to June 2013, the actors Stacy Keibler and George Clooney were an item.
- Amal Alamuddin (2013-Present) – Clooney commenced dating London based, British-Lebanese lawyer, Amal Alamuddin in September 2013. They engaged on April 28, 2014. They officially got married on September 27, 2014 at Ca’ Farsetti. The former mayor of Rome and George’s friend, Walter Veltroni did their marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
George has primarily Irish, German, and English ancestry, with distant Dutch and Scottish roots.
Salt and pepper (grayish)
- Greyish hair
- Liberal political beliefs, which his movies also reflects
George Clooney’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
His shoe size is not known.
Nestle Nespresso, Norwegian Bank, Arthur Andersen (1998), AT&T (1997), El corte inglés (1998), AquaFina (2003), British Airways (2004), Police sunglasses, Fiat Idea (2004), Budweiser (2005), Martini (2006), Fastweb (2011), DNB financial services group (2011-2012).
He was raised Roman Catholic. But, now he does not know if he believes in God or not.
Best Known For
Playing Dr. Doug Ross in the ER from 1994 to 1999, then 2000, and 2009.
He is also known for his appearances in the films From Dusk till Dawn (1996), Gravity (2013), The Monuments Men (2014), Batman & Robin (1997).
George appeared in 1987 comedy / horror film Return to Horror High for his role as Oliver.
First TV Show
From 1984 to 1985, George Clooney starred in the CBS’s sitcom E/R for his role as Mark ‘Ace’ Kolmar.
He is a follower of Bikram yoga, which is also known as “hot yoga” as it is performed in a temperature of 40 degree celsius or more.
George Clooney Favorite Things
- Song – Destination Moon (By Dinah Washington)
Source – IMDb
George Clooney Facts
- George is the relative of singer Debby Boone. Debby married Clooney’s cousin Gabriel Ferrer.
- When he was struggling as an actor in Hollywood, he lived in his friend’s closet for a year.
- He sometimes couldn’t afford a hamburger (during a hangout with friends) as an aspiring actor.
- He is a good baseball player and had tried his luck for Cincinnati Reds at the age of 16.
- He is afraid of earthquakes.
- George owned a pig, named Max, which he received as a gift from actress Kelly Preston. George used to share his bed with Max and kept it for 18 years before it passed away in 2006.
- He is friends with Rande Gerber.
- George developed Bell’s palsy when he was in middle school.
- Before becoming an actor, he has sold women’s shoes, men’s suits, door-to-door insurance, and has worked in construction, tobacco and other companies.
- After Richard Gere, he was the second man to grace the cover page of Vogue magazine.
- He was born at 2:48 AM EST.
- He was the best man at the wedding of actor Richard Kind.