Julie M. Benz
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Julie graduated from Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville, Pennsylvania.
She has a degree from New York University in acting, which she achieved in 1993.
- Father – George Benz (Surgeon)
- Mother – Joanne Benz (Past figure skater)
- Siblings – Jeffrey Benz (Older Brother), Jennifer Benz (Older Sister)
- Other – Tim Benz (Cousin)
Artist and Brand Management
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
125 pounds or 56 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Julie Benz dated –
- Rich Orosco (2008-Present) – Julie has been in relationship with Rich Orosco since 2008. They got engaged in 2011 and soon after, they got married on May 5, 2012 in Los Angeles, California. Rich is an entertainment industry veteran. He has served as an executive producer of the World Boxing series, vice president of marketing at Warner Bros., and in the period from 2011-2012, he was the general manager of the Los Angeles Matadors (Boxing team part of the World Boxing series).
- John Kassir (1998-2008) – Before Rich Orosco, Julie was married to the American actor John Kassir, known for his roles in the movies “Pocahontas,” “Tales from the Crypt” and “Tales from the Crypt 2: Demon Knight.” Julie and John were married for 10 years from 1998 to 2008. They finally divorced in 2008.
Race / Ethnicity
Her natural hair color is Blonde.
She dyed her hair brunette for the movie “Punisher: War Zone” (2008).
- High pitched voice
- Great build
- Shiny smile
35-24-35 in or 89-61-89 cm
4 (US) or 8 (UK)
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU) or 25CM (JAP)
- In 2001, she was featured for the wristband promotions (wbpromotion.com)
- In 2008, she was a part of PETA PSA Violence link.
Julie is a born Christian.
Best Known For
Her role as “Rita Bennett” in the TV series named “Dexter,” which brought her the 2006 Satellite award for best supporting actress.
Also significant is the role as Darla on “Buffy The Vampire Slayer” (1997-2000) and “Angel” (2000-2004).
Julie first shows up in one scene in the segment called “The Black Cat” in the movie called Two Evil Eyes, which was co-directed by George Romero and Dario Argento. She played the role as Betty.
First TV Show
She debuted on television with TV show Hi Honey, I’m Home where she played the role as Babs Nielson in 14 episodes from the years 1991 to 1992.
Julie’s personal trainer is Ronnie Kerr, who is a fitness trainer of many other celebrities too.
At the same time, I got to bring up the fact that Ronnie is an American worker, known for his part in the movie The Army Snow.
Julie prefers cooked and prepared food rather than eating natural raw food.
Her diet consists of:
Julie’s day starts with a cup of coffee, veggie burrito, yogurt and eggs.
Likewise, Julie eats the fruit of choice after the breakfast.
Julie’s lunch is consisted of brown rice mixed with tuna, plus cooked broccoli.
Sometimes, Julie likes to add avocado as she’s addicted to fruits.
For dinner, Julie prefers eating a cooked chicken with veggie salad.
As for the drink, she loves drinking one glass of Pinot Grigio wine.
During the day, Julie loves to take in little snacks such as a mixture of Brazilian nuts and almonds, or nut bar plus fruit.
Sometimes she enjoys eating dessert right after she finishes dinner. For instance, a cup of chocolate chip tea.
Despite the fact that Julie says she is big gymaholic, she doesn’t have a typical workout routine.
She loves boxing and mixing all kinds of exercises from body weight to free weights.
Here’s one example of Julie’s workouts.
- Forward Lunges – 10 reps
- Boxing – 30 seconds
- Wide Squats – 10 reps
- Boxing – 30 seconds
- Burpees – 10 reps
- Matrix Lunges – 5 reps each (Matrix lunge is a combination of Forward, Side and Back lunge)
Repeat this cycle for 3-4 rounds.
Julie uses this physical exercise routine because it provides great fat burn while toning her body, especially her legs.
Julie Benz Favourite Things
- Food – Sicilian Calamari
- TV Shows – Roswell (1999-2002)
- Color – Green
- Books – The Glass Castle (By Jeannette Walls), I Love the Bell, We the Living (By Ayn Rand)
- Movie – Rocky (1976), Life is beautiful (1997)
- Country / City – Argentina / Buenos Aires
- Sport – Boxing
You can find more about Julie’s favourite things HERE.
Julie Benz Facts
- In 1988, Julie entered the junior ice skating championship with partner David Schilling and earned the 13th spot.
- She was once ranked 12th ice skater in the USA.
- She auditioned for a role in the movie “Eyes Wide Shut” in 1999. After sometime, she was called back again to audition for the same role. But, this time, she decided not to perform it because of the fact that she was required to do it topless.
- Julie has appeared in “CSI Miami” in 2001 and “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation” in 2000.
- At 14, she got stress fracture in her right leg.
- Julie loves collecting antique things, and then every time she visits a country, she’s trying to pick up something new to enrich her antique collection.
- She has a dog called Bamboo.
- Julie is very good friends with Eliza Dushku and Clare Kramer, both were the part of “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” movie, and also with Jaime Murray, who has played the famous role as Lila West in the TV series “Dexter” in 2007.
- She is often mistaken with Julie Bowen.
- In 2002, she was ranked 85 in “Hot 100 Sexiest Women” list by Maxim magazine.
- You can follow Julie on her Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.