Geraldine Estelle Halliwell
Ginger spice, Geri
Watford, Hertfordshire, England
Geri went to the Callowland Infant School. Then, she attended the Watford Grammar School for Girls. Later, she got enrolled in Camden School for Girls.
Singer-songwriter, author, actress, fashion designer, model, television personality
- Father – Laurence Francis Halliwell
- Mother – Ana Maria Hidalgo
- Siblings – Paul (Older Half-Brother), Karen (Older Half-Sister), Max Halliwell (Older Brother), Natalie Halliwell-Jennings (Older Sister)
- Others – Mathias Karlsson Sjövik (Paternal Grandfather), Kathleen Ball (Paternal Grandmother), Máximo Hidalgo (Maternal Grandfather) (Prisoner)
Geri Halliwell is represented by CTK Management.
Virgin, EMI, Capitol, Innocent Records, Sony Music Australia
5 ft 1½ in or 156 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Geri Halliwell has dated –
- Jamie Morrison (1998-1999) – Geri started going out with polo player Jamie Morrison in 1998. Talking about their relationship, Geri stated that he liked music and she liked polo. However, their relationship came to an end within a year as she found him quite dull.
- Chris Evans (1999) – Halliwell had a very short lived affair with TV personality Chris Evans in November 1999. They had reportedly moved in together in that short period and then one night to escape it all, Evans stayed in a hotel and didn’t return her calls, and she decided it was all over. Some reports state that it was nothing other than a PR stunt concocted by PR guru Mathew Freud.
- Robbie Williams (2000) – Halliwell had a very public fling with the musician Robbie Williams in the summer of 2000. Halliwell later commended Robbie for nudging her to get treatment for the eating disorder. However, Robbie was less than impressed about their time together. He was particularly irritated with her possessive behavior and childish demands.
- Steve Nash (2000) – Geri was reported to be seeing basketball star Steve Nash in November 2000 after she was spotted having dinner with Steve. She was also regular at the Dallas Mavericks matches.
- Bobby Hashemi (2001) – Halliwell had found true love in the millionaire Bobby Hashemi. However, their three-month long relationship fell flat after she suggested that they should move in together. The former investment banker wanted the relationship to move slowly and at the same time, retain his freedom as well.
- Demian Warner (2002) – Geri met Chicago native Demian Warner at a rehab clinic in Arizona. He was in the rehab for the drug problem and she was getting treatment for her eating disorder. He was reportedly asked to leave rehab due to compulsive womanizing. Their relationship became public in May 2002 after they were pictured making out in a Los Angeles restaurant. After dating for a brief period, they got engaged. Apparently, he wasn’t impressed with her insistence to sign a prenuptial agreement and to undertake HIV test.
- Fred Durst (2003) – After flirting with the rock star, Fred Durst on the Jimmy Kimmel Show, she went out on a lunch date in Beverly Hills in March 2003. Their efforts to keep date secret certainly raised suspicions about them.
- Duncan James (2004) – Geri hooked up with singer Duncan James in 2004. However, this short relationship seemed more like a PR exercise.
- Lee Ryan (2004) – Halliwell dated Lee Ryan after they were pictured flirting at a showbiz party. They further solidified dating rumors by making out at the Dolce & Gabbana bash.
- Jerry O’Connell (2004) – Geri had an affair with actor Jerry O’Connell in 2004. It was proved that the affair did happen and wasn’t a tabloid fantasy after his official girlfriend Giuliana Rancic accused him of going behind her back.
- Sacha Gervasi (2005) – Geri’s next flame was Los Angeles based screenwriter Sacha Gervasi. Their affair stretched to six weeks in the summer of 2005. However, by the time, they broke up, Geri was pregnant. Gervasi offered to support her in raising their daughter Bluebell, but Geri wanted to do it on her own.
- Evgeny Lebedev (2007) – In July 2007, Geri was RUMORed to be in a relationship with Russian businessman Evgeny Lebedev after they attended Serpentine Summer Party as a couple.
- David Walliams (2008) – Geri started dating comedian David Walliams in early 2008. They had known each other for a long time before starting their courtship.
- Ivan Velez (2008) – Geri got close to professional dancer Ivan Velez after working together during the Spice Girls Tour. Gradually, they had become more than friends. When the tour ended, she missed him, so she flew out to be with him in Los Angeles in February 2008. However, by November, they had broken up.
