Andrew James Matfin Bell
Billingham, County Durham, England
Jamie Bell went to Northfield School in Thames Street in his hometown.
To improve his acting skills, he was enrolled by his mother in the local arm of the famous Stagecoach Theatre Arts. When he passed the audition to play the role of Billy Elliot, he altogether dropped out of school.
He further honed his stage skills by becoming the member of National Youth Music Theatre. He also used to go to ballet classes with his older sister Kathryn.
- Father – John Bell (Toolmaker)
- Mother – Eileen Matfin
- Siblings – Kathryn Matfin Bell (Older Sister)
Jamie Bell is represented by United Talent Agency.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jamie Bell dated –
- Amy Derova – Jamie Bell had a short lived affair with the Russian actress and model Amy Derova in the past.
- Evan Rachel Wood (2005–2006 and 2011–2014) – Jamie started going out with American actress Evan Rachel Wood after having met at Sundance festival and later starred together in the music video of Wake Me Up When September Ends. They had even got matching tattoos but their relationship didn’t last long as they separated in 2006. Wood soon started dating rocker Marilyn Manson. However, they split in 2010 and she reignited her relationship with Bell by the start of 2011. They got married in October 2012 and their son was born almost year later in July 2013. However, their marriage didn’t last long as they announced separation on May 28, 2014.
- Kate Mara (2015-Present) – Jamie started dating American actress Kate Mara in 2015 after having got close while shooting for the movie Fantastic Four. Their relationship was made public in October 2015, when they were spotted kissing while shopping in SoHo neighborhood of New York City.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blue Eyes
- Typical English Boy looks
Jamie Bell’s body specification may be –
- Chest – 38 in or 96.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 31 in or 79 cm
Jamie Bell hasn’t done endorsement for any major brands yet.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
His work in movies such as Billy Elliot (2000), Fantastic Four (2015), The Adventures of Tintin (2011), etc.
He is also known for playing Abraham Woodhull in period drama series Turn: Washington’s Spies.
Jamie Bell made his film debut in dance drama movie Billy Elliot in 2000 in which he played the title role.
First TV Show
He made his first TV appearance in Close & True as Mark Sheedy in 1 episode.
Jamie Bell isn’t a big fan of gym workouts. He attributes his toned and muscular physique to his excellent metabolism and his love for tap dancing.
Jamie also likes to go on a jog every once in a while.
Jamie Bell Favorite Things
- Drink – Yazoo banana milkshakes
- Song – Here I Go Again (By Whitesnake)
- British Soccer Team – Arsenal
Source – GQ Magazine, YouTube, IMDb
Jamie Bell Facts
- In 1999, at the age of 13, he defeated over 2000 applicants to bag the role of Billy Elliot for his debut movie.
- Jamie doesn’t like to watch any of his works because he always ends up being disappointed and if he likes his performance, then he worries about hitting plateau.
- Jamie is a loyal fan of English soccer club, Arsenal FC.
- If he hadn’t become an actor, he would have loved to work as a sports journalist.
- After arriving in United States, he became an avid baseball fan and has developed a hobby of collecting jerseys of the baseball teams.
- Jamie Bell auditioned for the role of Spiderman for the reboot of the superhero series. The role ultimately went to Andrew Garfield.
- He didn’t had to do much acting for his monumental role in Billy Elliot as the character was very similar to him, back then.
- The English producer and director, Stephen Daldry served as a father figure in his early teens and even taught him how to shoot and drive.
- He loves tap dancing more than ballet and has participated in a number of professional competitions, winning handful of those.
- Jamie’s dad divorced his mom well before his birth and he has never met him in person.
- Jamie Bell is an amateur guitarist and can play songs by Radiohead and Black Keys.
- He is a firm supporter of the LGBT group rights and was a constant presence alongside ex-wife Evan Rachel Wood at pro LGBT rallies.
- Follow Jamie Bell on Twitter.