Guy Rupert Berryman
Guy attended The Edinburgh Academy in Edinburgh, Scotland and Kent College in Canterbury, England.
Berryman enrolled himself at University College London (UCL) to pursue a degree in engineering. But, he dropped out eventually.
He instead took admission into The Bartlett (UCL’s school of architecture) which is a 7-year course in architecture. Guy also left it after 1 year to focus a career in the field of music.
Bassist, musician, antique dealer, producer, photographer, multi-instrumentalist
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Mark Berryman (Older Brother)
Coldplay is signed with The Fun Star (Publicist).
Guy is signed with these talent agencies –
- Paradigm Talent Agency
- InDemand Talent
Vocals, bass, keyboards, guitar, mandolin, drums, trumpet, percussion, yangqin
As a Coldplay member, he is signed with Parlophone Records.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm (approx)
75 kg or 165 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Guy Berryman dated –
- Lindsay Lohan – American actress and singer, Lindsay Lohan and Guy Berryman were RUMORed to had fling with each other in the past.
- Joanna Briston (2004-2007) – British designer, Joanna Briston and Berryman got married in 2004. Joanna is Guy’s childhood sweetheart and they married in low key ceremony in the City of Westminster. They have 1 daughter, Nico (b. September 17, 2006). Their married life ended in 2007 after they took divorce.
- Helena Christensen (2007) – In 2007, Danish model Helena Christensen and Guy dated briefly. She is 10 years his senior.
- Keshia Gerrits (2012-Present) – Dutch model, Keshia Gerrits and Guy Berryman started dating in 2012. They got engaged in 2014. Keshia is 12 younger than him.
Race / Ethnicity
Several tattoos on forearms and chest.
Guy Berryman’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 38 in or 96.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
He has not endorsed any of the brands.
It is not known.
Best Known For
Being the bassist for the rock band Coldplay and supergroup Apparatjik.
As a Coldplay member, Guy released the first album Parachutes via Parlophone Records in July 2000.
The album received very good reviews. The standard edition of the album consisted of 10 songs.
It charted at #1 at UK, #2 in Australia and #51 in US music charts. Coldplay was able to sell 12 million copies of the album worldwide and was certified as 8x Platinum in Britain.
He hasn’t been to any of the TV shows and films.
There is no information about his workout routine and diet plan.
Guy Berryman Favorite Things
Guy Berryman Facts
- Guy plays the bass guitar right-handed, being a left-handed person.
- Apart from being a musician, he is also an avid photographer. His pictures have been featured in 2009 album Foot of the Mountain by A-Ha.
- He generally roams around the venue, right past the fans, before giving a performance (just when before the show is about to start).
- Guy commenced his career in 1995 as a musician.
- He dropped out of college twice – first from an engineering degree and then from an architectural degree.
- Guy’s Coldplay bandmates were still pursuing college, when he dropped out.
- To earn some money while he was practicing music, he worked at a local London pub as a barman.
- When Guy was promoting Coldplay’s third album, X&Y with his bandmates, he took their pictures with the disposable camera and then threw the pictures and camera towards the audience.
- After Chris Martin and Jonny Buckland, Guy Berryman was the third man to join the Coldplay band of 4 persons.
- Guy is called “dark horse” by his Coldplay members.
- Earlier, Guy used to run a clothing shop “Jezebell” in London. It closed after it started incurring losses.
- Berryman also takes interest in marathon running.
- He supports football team Raith Rovers F.C.
- He has a vintage retro style jukebox.
- His worth was estimated at £25 million in 2008 by MSN UK.
- Guy is not on social media.