- Fabrizio Politi (2008-2009) – Halliwell met Italian hunk Fabrizio Politi at a nightclub in Florence in December 2008. Right from the start, their relationship progressed at a lightning speed as he proposed her on the Christmas Eve. In January, they released a statement confirming their engagement. He was even spotted carrying her daughter in London on a couple of occasions. But, Geri wasn’t still ready to settle down and broke the engagement in March 2009.
- Henry Beckwith (2009-2011) – Geri started going out with socialite heir Henry Beckwith in 2009. They had a very up and down two-year long relationship, which ended because of her jealousy due to his female friends.
- Russell Brand (2012) – Geri and actor and comedian, Russell Brand got close during the closing ceremony of the London Olympics. He was so smitten by her that he dumped his girlfriend Isabella Brewster for her. The fact that they both loved yoga also helped them bond. But within a couple of months, they had broken up as Geri found him too intense for her liking.
- Christian Horner (2014-Present) – Geri started going out with the Team Principal of the Red Bull Racing Formula One team, Christian Horner in March 2014. In May 2015, she married him in a small and intimate ceremony. In October 2016, it was announced that she was pregnant with her second child. She gave birth to a son, Montague George Hector Horner in January 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Geri is of Spanish descent on mother’s side, whereas, has English and Swedish ancestry on father’s side.
She has naturally “Mousy Brown” hair.
33-25-34 in or 84-63.5-86 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
5 (US) or 35.5 (EU)
Geri has starred in the TV commercials for –
- Brits 2000
- Australia’s Got Talent
- National Year of Reading website Consequences
She was “Agnostic” previously.
Best Known For
- Being a member of the pop girl band, Spice Girls.
- The commercial success of her debut music album, Schizophonic.
Geri Halliwell released her debut studio album Schizophonic in June 1999 which reached #4 on UK Music Charts.
Geri made her film debut with short 1995 drama film Foggy Notion in the role of Sami.
First TV Show
In 1990, Geri was seen in the music series Dance Energy as herself – dancer. Her role was uncredited.
Geri Halliwell has been a devoted fan of yoga for a very long time and practices it to keep her toned figure in shape. However, recently, she has reduced the frequency of her yoga sessions and performs one yoga session per week. She has added aerial yoga to her weekly schedule as well.
She is also particularly a fan of going out for a jog. In case, she can’t head out due to England’s notorious wet weather, she sets treadmill to a steep incline, grabs a pair of light dumbbells and goes for a 20-minute power-walking session. To make it even more fun, she belts out her favorite hits while power walking.
When it comes to diet, she doesn’t believe in dieting as she claims it only makes her overeat later. She makes sure that she is eating sensibly and normally. To deal with hunger pangs, she relies on munching on almonds and to tackle sweet cravings, she keeps chocolates around.
Geri Halliwell Favorite Things
- Food – Fat, greasy chips
- Hero – Margaret Thatcher
Source – The Guardian
Geri Halliwell Facts
- She has got two tattoos, including a panther on her back and a star between the shoulder blades.
- Before she became a darling of the British music industry, she did several odd jobs including working as a cage go-go dancer at a disco club in Majorca.
- In 2010, she opened up about her struggles with bulimia and anorexia. In fact, due to bulimia, she was close to death before she sought medical help in 2002.
- Her famous Union Jack mini dress was auctioned for steep $69,340 held by the Sotheby’s auction house in London in September 1999. She herself delivered the dress to the Hard Rock Hotel in Vegas.
- In 1999, she was selected to work as a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA). In this role, she has worked in Nepal to launch a campaign to halt violence against women.
- In 2006, she visited Zambia to support UN campaign that aimed to raise awareness about HIV maternal deaths and to stop the spread of the disease.
- In April 2007, it was revealed that Hallowell had inked a book writing deal with Macmillan Children’s Books to publish 6 books in the Ugenia Lavender series.
- In March 2001, the British authorities banned her from driving for 6 weeks after she was caught speeding twice over the permitted speed limit.
- Geri became the first British female singer to have 11 singles (4 as a solo artist and 7 as part of Spice Girls) at the #1 position in the UK music charts.
- She has posed naked for the Playboy and Penthouse magazines photoshoots.
- In October 2015, she was negotiating with the Department for Education to start her free school in North London.
- Visit her official website @ gerihorner.com.
- Follow Geri on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.