Ashley Nicolette Frangipane
Washington, New Jersey, U.S.
Halsey has majored in creative writing from a community college.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Dante Frangipane (Younger Brother), Sevian Frangipane (Younger Brother)
She shared her mom and dad’s pic on Twitter on April 19, 2014.
Her career is managed by Jason Aron of Aron Projects.
She is signed to several agencies –
- Code Agency – Europe
- Paradigm Agency
- AM Only
Vocals, acoustic guitar
She can also play cello, violin, and viola.
Astralwerks, Capitol Records
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Halsey dated –
- Ashton Irwin – Halsey was RUMORed to had fling with Australian drummer of 5 Seconds of Summer band, Ashton Irwin in the past.
- LidoLido (2014) – Norwegian hip hop artist, rapper and producer, LidoLido dated Halsey in 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
She has African American ancestry on her father’s side while she is of Italian American descent on her mother’s side.
She keep changing her hair color by dying it with different colors.
- Multi-colored hair
- Numerous tattoos on the body
34-25-35 in or 86-63.5-89 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
Halsey has appeared in Taco Bell Bacon Mall commercial.
Best Known For
Her singles “New Americana” and “Ghost” from her debut album “Badlands.”
Halsey released her debut studio album Badlands on August 28, 2015 via Astralwerks and Capitol Records.
The album charted at #2 in US, and Australia, #3 in Ireland, Canada and New Zealand, #5 in Netherlands, etc.
The standard edition of album contains 11 tracks, which gives it a total length of 40:03 minutes.
Before this debut album, she had already released one Extended Play called Room 93 in October 2014.
She has not appeared in any of the films.
First TV Show
In 2015, she guest appeared at comedy musical talk show Last Call with Carson Daly as herself (Musical Guest) in two episodes titled “George Miller / Solomon Georgio / Halsey” and “Randall Park / Rose McIver / Halsey.”
Halsey’s workout routine and diet plan is not known. She though, does boxing in her free time to relieve stress.
Halsey Favorite Things
Halsey’s favorite things are not known.
- “Halsey,” her stage name is an anagram of her first name “Ashley.” Halsey is also a street in Brooklyn, where she had spent most of her time.
- At the age of 14, she started learning to play acoustic guitar.
- Taylor Swift‘s song ‘Fifteen’ is the first song, which Ashley learned to play on guitar.
- At 16 or 17, she was identified with bipolar disorder.
- To write one song, she generally takes somewhere from 20 minutes to 60 minutes.
- To make her both ends meet, Ashley started playing music when she turned 18.
- She is biracial, bipolar and bisexual. In short – “tri-bi.”
- Ashley had previously planned to major in fine arts, but didn’t go through due to financial problems.
- She first started out by posting songs on YouTube.
- She was the most talked about person at SxSW (South by Southwest) 2015 on Twitter.
- In 2012, after the release of her song “Ghost,” she got calls and meeting requests from lot many record labels and because all this happened so quickly, she had to take help from one of her friends who pretended to be her manager.
- She describes her style as “Sexy, androgynous, outer-space.”
- She once received a lighter from a fan.
- Halsey titles herself as Winona Ryder of the rap game.
- In 2015, Halsey produced a tribute to Will Smith‘s son, Jaden Smith with the help of her then boyfriend, Lido.
- She is an indie pop singer.
- While she was a kid, her dad used to listen to Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, Slick Rick, The Notorious B.I.G., and Tupac Shakur, while her mother used to listen to Alanis Morissette, Nirvana, The Cranberries, and The Cure. This influenced her music style and career.
- Visit her official website @ iamhalsey.com.
- Hear more from Halsey on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, SoundCloud, Google+, iTunes, SongKick, and YouTube VEVO.