Ian Joseph Somerhalder
Ian was born on December 8, 1978
Covington, Louisiana, USA
Ian attended St. Paul’s, a private Catholic school in Covington.
- Father - Robert Somerhalder (Independent building contractor)
- Mother – Edna Somerhalder (Massage Therapist)
- Siblings - Robert “Bob” Somerhalder (brother), Robyn Somerhalder (Sister)
5 ft 9½ in or 177 cm
71 kg or 156.5 pounds
Ian Somerhalder dated
- Kat Graham – Rumor – Switzerland born, American celebrity Kat, who follows cult religion was rumored to be dating with Ian.
- Kate Bosworth (August 2002 – December 2002) – Ian Somerhalder and Kate Bosworth met on the set of “Young Americans” in Spring 2000, and then they worked together on the flick “Rules of Attraction” in 2001. They only started dating in late summer 2002, though their romance reportedly only lasted a few months.
- Nicky Hilton (2004) – Nicky, sister of Paris Hilton, dated briefly with Ian from January to April 2004.
- Maggie Grace (2006-2007) – They had an on-screen appearance in 2004 in the show Lost and started dating in April 2006. But, this American blonde separated from him in 2007.
- Megan Auld (2007-2010) – American blonde had quite a long relationship with Ian. They started dating in 2007 and dated before calling it quits in February, 2010.
- Ashley Greene (2009) – In April 2009, they were seen together during a movie premiere and had a fling.
- Alena Gerber (2010) – Germany’s top model, actress and TV host had a fling with Ian in 2010.
- Nina Dobrev (March 2010 – Present) – Nina Dobrev is Somerhalder’s friend and co-star from the popular supernatural drama TV series The Vampire Diaries. They first met on this set in 2009 and started dating officially in March 2010. He is 10 years older than his girlfriend.
Bold Blue Eyes
Ian’s measurements are a guess, which can be as -
- Chest – 38″
- Biceps - 16″
- Waist – 30″
Guess?, Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci are the brands for which he modeled.
Best Known For
Playing Boone Carlyle in the TV drama Lost and Damon Salvatore in the TV drama The Vampire Diaries with Nina Dobrev.
1998 comedy-drama film written and directed by Woody Allen Celebrity is his first film. What kind of role he performed in this movie is not confirmed, even by wikipedia.
First TV Show
1987 American crime drama film The Big Easy was his debut television show. Actually, this film was chosen to be shown as the TV series in the form of 2 seasons from 1996 to 1997. He appeared in 1996 in season 1 and episode 1 titled The Black Bag for his role as IQ.
He hits the gym regularly and pushups, squats, burpees, and sit ups are common exercises for him. He credits his fitness to the prison workouts. He tweeted -
“Did a prison workout in piedmont park; said 94 degrees makes you melt like a snowball…helped clear mental clutter.”
He drinks green tea to enhance his workout sessions and brings them to perfection.
But, if you are drinking green tea, then don’t over indulge into this as it can cause problems like vomiting, headache, diarrhoea, etc.
Ian Somerhalder Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Fish
- Favorite TV Programs -Lost (2004-2010), The Vampire Diaries (2009-Present)
- Favorite Colors – Blue, Red, Yellow
- Favorite Song – 15 Step (by Radiohead)
- Favorite Film – The Graduate (1967)
- Favorite Actor – Sean Penn
- Favorite Sport – Soccer
- Favorite Book – Fifty Shades Of Grey (by E. L. James). It is a erotic novel published in 2011 by British author.
- Favorite Accessories – Fedora Hat, Sunglasses
Ian Somerhalder Facts
- He did modeling from age 10 to 13.
- Ian decided to go into acting when he was 17.
- He has 3 cats. Their names are – Miss Linx, Moke, and Thursday.
- He owns a pizza parlor in Idaho, USA.
- Paul Wesley, Michael Trevino, Steven R. McQueen, Kevin Williamson, Ryan Seacrest, Julie Plec, Joseph Morgan are his friends.
- In 2010, Ian was voted as the Sexiest Beast in an Entertainment Weekly Bracket Poll.
- He owns a charity called Ian Somerhalder Foundation.
- In 2010, he was presented with a donation of $11,100 by The Vampire Diaries fandom for his birthday project.
- His father is of French and English descent, while his mother is of Irish and Choctaw descent.
- He doesn’t like to talk much about his modeling career.
- Ironically, the first actor to be cast as one of the survivors in the famous TV series Lost.