Justin Brooks Verlander
Manakin-Sabot, Virginia, United States
Justin first went to Goochland High School. After graduating from Goochland, Verlander joined Old Dominion University where he was a member of the baseball team. He studied at Old Dominion for three years.
Professional Baseball Player
- Father – Richard Verlander
- Mother – Kathy Verlander
- Siblings – Ben Verlander (Brother) (Baseball Player)
Justin is signed with Relativity Sports (Sports Management Agency).
6 ft 5 in or 196 cm
102 kg or 225 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Justin Verlander dated –
- Kate Upton (2013-Present) – Justin met well known American model Kate Upton in 2012 while filming MLB 2k12 TV advert. They dated from July 2012 to December 2012. After a hiatus, they again commenced dating in December 2013 and spent 3 years together until April 2016 when they decided to crown their relationship with an engagement.
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
Justin Verlander’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 46 in or 117 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15.5 in or 39.5 cm
- Waist – 36 in or 91.5 cm
Verlander has been sponsored by Under Armor and Rawlings.
He has also appeared in a TV commercial for Bayer Aspirin.
Best Known For
Being voted the MLB MVP (Major League Baseball Most Valuable Player Award) on November 21, 2011.
First Baseball Match
Justin debuted in a professional baseball match in 2005.
Verlander had his MLB debut on July 4, 2005 playing for Detroit Tigers.
Justin has not performed in a feature film yet.
However, he has been seen in couple of movie documentaries.
First TV Show
Other than baseball matches itself, Verlander appeared in two episodes of the sports based TV series Prime 9 from 2009 to 2010 as himself.
Justin’s workout can be seen in this video.
Justin Verlander Favorite Things
- Memories – Playing against his brother and winning over him.
- Technology – iPad
- Feature in Major League Baseball 2K12 – Pitching using the analog stick
Source – Complex.com
Justin Verlander Facts
- Despite he attended high school, Justin also trained at The Richmond Academy. There he managed to throw a fastball that reached 84 mph (135 km/h).
- In 2003, Verlander set a new record for a single season for most strikeouts (139).
- In 2004, Justin set another record of 151 strikeouts, this time for the (CAA) Colonial Athletic Association.
- As a member of the USA’s baseball team in 2003, Verlander pitched for his country all the way to the silver medal at the Pan American Games.
- He was selected as the second overall pick by the Detroit Tigers in the 2004 MLB draft.
- During the off-season in 2010, Verlander extended the contract with the Detroit Tigers for 5 more years with a price of 80 million dollars.
- In 2011, he achieved the Cy Young Award and AL MVP Award.
- Before the start of the 2013 season, Verlander and Detroit agreed on a new seven-year deal worth 180 million dollars with an option for additional 22 million dollars if Justin finishes in top 5 players during the voting for the Cy Young Award 2019.
- Justin and his brother Ben played together in one match during the spring training.
- Visit his official player’s page on mlb.mlb.com.
- Follow Verlander on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.