Gina Joy Carano
Dallas County, Texas, U.S.
Carano graduated from Trinity Christian High School in Las Vegas, Nevada.
After that, she was enrolled into University of Nevada, Reno and went there for a year.
Finally, she took admission in University of Nevada, Las Vegas to minor in psychology. Gina went to this university for three years.
Actress, TV personality, fitness model, former Mixed Martial Artist (MMA)
- Father – Glenn Thomas Carano (Former American Football Quarterback)
- Mother – Dana Joy (née Cason)
- Siblings – She has two sisters – one older and other younger.
She is signed to Wolf-Kasteler Public Relations.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
72 kg or 159 pounds
As a MMA artist, her billed weight was 82 kg or 181 pounds.
Gina Carano dated –
- Kevin Ross – Gin started dating professional Muay Thai fighter, Kevin Ross when she was starting her career. Kevin helped her in getting involved into Muay Thai.
- Kit Cope – She was then romantically linked to another martial artist, Kit Cope.
- Henry Cavill (2012-2014) – British actor, Henry Cavill (who is famous for his role as Superman) started dating Gina on August 4, 2012 after meeting her at Jessie J Live In London on August 4. The duo were an item for two years, before getting separated in December 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Italian ancestry.
38-28-37 in or 96.5-71-94 cm
She has appeared in Pepsi Super Bowl commercial in 2009.
She has endorsed clothing company Under Armour (UA) brand.
She was raised Protestant Christian, but now she is most probably non-religious.
Best Known For
Playing Riley Hicks in the 2013 action film Fast & Furious 6, and as Mallory Kane in the 2011 action-thriller film Haywire.
First Mixed Martial Art Match
She debuted on June 10, 2006 playing against Leiticia Pestova, where she knocked out her in the 1st round itself in just 38 seconds. Gina was 135 pounds at that time.
Her first film came in 2009 where she played the role as Veretta Vendetta in the direct-to-DVD martial arts film Blood and Bone.
Her bigger role came in the next film, an action-thriller film Haywire for her role as Mallory Kane, released in 2011.
First TV Show
In 2007, she was a series regular at Oxygen original reality television series Fight Girls as a mentor. The show was only broadcast for 7 episodes.
As a martial artist, she used to do spend time during morning as well as evening sessions – 2 hours each. She was really active in Muay Thai and Jiu-Jitsu. She took training from MMA trainer, Greg Jackson.
After starting her acting career, she has started doing light exercises and performs yoga. Gina even intakes a careful balanced diet.
You can check out her workout routine and diet plan.
Gina Carano Favorite Things
- Healthy Meal – Chicken / fish and couscous along with green beans
- Films – Braveheart (1995), Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969), Cry-Baby (1990), True Romance (1993), Let Me In (2010)
- City – Las Vegas, New York, Chicago
Source – IMDb, Rotten Tomatoes, Equinox
Gina Carano Facts
- Gina is non-political.
- At school, she was active in basketball, softball, and volleyball.
- Carano was given the title as “The Face of Women’s MMA.”
- She has also been ranked at #24 in Maxim‘s Hot 100 list in 2014.
- She was third most searched person on Yahoo! on May 13, 2008.
- Along with Serena Williams, she graced the magazine cover of ESPN The Magazine ’s Body Issue on October 19, 2009.
- She has voiced the role of Natasha Volkova for the 2008 video game Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3.
- During her kickboxing career, she never lost a match. Gina played 12 matches and won all of them.
- In 2008, she was a contestant in American Gladiators.
- Connect with Gina on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.