Redmond, Washington, U.S.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Karan was educated at Cedar Wood Elementary School in Bothell, Washington.
The skilled actor learnt his acting skills from John Robert Powers and Patti Kalles workshops.
- Father – Harinder Brar
- Mother – Jasbinder Brar
- Siblings – Sabreena Brar (Older Sister)
He is signed to Paradigm Talent Agency.
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
52 kg or 115 pounds
He has not dated anyone publicly until late 2015.
As he himself is a humorous guy, he wants a girl, who would love to listen his jokes and would in turn make him laugh as well.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Punjabi Indian ancestry from both of his parents side.
- Witty nature
- Thick eyebrows
Karan Brar’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 35 in or 89 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 11.5 in or 29 cm
- Waist – 29 in or 74 cm
He has appeared in commercials on Shell Gasoline, Committee for Children, etc.
In April 2010, when Dalai Lama had to visit Seattle, he appeared in Seeds of Compassion ad.
He also teamed up with Rebtel to promote their plans of unlimited calling on social media in 2015.
Best Known For
Playing Chirag Gupta in the Wimpy Kid film series in 2010, 2011, and 2012.
He is also known for playing Ravi Ross in the Disney Channel’s sitcom Jessie, and its spin-off series Bunk’d.
In 2010, he appeared in the comedy film Diary of a Wimpy Kid for his role as Chirag Gupta. Later, he got to appear in more Diary of a Wimpy Kid films.
First TV Show
In 2011, he debuted with Disney Channel Original Series Jessie for his main role as Ravi Ross.
Well, it seems he does not do much workout. But, he seems to go on hikes with his friends occasionally.
Karan Brar Favorite Things
- Food – Pizza
- TV Show – Gravity Falls
- Musicians – Andy Grammer, Twenty One Pilots, Calvin Harris
- Color – Green
- Green People – The Statue of Liberty, Oscar the Grouch, the Hulk
- Code – Morse Code
- Film – Finding Nemo (2003)
- Jessie Episode – Used Karma
- Book – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- School Subject – Algebra
- Day of the Week – Friday
- Cartoon – Lilo and Stitch
Source – Karan Brar, Twitter, Wikia, Scholastic
Karan Brar Facts
- Karan was born in Redmond (in Washington) but grew up in Bothell (in Washington).
- Brar is fluent in English, Hindi, and Punjabi.
- If he could ask one thing from a genie, it would be world peace. He wants people to focus on bigger problems, for which peace is necessary.
- He is a kind of person, who always laughs at the jokes of the other person, no matter how bad that joke / punch was.
- When he started with Jessie in 2011, he was terrified of wizards. But now, all okay.
- He has a Chihuahua mix (dog) named, Levi.
- Karan likes to collect music, and comic books. In his free time, he does swimming, roller skating, figure skating, hiking, etc.
- He speaks in the American accent.
- If Karan could be any superhero for a day, he would choose superman because he can do anything.
- Brar can switch between two Englishes, the American accent and Indian accent (his natural).
- He had a crush on Kylie Nicholson and made a special song for her called “Kylie Nicholson, be my girl” to impress her.
- He is the first Indian to have a regular role in the Disney’s series. Before him, all Indians (of course on Disney) had just guest appearances.
- He has also appeared in vlogger Lilly Singh‘s video. Lilly Singh is also of Indian descent.
- You can check out his sitcom Jessie dressing room, where he relaxes in between the shoots.
- Visit his official website @ karanbrar.com.
- Connect with Karan on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Google+.