Julia Fiona Roberts
Smyrna, Georgia, U.S.
Roberts attended Fitzhugh Lee Elementary School, and later Griffin Middle School, and finally to Campbell High School in Smyrna, Georgia.
Actress, executive producer
- Father – Walter Grady Roberts (1933-1977) (Died due to cancer)
- Mother – Betty Lou (née Bredemus) (born – 1934)
- Siblings – Eric Roberts (Older Brother) (Actor), Lisa Roberts Gillan (Sister) (Actress), Nancy Motes (Younger Half Sister) (Died – February 9, 2014)
- Others – Emma Roberts (Niece) (Actress, singer), Michael Motes (Stepfather), Eileen Sellars (Stepfather)
Julia is signed to Click Modeling Agency.
She used to play clarinet while in school band.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
58 kg or 128 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Julia Roberts dated –
- Lyle Lovett (1993-1995) – On June 1 1993, Julia started dating 10 years her senior, Lyle Lovett, who is a country musician by profession. Just after couple of weeks, the duo engaged on June 24, 1993. After three days, they married at St. James Lutheran Church in Marion, Indiana. In March 1995, the couple separated.
- Daniel Day-Lewis (1995) – Soon after that, in 1995 only, Julia dated British actor Daniel Day-Lewis.
- Ethan Hawke (1995) – The two actors were RUMORed to be dating in 1995.
- Matthew Perry (1995-1996) – Julia and Matthew first met on the set of popular TV series “Friends” in 1995. They started dating in that year and splitted in 1996. They were spotted together many a times in LA.
- Pat Manocchia (1996) – In 1996, she dated fitness guru Pat Manocchia.
- Benjamin Bratt (1998-2001) – From 1998 until mid 2001, the two actors were romantically linked to each other.
- George Clooney (2000) – She was RUMORed to had fling with George Clooney in 2000.
- Daniel Moder (2001-Present) – In 2001, Julia commenced dating American cinematographer Daniel Moder. However, they met back in 2000 on the set of the film The Mexican. After Daniel divorced from Vera Steimberg, Daniel and Julia married on July 4, 2002 in Taos, New Mexico at Roberts’ ranch. The couple has three children – Hazel Patricia Moder, Phinnaeus “Finn” Walter Moder; both born on November 28, 2004, and Henry Daniel Moder (born – June 18, 2007).
Race / Ethnicity
Julia is of English, Irish, German, Scottish, Swedish and Welsh descent.
Julia’s natural hair color is dark blonde. But, she likes to keep them in light brown shade.
Big megawatt smile
34-24-35 in or 87-61-89 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
She has endorsed number of brands such as America Online, L’Oreal, Lancôme, Nationwide Insurance, Gianfranco Ferré (received $5 millions), Caffè Lavazza, etc.
Her mother is a Roman Catholic, whereas her father was a Baptist.
Julia was also raised a Catholic.
Best Known For
Playing Vivian Ward in the 1990 romantic comedy Pretty Woman and as Shelby Eatenton Latcherie in the 1989 film Steel Magnolias.
Julia played the role as Babs in 1987 film Firehouse. Though, her role is uncredited.
First TV Show
In 1987, Roberts appeared in NBC’s drama series Crime Story for her role as Tracy in just 1 episode titled “The Survivor”.
She has worked with celebrity trainer Kathy Kaehler for over 2 decades.
Julia loves step aerobics and she does that three days a week with Kathy. Actually, Julia also calls some of her friends into her house and so, three to five people do aerobics. It helps to perform better during the workouts and acts as a motivator.
Julia also does some intensive body work (such as lunges, planks, push-ups, floor exercises, crunches and others) with another girl for couple of days a week.
Kathy advises Julia to eat low glycemic diet, which is a five day cleanse diet. Her lifestyle is really active.
Julia Roberts Favorite Things
- Bangles – Melinda Maria
- Mascara – Définicils Precious Cells
- Case – Coach cosmetic case
- Shampoo – Serge Normant Dry
- Rub – Bonnie’s Tasty Herb Rub
Source – Oprah
Julia Roberts Facts
- She has two pet dogs named Satchmo and Diego.
- Men’s Health included her in the list of “100 Hottest Women of All-Time” in 2011.
- Her parents married in 1965 and divorced in 1972 (However, it was filed in 1971). Julia’s mom subsequently married Michael Motes in 1972.
- Julia was 10 when her father died due to cancer.
- If she weren’t an actress, she would probably be a veterinarian (as she dreamt of that as a child).
- She is linked to several charities. One of them is UNICEF.
- Knitting is one of her favorite hobbies.
- She is believed to be born at Born at 12:16 AM (EST).
- She is the owner of a production company named “Red Om”. If you read it reversed, it reads as “Moder”, which is the last name of Julia’s husband Daniel.
- You may want to follow Julia on Twitter.