Gwen Renée Stefani
Fullerton, California, U.S.
Stefani went to Loara High School in Anaheim, California and graduated in 1987. Post that, she attended Fullerton College in Fullerton, California and finally enrolled herself into California State University, Fullerton.
Singer, songwriter, fashion designer, actress
- Father – Dennis Stefani (Worked as a Yamaha marketing executive)
- Mother – Patti (née Flynn) (Homemaker; Has also worked as an accountant)
- Siblings – Jill (Younger Sister), Todd (Younger Brother), Eric Matthew Stefani (Older Brother) (Keyboardist, Animator, Songwriter)
Gwen Stefani is signed to several agencies –
- Azoff Music Management
- MOB Agency
- Primary Talent International
Pop, dance-pop, synthpop, hip hop, new wave, R&B
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gwen Stefani dated –
- Tony Kanal (1987-1993) – Gwen started dating singer Tony Kanal in 1987 secretly. When Tony’s band No Doubt performed in 1987, they met and she tried to kiss him when the two of these were on a walk. The other band members were against the relationship as they treated Gwen as their sister, but Tony gave the relationship a shot. Gwen wanted to have a baby with him. The duo split in 1993 when No Doubt was working on their third studio album.
- Gavin Rossdale (1995-2015) – In December 1995, Stefani started dating English musician Gavin Rossdale. After six years of dating, the couple got engaged on January 1, 2002 and subsequently married on September 14, 2002. The couple welcomed three children after that – sons Kingston James McGregor (b. May 26, 2006), Zuma Nesta Rock Rossdale (b. August 21, 2008), and Apollo Bowie Flynn Rossdale (b. February 28, 2014). The couple separated in July 2015 after being in a relationship for 20 years and she filed for divorce on August 3, 2015.
- Blake Shelton (2015-Present) – In November 2015, singers Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani started dating each other. They met while appearing together on the singing reality show The Voice.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Italian American ancestry on her dad’s side while she has Irish, Norwegian, and Scottish ancestry on her mother’s side.
She is naturally a “Brunette.”
But, she dyed them “Platinum Blonde” when she was in ninth grade in late 1994.
- Platinum blonde hair
- Midriff baring clothes
- Fashionable style
33-23-34 in or 84-58.5-84 cm
2 (US) or 32 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
Gwen appeared in the TV commercials for –
- The ONE Campaign (Public Service Announcement) (2004)
- HP Canada (2007)
- L’Oreal Paris’ mascara (2011)
- Master Card
- HTC Windows Phone 8X
Stefani has also appeared in print ads for –
- L’Oreal Paris’ hair color (2011-2012)
- L’Oreal Paris’ mascara (2011-2012)
- L’Oreal Infallible Le Gloss lipstick (2011-2012)
Best Known For
Her musical contributions such as Hollaback Girl, The Sweet Escape, Rich Girl and others.
As a solo artist, Stefani released her debut album Love. Angel. Music. Baby. on November 23, 2004 via Interscope Records. It charted at #1 in Australia, #4 in UK, #5 in U.S.A., #3 in Canada, etc. She was able to sell 7 million copies worldwide. The standard version of the album consists of 12 singles, giving it a total length of about 49 minutes.
As a part of rock band, No Doubt, Stefani’s debut album was The Beacon Street
Collection released in March 1995. This album was No Doubt’s second studio album because Gwen joined the band in 1994, which was originally formed in 1986.
In 2001, Gwen had a cameo role in the action comedy film Zoolander as herself.
First TV Show
In 1996, she appeared on the sketch comedy series Saturday Night Live as a musical guest. Until 2006, she has appeared in 5 episodes.
Gwen has taken help from her former personal trainer, Mike Heatlie.
To get the overall body Gwen has, Mike recommends doing the high-intensity weight training coupled with cardio workout, which should not be done for more than 75 minutes per session and 4-8 sessions per week is the suggested schedule.
Regarding diet, Mike suggests not to eat much carbohydrates like pasta, white bread, etc, if you are looking to lose weight or maintain the lost weight. Though, you can have cheat days, where you can relish your favorite foods like pizza, French fries, burger, etc.
You can also read more about her workout and diet here.
Gwen Stefani Favorite Things
- Shoes – Pierre Hardy
- Blazer – Maison Martin Margiela
- Album – Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me (By The Cure)
- Top – Vince
- Lipstick – L’Oréal Paris
- Wallet – Comme des Garçons
Source – Harper’s Bazaar
Gwen Stefani Facts
- Gwen was born in Fullerton but grew up in Anaheim, California.
- Stefani’s first name has been taken from 1968 novel Airport. There was a stewardess after which Gwen was named. Similarly, her middle name was taken from hit song Walk Away Renée by The Left Banke.
- She cites the artists The Selecter, The Cure, Prince, Red Hot Chili Peppers as her music influencers.
- Since an early age, she was exposed to folk music due to her parents’ liking towards this music.
- In 2008, Stefani was the 10th highest paid music personality in the world with $27 million earnings.
- Her singing voice has been described as mezzo-soprano.
- At the People Magazine 2014 Awards, she was honored with the Style Icon Award.
- She has done swimming in her high school as she was a part of the swimming team.
- She joined the rock band, No Doubt in 1994.
- She is dyslexic.
- Fashion designer John Galliano designed her wedding dress.
- Her older brother, Eric used to play keyboard for No Doubt.
- There are many music artists, who have taken inspiration from Gwen. Some of them are Rita Ora, Katy Perry, Sky Ferreira, Rihanna, and Marina and the Diamonds.
- Visit her official website @ gwenstefani.com.
- Hear more about Gwen on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube VEVO, iTunes, and MySpace.