Jordin Brianna Sparks
Jo Jo, Jordin Speezy
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Sparks attended Northwest Community Christian School in Phoenix until the eighth grade. For her freshman year (in 2006), she attended Sandra Day O’Connor High School. To better focus on her singing career, she opted to educate herself via homeschooling, post that.
Singer, songwriter, actress
- Father – Phillippi Sparks (Former professional football player)
- Mother – Jodi (née Weidmann) Sparks
- Siblings – Phillippi “PJ” Sparks, Jr. (Younger Brother) (Footballer at University of North Dakota)
Dance pop, R&B, pop
Louder Than Life, 19, Jive, RCA, RED Associated Labels
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
64 kg or 141 pounds
Jordin Sparks dated –
- Blake Lewis (2006-2008) – Blake and Jordin were the two finalist for the sixth season of American Idol and that is where they met first time in late 2006. They were RUMORed to be an item until 2008.
- Steph Jones (2008-2010) – From March 2008 to November 2010, they were dating together. It was also reported by news website Aceshowbiz that the couple had secretly married in April 2008.
- Romeo Miller (2011) – She was RUMORed to be dating singer Romeo in 2011.
- Jason Derulo (2011-2014) – She started dating fellow singer Jason Derulo in August 2011. They were together for three years before calling it quits in September 2014.
- Sage the Gemini (2015-Present) – In February 2015, Jordin commenced dating rapper Sage the Gemini. They are still together. The relationship status was confirmed by E Online.
Race / Ethnicity
Jordin’s father is African-American while her mother is Caucasian.
36-28-36 in or 91.5-71-91.5 cm
She wears a shoe of size 11. (via Tweetwood)
“Because of You…”, a perfume which she endorsed in 2010. She has also released other perfumes like Fascinate, Ambition.
She is the spokesmodel of Avon of their line Mark.
Best Known For
Winning the season 6 of American Idol in 2007 (when she was 17).
In November 2007, Jordin Sparks released her debut studio self titled album via Jive Records. It is over approximately 45 minutes long in the basic version and about 1 hour long in deluxe edition. It was certified as Platinum in USA and Gold in Australia, England, and Canada by selling 2 million copies worldwide.
Jordin starred in 2012 American musical film Sparkle for her role as Sparkle Anderson.
First TV Show
She first appeared in American reality-singing competition American Idol in 2007, which was the sixth season. She ended up winning the show.
She started working with a personal trainer in 2009, when she was on a tour with Jonas Brothers. She started slowly by just walking at a slow pace in the vicinity of her house and gradually increased her time, and speed in this cardio exercise. She also did mountain climbing. With all these, she lost 50 pounds weight in 2012 and can now fit in a bikini.
In addition to the cardiovascular exercises, she had also taken Zumba classes with her mother. The singer made little changes in her diet. Jordin eats granola and yogurt in breakfast. Read more about her fitness story.
Jordin Sparks Favorite Things
- Food – Pickles, Chocolate (Toblerone brand)
- Color – Orange
- Basketball Players – Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire, Shawn Marion, Leandro Barbosa
Source – Ace ShowBiz, Tweetwood, Foodista
Jordin Sparks Facts
- She is the winner of American Idol season 6.
- Jordin is the youngest contestant ever to won the American Idol in its series history. She was 17 at that time.
- She is also the first mixed race person (or multiracial ethnicity) to win the TV show American Idol.
- She launched her own clothing line with the name “Sparks” by teaming with Wet Seal in late 2008.
- Jordin is also the winner of a modeling competition for plus size clothing brand Torrid.
- The dress, which she wore in American Idol’s finale was made by Mark Badgley and James Mischka of Badgley Mischka.
- She started watching American Idol at the age of 12, which she treats as a training for her. She credits her music influences to Beyonce Knowles, Honsa, Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera, and Justin Timberlake.
- She loves everything with “errie” in it like strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, etc.
- Visit her official website @ www.jordinsparks.com
- Connect with Jordan on her Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and MySpace.