Jonathan Michael Francis O’Keeffe
Jonny, Johnny, JRM, Jon
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
London, England, UK
He studied at North Monastery Christian Brothers School in Ireland from where he was expelled at the age of 16.
On October 5, 2008, the actor was given an Honorary Patronage by the Trinity College Philosophical Society in Dublin.
Actor, model, film producer
- Father – John O’Keeffe (Folk Musician)
- Mother – Mary Geraldine “Geri” O’Keeffe (née Myers) (Community Worker) (Died on November 20, 2007)
- Siblings – Ali O’Keeffe (Younger Brother) (Actor, musician), Jamie O’Keeffe (Younger Brother) (Actor, musician), Paul O’Keeffe (Brother), Sharon (Half Sister), Maria (Half Sister)
- Others – Dylan O’Keeffe (Nephew)
He is managed by –
- 42 Management
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners
5 ft 9¾ in or 177 cm
72 kg or 159 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jonathan Rhys Meyers dated –
- Marinika Smirnova – There were RUMORs about a short romantic stint between Jonathan and Russian actress Marinika.
- Katie Larmour – Jonathan and model Katie Larmour allegedly had a small stint.
- Toni Collette (1998-1999) – Jonathan Rhys Meyers and actress Toni Collette started dating in 1998. They were in a relationship for about one year and split in 1999.
- Cha Cha Seigne (2000-2003) – Jonathan and actress Cha Cha Seigne started dating in 2000 and got engaged. They ended their engagement and split in early 2003.
- Lisa Butcher (2003) – Jonathan and British model Lisa Butcher started dating in 2003 and their romantic relationship did not last for more than couple of months as they split in the same year. Jonathan was madly in love with Lisa.
- Reena Hammer (2004-2012) – The actor started seeing English businesswoman Reena Hammer in 2004. Reema was the daughter of make-up artist Ruby Hammer. The two were together for a long time and supported each other through all thick and thin in life. They finally called it quits in 2012.
- Katie McGrath (2007) – He had fling with actress Katie McGrath in 2007.
- Victoria Keon-Cohen (2012) – Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Australian model Victoria Keon-Cohen started dating in February 2012 and broke off in December 2012.
- Mara Lane (2014–Present) – The actor started dating American actress Mara Lane in 2014. The two announced their engagement in 2015. They are a lovey dovey couple and are spotted together quite often.
Race / Ethnicity
- Fashion sense
- Blue eyes
His body measurements may be –
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
10 (US) or 43 (EU)
He did modeling for Club Monaco’s Fall / Winter collection in 2001. He was seen in a commercial for Knorr Soup.
Jonathan modeled for Versace men’s Autumn/Winter collection 2006 and Spring collection 2007. He was the first celebrity to become the brand ambassador of Hugo Boss men’s fragrance from 2006 to 2011.
Best Known For
Jonathan’s tryst with fame began with Velvet Goldmine in 1998. He continued his success streak with movies including Mission: Impossible III (2006), Bend It Like Beckham (2002), and Match Point (2005).
He is also known for playing the role of Elvis Presley in the Elvis TV film in 2005 and King Henry VII in the television series The Tudors from 2007 to 2010.
The first acting break of Jonathan was at 15 when he got paid 500 pounds for this commercial assignment.
His first movie as an actor was A Man of No Importance (1994) in which he played the role of First Young Man.
First TV Show
His first TV appearance was in the BBC series Gormenghast in 2000 where he played the role as Steerpike in all the 4 episodes. The show was based on the novel Gormenghast series.
He does not have a personal trainer and his fitness can be credited to some exercising and eating less.
Jonathan Rhys Meyers Favorite Things
- Actor – Joaquin Phoenix, Cillian Murphy
- Sports – Soccer
- Restaurant – La Rosa in Rome
- Bands – Broken Social Scene, Kings of Leon, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Jonathan Rhys Meyers Facts
- As a kid, Jonathan wanted to be a priest.
- He spent some of his childhood in an orphanage.
- He is a musician too and can play guitar. His first movie in which he played both as an actor and musician was Velvet Goldmine (1998). He provided vocals for three songs of the film’s complete soundtrack titled Baby’s on Fire, Tumbling Down, and Sebastian.
- In 2005, he was admitted in a rehab center where he was treated for abuse of an undetected substance.
- For his role in the 2005 Woody Allen movie Match Point, he was honored at the Cannes Film Festival with a Chopard Trophy.
- He was chosen as the celebrity ambassador for The Hope Foundation, a charity foundation based in Cork, in February 2008.
- He has gone to rehab more than three times.
- Actor Johnny Depp is his idol.
- He bagged the ‘Best Actor’ Golden Globe Award for playing Elvis Presley in a miniseries for CBS and was also nominated for an Emmy Award.
- The actor was punished and fined €1,000 in November 2011 by a French court as a judgement for his public intoxication.
- His middle name “Rhys” is pronounced as “Reese”.
- For his 20 years of contribution to the TV and Film industry, he bagged The Irish Post Legend Award on October 23, 2014 at the London Hilton on Park Lane.
- The Cosmopolitan Magazine ranked him at No. 34 in the “100 Most Sexiest Men in the World” list.
- He contended among over 200 actors to bag the role of Elvis Presley in 2005 TV film Elvis.
- He is good friends with actors Stuart Townsend and Annabelle Wallis.
- You can follow him on Twitter.