Maria Halle Berry
Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.
Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
She graduated from Bedford High School in Bedford, Ohio.
Berry then went to Cuyahoga Community College in Cuyahoga County, Ohio.
Actress, former model
- Father – Jerome Jesse Berry (Hospital Attendant; later he became a bus driver)
- Mother – Judith Ann (née Hawkins) (Psychiatric Nurse)
- Siblings – Heidi Berry-Henderson (Older Sister)
- Others – Nellie Dicken (Maternal Grandmother), Earl Ellsworth Hawkins (Maternal Grandfather)
She is signed to Vincent Cirrincione Talent Management.
5 ft 5½ in or 166 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Halle Berry dated –
- David Justice (1992-1997) – In April 1992, Halle started dating baseball player, David Justice. Soon on December 31, 1992, the duo married each other. They remained happily married for more than 3 years and separated in 1996. On June 24, 1997, their divorce was finalised.
- Shemar Moore (1997-1998) – She dated actor Shemar Moore for couple of months from 1997 to 1998.
- Eric Benét (1999-2005) – After separating from Moore, Halle commenced dating singer Eric Benét in 1999. On August 14, 1997, the duo engaged each other. The couple married on January 24, 2001. The marriage didn’t go far and they split in September 2003. The divorce was finalised on January 3, 2005.
- Fred Durst (2003) – She was RUMORed to had fling with musician Fred Durst in October 2003.
- Steve Jones (2003) – In November 2003, Berry was RUMORed to had an encounter with Welsh talk show host, Steve Jones.
- Michael Ealy (2004-2005) – From July 2004 to October 2005, she was romantically linked to another actor Michael Ealy.
- Gabriel Aubry (2005-2010) – This time, she started dating Canadian model, Gabriel Aubry in December 2005. However, they met a month before, in November 2005 during a Versace photoshoot. The couple separated in April 2010. During this time, Halle gave birth to the couple’s daughter Nahla Ariela (born – March 16, 2008).
- Olivier Martinez (2010-Present) – French actor, Olivier Martinez and Halle Berry became an item in August 2010. They met during the filming of “Dark Tide” in South Africa. In January 2012, the couple engaged each other. The very next year, on July 13, 2013, Olivier and Halle married in France. They have a son together, named Maceo-Robert (born – October 5, 2013).
Race / Ethnicity
She has English and German ancestry on her mother’s side, while she is of African American descent on her father’s side.
- Mixed ethnicity
- Short hair
36-26-37 in or 91.5-66-94 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
She has appeared in several television commercials –
- M&Ms Candy (1999)
- Revlon (2001-2003)
- Pepsi-Cola Twist (2001-2002)
- TNN’s “James Bond for the 21st Century” (with Pierce Brosnan) (2002)
- Martin Luther King Memorial Project (2003)
- Deichmann, Germany (2012)
She has also appeared in Revlon’s print ads for various products.
Other print ads include that of Versace (2006), and Army Air Force Exchange Service (2004).
It seems that she does not practice any religion.
Best Known For
Playing Patience Phillips / Catwoman in the superhero film Catwoman (2004), as Giacinta ‘Jinx’ Johnson in Die Another Day (2002), as Ororo Munroe / Storm in X-Men film series (2000, 2003, 2006, 2014), as Zola Taylor in Why Do Fools Fall in Love (1998).
Berry appeared in the 1991 drama film Jungle Fever for her role as Vivian.
First TV Show
In 1989, Halle played the role as Emily Franklin in the situation comedy Living Dolls. She appeared in a total of 13 episodes.
She is a follower of Harley Pasternak’s 5 Factor Diet, according to which she eats 5 meals a day after regular intervals.
She also follows 3-2-1 workout method and executes exercises for 25 minutes a day. Check out her workout routine and diet plan.
Halle Berry Favorite Things
- Food – Grilled tuna teamed with garlic mashed potatoes
- Actresses – Dorothy Dandridge, Jodie Foster, Whoopi Goldberg
Halle Berry Facts
- Berry’s name was changed from “Maria Halle Berry” to “Halle Maria Berry” legally at the age of five.
- She got her name “Halle” from Halle’s Department Store, which was situated at her birthplace.
- She is type 2 diabetic.
- Halle has been titled with “Miss Ohio USA” in 1986, and “Miss Teen All American” in the year 1985.
- Halle has two dogs named Polly and Willy.
- Her parents separated when she was four years old. And, so Halle and her sister were raised by her mom.
- She was a cheerleader in her high school.
- Halle has worked in Higbee’s Department store previously.
- In 2003, she was placed #1 in People’s list of “50 Most Beautiful People in the World”.
- She prefers massage over facial.
- She likes to watch comedy movies rather than drama.
- Halle likes to purchase shoes (if compared to bags). She has 100s of shoes and Halle keeps them out of the box at the display so that she does not forget that she owns them.
- She voiced the role as Patience Phillips / Catwoman in the 2004 video game “Catwoman: The Video Game”.
- She is not on social media.