Joan is currently 26 according to her birth date 11 July, 1988
Fashion and Runway Model
- IMG Models – New York
- IMG Models – Paris
- IMG Models – London
- IMG Models – Milan
5 ft 10.5 in or 179 cm
51 kg or 112 pounds
Joan Smalls dated –
- Bernard Smith (2011-Present) – Since 2011, Joan is dating American businessman, Bernard Smith.
32.5-24-34 in or 83-61-87 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
9.5 (US) or 41 (EU) or 7 (UK)
Joan has appeared in many advertisements including Calvin Klein Jeans, Chanel, Cop-Copine, David Yurman, Dillard’s, Estée Lauder, Giambattista Valli for Macy’s, Givenchy, Givenchy eyewear, Gucci, Gucci eyewear, Lacoste, Liz Claiborne, Neiman Marcus, Ports 1961, Rag & Bone, Ralph Lauren, Roberto Cavalli, Stella McCartney
Best Known For
No. 1 Model since 1 September, 2012 according to Models.com
Joan has not acted in any film.
First TV Show
Till now, she has appeared only in Fashion Shows. Joan appeared in Ready to wear – Spring /Summer 2008 and other fashion shows as well.
Mark Gordon. Joan started working with Gordon 4 years ago. She do not diet, so, she goes to gym everyday for an hour (before any swimwear photoshoot). She has scoliosis (abnormal curving of the spine cord). So, Gordon makes an appropriate schedule for her which includes strength training, interval exercises, cardio and targeted exercises for abs and buns. See her full workout routine, diet plan and beauty secrets.
Joan Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Spanish
- Favorite Restaurant – Her Kitchen
- Favorite Perfume – Tom Ford’s Black Orchid
- Favorite Beauty Products – Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair, Daily moisturizer with SPF 15, and Sumptuous Mascara
- Favorite Lipgloss – Estee Lauder Nude Rose Lipgloss
- Favorite Photographer – Steven Meisel, Mario Sorrenti, Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott
- Favorite Place – Tanzania, Africa
- Favorite Fashion Designers – Riccardo Tisci, Frida Giannini, Alexander Wang, Prabal Gurung and Rag & Bone
- Favorite Shoe Designer – Christian Louboutin and Tabitha Simmons
- Joan Smalls was featured alongside Bruno Mars in Vogue 2011 edition.
- Joan Smalls started modeling for Victoria’s Secret and has appeared in 2011 Fashion Show.
- Some of her friends are Bobbi Wiens, Danielle Hamm, Shelby Coleman, Lea T.
- According to models.com, Joan Smalls is the world’s no. 1 model since 1 September, 2012.
- She has a pet named, Mr. Grey (cat). She left her pet cat at her parents house in Puerto Rico.
- She wants that Riccardo Tisci from Givenchy should design her wedding dress.
- Being a model, her everyday is unpredictable as she need to travel to different place for fashion shows, which she likes it.
- Joan has appeared in Ricky Martin’s “It’s Alright” video.
- She spent her first hard earned money for buying a car for her father.
- Joan Smalls was selected to walk the ramp exclusively for Givenchy Spring 2010 couture show.
Source – Huffington Post