Jason Thomas Mraz
Mechanicsville, Virginia, U.S.
Jason attended Lee-Davis High School in Mechanicsville, Virginia and The American Musical and Dramatic Academy (AMDA) in New York.
Singer, songwriter, musician
- Father – Tom (Tomáš) Mraz
- Mother – June Tomes Mraz
- Siblings –
He is signed to Bil Silva Management.
Pop rock, alternative rock, blue-eyed soul, reggae, surf rock
Vocals, banjo, guitar, mandola, mandolin, piano, ukulele
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
72 kg or 159 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jason Mraz dated –
- Sheridan Edley (2001) – In 2001, Jason was romantically linked to makeup artist, Sheridan Edley. They were also married briefly in 2001, but divorced afterwards.
- Colbie Caillat (2008) – Jason had fling with singer Colbie Caillat in September 2008.
- Vanessa Marano – He hooked up with actress Vanessa Marano when they were making music together.
- Tristan Prettyman (2009-Present) – The singers started dating in 2009. After dating for a reasonable amount of time, they engaged in December 2010 (just before Christmas). They are still seeing each other.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Czech ancestry through his grandfather’s side.
- Often wears hat
- Quick witted, clever, and fast paced lyrics
- Performs barefoot (though infrequently)
Jason Mraz’s plausible body specifications are –
- Chest – 40 in or 102 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
His shoe size is not known.
Mraz has appeared in number of commercials such as Overstock, Coca Cola, and others.
In November 2011, he teamed up with Asus and Intel to announce a campaign titled “In search for incredible”, which encourages people to come up with their creative ideas.
He has not spoken about his religious beliefs publicly.
Best Known For
His work in the music industry and hit singles such as The Remedy (I Won’t Worry) (2002), I’m Yours (2008) likewise.
Jason released his debut album titled Waiting for My Rocket to Come on October 15, 2002 by Elektra Records. The 50 minute long album charted at #55 in USA and was certified as “Platinum” by RIAA. About 1 million copies of the albums were sold in U.S.
Mraz has not done any of the films.
First TV Show
In 2004, Jason appeared in the musical drama TV series American Dreams to play Dion in an episode titled “Stewart’s Charge”.
He likes to eat mostly vegan. He blogged it that after eating vegan foods, he feels more productive and stronger, can think better, feels more stronger while exercising. More at his blog.
Jason Mraz Favorite Things
- Food – Vital Green
- Cafe – Cafe Gratitude in LA
Source – Jason Mraz
Jason Mraz Facts
- Jason’s surname is in Czech. It is the Czech name for “frost”.
- Jason’s parents divorced when he was four years old.
- He was formerly a cheerleader.
- Jason is the owner of an avocado farm in Bonsall in Northern San Diego County.
- He is a gay-marriage advocate.
- Jason is the 2010 SIMA Humanitarian of the Year.
- He was featured in the Visit California promotional film in 2011, which aimed at increasing tourism from UK.
- Mraz supports a number of charities including Free the Children, Life Rolls On, MusiCares, Save The Music Foundation (of VH1), SPARC, Human Rights Campaign.
- He became the first international artist to perform publicly in Myanmar (Burma) on December 16, 2012.
- Visit his official website @ jasonmraz.com.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, and MySpace.