Jack Andrew Garry Wilshere
Hitchin, North Hertfordshire District, Hertfordshire, England
Jack attended The Prior School (a coeducational secondary school in Hertfordshire, England). He was the captain of the soccer team who won the District Cup and County Cup for three years in a row starting from his 7th year to 10th year. He also won the Under 15s National Cup in his 8th year.
At the age of 9, back in October 2001, Wilshere joined the Arsenal Academy from where he started his official pursue of a soccer career.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Tom Wilshere (Brother), Rosie Ann Wilshere (Sister)
Jack is signed with Pele’s 10Ten Talent Management Company.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
150 lbs or 68 kg
Jack Wilshere dated –
- Lauren Neal (2009 – Present) – In 2009, Jack started dating Lauren Neal. The couple has two children, son Archie Jack Wilshere (born – September 29, 2011) and daughter Delilah Grace Wilshere (born – September 26, 2013).
Race / Ethnicity
- Playing style
- Great potential
Wilshere’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 40 in or 102 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Wilshere also showed up on UK and Ireland cover of FIFA 2012 together with Wayne Rooney.
Since November 2011, Jack is representing St John Ambulance.
Wilshere is a Christian.
Best Known For
Jack is known for his playmaking skills that made him one of the most perspective English midfielders in the last 10 years. His leadership, vision and passing skills on the soccer pitch are one of the best as described by Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger, who once said “Spanish technique, but an English heart” for Jack.
Wilshere is also known for playing one of the key roles both in Arsenal and in England national soccer team.
Wilshere hasn’t appeared in a movie yet.
Wilshere is definitely one of the most physically prepared players in the whole Premiere League.
His athletic build and work ethics are the two aspects which make Jack a real threat to his opponents on the pitch.
He is known for his energy and his ability to really put lots of hours in hard work and dedication.
You may want to check how Wilshere prepared for his comeback after his ankle injury on Daily Mail UK.
Jack Wilshere Favorite Things
- Stadium – Shakhtar Donetsk
- Arsenal Chant – “Super Jack Wilshere”
Sources – Daily Mail UK
Jack Wilshere Facts
- He was first noticed while he was a part of the Arsenal’s youth academy.
- He debuted in Arsenal’s first team in 2008 as the youngest player who has ever played in the league with only 16 years and 256 days of age.
- Wilshere served as a part of the national team of England for under 16 team, under 17 team, under 19 team and under 21 team.
- Jack had his debut in the senior national team at the age of 18, when England played against Hungary. He became the 10th youngest player who has debuted in the senior national team.
- He scored his first goal while playing an official match for Arsenal in his team’s victory against Sheffield United in the Football League Cup.
- Jack signed his first professional contract in January 2009.
- Wilshere got his number 10 after Robin van Persie was transferred to Manchester United.
- On November 27, 2014, Wilshere got injured in a game against Manchester United, a match in which Arsenal lost by 2-1. He was sidelined for three months and went through an ankle surgery.
- Jack is left handed.
- Dani Alves, the Brazilian defender, commented on Jack Wilshere as a great player and compared him to players such as Andres Iniesta and Xavi. The German football star, Bastian Schweinsteiger referred to Jack as one of the best midfielders, while Marco Reus said that Jack is a perfect player in his eyes.
- His family members are an avid fan of West Ham, while Wilshere started supporting Arsenal’s “The Gunners” when he was 9.
- He is great friends with Benik Afobe. They both grew as players while they were a part of Arsenal Academy.
- Follow Jack on his Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.