Claire Elise Boucher
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Grimes attended Lord Byng Secondary School from where she later graduated.
Upon his graduation, Claire enrolled herself into McGill University where she studied neuroscience, philosophy, and Russian language.
Because of her music career, Grimes started missing too many classes which eventually led to being expelled from McGill University.
Singer, songwriter, record producer, music video director
- Father – Unknown (Executive at a Biotechnology Company)
- Mother – Sandy Garossino (Crown Prosecutor and Editor-in-Chief of the Vancouver Observer, an online publication)
- Siblings – Jay Worthy (Step-Brother)
Grimes has been signed with Coda Agency and William Morris Endeavor.
Synthpop, art pop, electronica, experimental pop, dream pop
Vocals, keyboard, guitar, bass, drums, violin, ukulele, sampler, synthesizer
Arbutus, 4AD, Roc Nation
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Grimes’ dating history is not known.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Ukrainian, Russian, Italian and Quebecois ancestry.
She has naturally “Brown” hair. (via Vogue)
But, since the age of 10, she is dying them with different colors like ‘Blonde’, ‘Pink’, etc.
- Hairstyle and Dressing style
- Small Built
- Nose and Ears
29-23-32 in or 74-58.5-81 cm
2 (US) or 32 (EU)
She is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 7 (US).
She has served as the face of Stella McCartney perfume POP.
She has also soundtracked an Expedia commercial.
Grimes is believed to be non-religious.
Best Known For
Her studio album Visions (2012) and for her singles Genesis and Oblivion.
On January 10, 2010, Claire’s debut album was released by the name Geidi Primes via Arbutus label. The album has a running time of 31 minutes and 32 seconds with a total of 11 tracks included.
In 2012, Grimes appeared as Saint-Boniface in the short comedy movie Tabula Rasa.
First TV Show
In 2012, Grimes made a guest appearance in one episode of the musical talk show Later… With Jools Holland.
Claire Boucher’s workout routine is not known. But, her diet is vegan. She stays away from dairy and other animal based products.
Grimes Favorite Things
- City – Los Angeles (L.A.)
- Drink- Vodka and water with pickle
- Color – Red / Purple
Source – pigeonsandplanes.com
- For 11 years, Grimes attended ballet classes.
- At the age of 18, she shifted to Montreal, Quebec.
- She began her music career while at college in 2007.
- In 2010, Grimes released a new album by the name Halfaxa.
- Her stage name “Grimes” came from MySpace where her tracks were listed in the Grime genre numerous times.
- She penned a deal with the 4AD label in January 2012.
- On January 31, 2012, Grimes released her third album Visions.
- On December 17, 2013, Claire signed with Roc Nation label.
- She generally makes the art for each one of her albums. Her work has been influenced by Japanese manga, and anime artists such as Daniel Clowes and Charles Burns.
- In 2014, Claire admitted to using the drugs and alcohol which resulted in her losing a lot of friends.
- She and her step-brother Jay Worthy made the song “Christmas Song” together.
- Visit Grimes’ official website @ grimesmusic.com.
- Follow Claire on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, YouTube VEVO, and Google+.