Joshua Daniel Hartnett
St. Paul, Minnesota, U.S.
Josh attended Nativity of Our Lord Catholic School in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
Subsequently, he went to Cretin-Derham Hall in St. Paul Minnesota.
In June 1996, Josh graduated from South High School in Minneapolis. Finally, Josh attended New York’s SUNY Purchase.
Actor, film producer
- Father – Daniel Thomas Hartnett (Building Manager)
- Mother – Wendy Anne (née Kronstedt)
- Siblings – Jake Hartnett (Younger Step-Brother), Joe Hartnett (Younger Step-Brother), Jessica Hartnett (Younger Step-Sister)
- Others – Molly (Stepmother) (Artist)
6 ft 3 in or 191 cm
87 kg or 192 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Josh Hartnett dated –
- Kirsten Dunst (2004) – Around mid 2004, actress Kirsten Dunst was RUMORed to be dating Josh in mid 2004 when they were seen kissing and cuddling each other at a Los Angeles night spot. They however had met on the set of The Virgin Suicides for the first time in 1999.
- Daria Werbowy (2004) – Ukrainian Canadian model, Daria Werbowy and Josh had a brief romance in October 2004.
- Scarlett Johansson (2005-2007) – Actress Scarlett Johansson and Josh were seen in a serious relationship during their time from July 2005 to 2007. They called it quits because they were too busy in their careers.
- Amber Sainsbury (2006) – New Zealand actress, Amber Sainsbury and Josh who met on the set of 2007 film”30 Days of Night” had a fling in 2006 on the set. At that time, he was still dating Scarlett.
- Gemma Ward (2007) – Australian fashion model, Gemma Ward and Hartnett had an encounter in 2007. They were celebrity guests of honor at V Magazine’s Halloween party held in New York.
- Sienna Miller (2007) – In January 2007, English actress Sienna Miller and Josh were having dinner together at Chateau Marmont in Hollywood, which sparked dating RUMORs.
- Penélope Cruz (2007) – Spanish actress, Penélope Cruz and Josh were RUMORed to had fling with each other in the summer of 2007.
- Rihanna (2007) – Barbadian singer, Rihanna met him at an event in October 2007 and started dating him. The romance didn’t last long and they couple broke up in December 2007.
- Mischa Barton (2008) – Irish-American actress, Mischa Barton and Hartnett’s dating RUMORs appeared when they were seen at the same London party in September 2008.
- Sophia Lie (2009-2011) – About 10 years his junior, Norwegian model Sophia Lie and Josh were an item from 2009 to 2011. They were seen everywhere from SoHo to Italy.
- Helena Christensen (2009) – Danish fashion model, Helena Christensen and Josh were RUMORed to be dating together. But, Helena put all the rumors to rest when she spoke to OK! Magazine about her relationship with Josh. They are only close friends.
- Katharina Damm (2010) – This time Josh sparked dating RUMORs with another Danish fashion model, Katharina Damm when they met at a party, where Josh was the host.
- Romina Ferrara (2010) – Another model, but this time based in Italy named, Romina Ferrara was RUMORed to had an encounter with Josh in July 2010 when they were pictured together at Ischia Global Film & Music Festival.
- Amanda Seyfried (2012) – From January 2012 to June 2012, actors Amanda Seyfried and Josh were an item. The relationship had become a long distance one when she went to film Les Miserables in London.
- Tamsin Egerton (2012) – English actress, Tamsin Egerton who is about 10 years his junior started dating Josh in July 2012. They had met for the first time on the set of 2013 film The Lovers. In December 2015, the couple welcomed their first baby.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Irish and German ancestry on his father’s side while he is of Swedish and Norwegian descent on his mother’s side.
- Towering height
- Deep baritone voice
- Birthmark on neck
Josh Hartnett’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 39 in or 99 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13.5 in or 34 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
His shoe size is speculated to be 11 (US).
Josh was raised Roman Catholic.
Best Known For
Playing Cpt Danny Walker in the 2001 romance action war film Pearl Harbor, as Staff Sergeant Matt Eversmann in the 2002 (limited release on December 28, 2011) war film Black Hawk Down and many others.
He first appeared in the 1998 short film Debutante for his role as Bill.
Josh’s first feature film was Halloween H20: 20 Years Later, a 1998 release where he played John Tate. He was also nominated for two awards for the film.
First TV Show
From 1997 to 1999, Josh played the main role as Michael “Fitz” Fitzgerald in the ABC’s crime drama series Cracker in 16 episodes.
His workout routine and diet plan is not known.
Josh Hartnett Favorite Things
- Book – On the Road (By Jack Kerouac), The People’s Act Of Love (By James Meek)
- Film Stars – Gwyneth Paltrow, Jimmy Stewart, Ethan Hawke
- Old Sitcoms – The Dukes of Hazzard (1979-1985), Lost in Space (1965-1968)
- Color – Blue
- Smell – The smell of ocean, rain, coffee in the morning
Source – Ace ShowBiz, The Guardian
Josh Hartnett Facts
- He was first considered for the role of Batman in the Batman trilogy, but the role was then offered to Christian Bale because Josh turned down the offer.
- Josh was primarily raised by his dad and stepmom.
- He auditioned for a role in the film Remember the Titans (2000).
- Actress Rachael Leigh Cook and TV host / interior designer Genevieve Gorder were his batchmates at Minneapolis South High School.
- While in high school, he was actively playing football, but had to quit after an injured left knee.
- Josh has been named Bliss magazine’s 3rd sexiest male.
- He is a big fan of jazz music.
- Hartnett is good friends with actors Ben Affleck and Jason Isaacs.
- His great uncle was physicist at University of Minnesota and he was also involved in the NASA’s Gemini program.
- He was previously a vegetarian and chosen by PETA as the World’s Sexiest Vegetarian in 2003.
- Becoming a pessimist is his greatest fear.
- When he was two, he accidentally put boiling water on his left side and then had to rush to the nearest hospital. However, he was given a green lollipop during the treatment by the nurse.
- Jimmy Carter is the person, he admires most.
- Smoking is his most unappealing habit.
- If he would host a dinner party, he would definitely invite Salvador Dalí, Noam Chomsky (for keeping the conversation interesting), Hunter S Thompson, apart from his family members and friends.
- When was 17, he worked in a library where he had to make a pile of books to be sent to Africa. He feels that job to be most demanding ever.
- He feels he is an insomniac.
- He is not on social media.